Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
White Rook
Deceased Member

Default Handicap docks in wolfeboro...

No open spots except the Handicap Dock ......

I read this as the Handicap Dock remained as an official, legal HP Dock? Is this correct? I know there was a stir over this a couple of years ago. Thanks for any replies.

Stevie

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
We were out last Fri and decided to go to Wolfeboro for ice cream. No open spots except the Handicap Dock and a few boats waiting, so we made the trip down the lake to the Weirs. There were a few spots open on the end, but my big fear is someone will move the boat further in and I will be stuck inside. We did find a spot on the beach side of the last dock, and as we walked up toward the boardwalk, we saw a friend who had pulled his boat all the way when he docked. He was now blocked by two good sized bowriders. We talked for a few mins and then went up to JB Scoops for ice cream. We ate it there, walked down to the train that had just pulled in, and then headed down to the boat to head home. Time on shore was maybe 20-25 mins. As we got on the dock, we saw our friend untying his ropes...one of the boats was just pulling out. Told him, could have been worse...he may have had to wait for hours to get out rather than 35-40 mins.

Yup...it is a lousy design. And I am not sure that there is much room for anything other than a really small boat to get out between two boats. Other thing that can complicate the situation is the boat wake wave action that can toss any boat around.