Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
Chaselady

Default Wolfeboro RiteAid

What is up with the RiteAid in Wolfeboro. Every time we are in there the staff seems cranky and uncooperative. Anyone else experiencing this?
Chaselady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaselady For This Useful Post:
old coot (09-21-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaselady View Post
What is up with the RiteAid in Wolfeboro. Every time we are in there the staff seems cranky and uncooperative. Anyone else experiencing this?
Makes sense, Laconia one is pretty much the same.
Cheaper then Walgreen's and CVS but that is abut all Riteaid is known for.
BroadHopper (09-21-2012)
Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
beagle

Default not my experience

I am in there almost every week during the summer and have not felt this at all. In fact when wandering around someone usually asks if I am looking for something and they help me find it. Also, pleasant checkouts, except for the long lines this summer (all of WB had lots of lines this summer). I never have my card with me and they always are happy to look it up. Sorry that you have not had a similar pleasant experience.
beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beagle For This Useful Post:
Natt (10-31-2015)
Old 09-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
CateP

I have had a very nice shopping experience at Rite Aid this past year. Really friendly staff and generally clean store. Pharmacist was good too.
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaselady View Post
Chaselady, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Chaselady (09-22-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
RLW

Smile

I haven't had the experience that you have had, it is always very pleasant at the Wolfeboro as well as the other 2 or 3 I have done business with.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #7
Chaselady

Well I guess we must be hitting the store on their "off" days. Of the last 4-5 times we have gone in there we have had bad impressions.
It's good to know others have been more impressed. I guess we will have to see.
Thanks for the welcome to the forum!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
tis

Thanked 1,376 Times in 952 Posts

I have never cared for Rite Aid in Wolfeboro and know lost of relatives and friends who don't like their attitude either. I have seldom gone there lately, because after the first few years I gave up and only go there as a last resort. So they may be better than they used to be- I can only speak from the past. Every time one of my friends or I went we had a "Rite Aid story" to tell about the treatment. And I must say that is the only store in town where we told stories about our treatment in a store.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
old coot (09-23-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I have never cared for Rite Aid in Wolfeboro and know lost of relatives and friends who don't like their attitude either. I have seldom gone there lately, because after the first few years I gave up and only go there as a last resort. So they may be better than they used to be- I can only speak from the past. Every time one of my friends or I went we had a "Rite Aid story" to tell about the treatment. And I must say that is the only store in town where we told stories about our treatment in a store.
For prescriptions I now use Walmart. Cheaper and cheaper is better.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #10
old coot
Deceased Member

Quote:
I couldn't agree more tis. Have you ever been through the Gestapo like "stand behind the red line" routine at the pharmacy counter?
There's also an old sourpuss at the front counter.
old coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
barefootbay

The Wolfeboro Rite Aid Pharmacy department has been rude from day 1
barefootbay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to barefootbay For This Useful Post:
old coot (09-23-2012)
Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #12
Barbara

I've never had a problem with Rite Aid, including the pharmacy. The staff has always been helpful and friendly. Try giving a smile and a " How are you?" and you might be surprised at what you get back.

I appreciate having a large drug store so conveniently located in Wolfeboro.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #13
Chaselady

There are obviously inconsistencies in their service, by the differences in experiences posted on the forum.
I enjoy a large store also.....but miss the CVS we had before, where a smile was met with a returned smile, not a staff person turning their back on you and walking away.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

The days of the friendly Malt shop are long gone. Along with the Local A&W Root Beer drive in. Most folks are disillusioned with the economy and management just doesn't d anything to bolster morale in the work place. Work ethic is just not the same these days. I know my parents instilled a good work ethic in me and I carried that through my whole life so far. I don;t think parents do enough to get their kids to work hard and be polite anymore. I just don't see it anyways....(Not everyone of course, there are still a few good parents out there.....)
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #15
tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
I've never had a problem with Rite Aid, including the pharmacy. The staff has always been helpful and friendly. Try giving a smile and a " How are you?" and you might be surprised at what you get back.

I appreciate having a large drug store so conveniently located in Wolfeboro.
I am insulted by your remark. I am always friendly and nice to people when i go in a store so that is NOT the problem. And I don't think all the rest of the people in Wolfeboro- and there are a lot who don't care for this pharmacy-go in with a bad attitude.
old coot (09-23-2012)
Old 09-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #16
Rusty

Probably 50% of the women I talk to about Rite Aid don't like the place. However 100% of the men I talk to do not have any problem with anyone there.
I have never had a problem with anyone there...I guess it doesn't hurt to be tall dark and handsome though.

I walk in and get a smile from everyone and they will even talk to me about anything and everything.

Seriously though, many times women will not be greeted the same way a man will. Most stores have women who wait on you and I have seen some pretty good cat fights between sales staff and women customers.

I never really worry about how the staff of a store treats me as long as I can find what I want and then be on my way.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #17
Chaselady

I would tend to agree with you, Rusty....but my husband has also been treated poorly also. It was so bad he had to speak up to the person .
Old 09-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #18
tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Probably 50% of the women I talk to about Rite Aid don't like the place. However 100% of the men I talk to do not have any problem with anyone there.
I have never had a problem with anyone there...I guess it doesn't hurt to be tall dark and handsome though.

I walk in and get a smile from everyone and they will even talk to me about anything and everything.

Seriously though, many times women will not be greeted the same way a man will. Most stores have women who wait on you and I have seen some pretty good cat fights between sales staff and women customers.

I never really worry about how the staff of a store treats me as long as I can find what I want and then be on my way.
I know men who don't like the place either. Old coot above is one of them. Again, though, I must say I haven't been there more than 6 times in the last 3 years because I avoid it. I don't know if Linda is still there but she was/is nice.

Tall, dark, and handsome??????
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
old coot (09-23-2012), Rusty (09-23-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #19
Grant

But who wouldn't want to return to the days of Tobey's and Hall's pharmacies? (And, while we're at it, Carly's Barber Shop, Lakes Region Sports, Schillereff's Bovine...the list goes on and on...)
Jonas Pilot (09-24-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #20
old coot
Deceased Member

The people who run the Care Pharmacy in the Wolfeboro Shopping Center seem nice enough.
old coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #21
jack1706

I'm with you Lakesrider.... ssoooo true !

I have yet to be treated with a smile there and I ALWAYS greet everyone..

Been through the disaster about waiting behind the line drawn on the floor at the pharmacy( and yelled at )(what line?) and waited until all the employees finished their personal conversations to be waited on and pushed out ....

I too avoid this place.... i never had a good experience there and have HAD to go more times than I wish I had to. Prices are extremely high too
jack1706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #22
dpg

Chaselady - go somewhere else.......Problem solved.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
Chaselady (09-24-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #23
tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
But who wouldn't want to return to the days of Tobey's and Hall's pharmacies? (And, while we're at it, Carly's Barber Shop, Lakes Region Sports, Schillereff's Bovine...the list goes on and on...)
Tobey's and Halls, were the best at least until Don sold Halls. But you know, if you want that old time feeling go to Care Pharmacy down by Harvest Market. They are just so nice in there, you can't believe it. They go above and beyond to help you out. The store is not that big but the pharmacy seems to have everything. I have only had to get scripts there twice but they have been so helpful. Just as everyone I know doesn't like Rite Aid, everyone I know likes Care. And no, I don't know them personally.
CubRun (11-05-2015)
Old 09-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #24
Jonas Pilot

Quote:
Tobey's and Halls, were the best at least until Don sold Halls. But you know, if you want that old time feeling go to Care Pharmacy down by Harvest Market. They are just so nice in there, you can't believe it. They go above and beyond to help you out. The store is not that big but the pharmacy seems to have everything. I have only had to get scripts there twice but they have been so helpful. Just as everyone I know doesn't like Rite Aid, everyone I know likes Care. And no, I don't know them personally.
Do you know who owns Wolfeboro's Care Pharmacy?
Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #25
tis

No, I don't. And I thought I knew everything about Wolfeboro! I think there is one in Rochester too, so they might be from there.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #26
barefootbay

Right as usual Tis.
The Following User Says Thank You to barefootbay For This Useful Post:
tis (09-24-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #27
Acrossamerica

Default Care Pharmacy

Care is a small chain all owned by the same parent co. They have Wolfeboro, Rochester, Dover and Epping. All are located nearest to senior housing as they cater primarily to seniors. The Dover shop offers a large candy section and also sells groceries as there is no supermarket at that end of town.
Acrossamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Acrossamerica For This Useful Post:
Chaselady (09-24-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 05:03 AM   #28
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootbay View Post
Right as usual Tis.
Ditto...
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
tis (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #29
RailroadJoe

Acrossamerica Its in Epsom not Epping for Care Pharmacy. Also there is a Hannaford market in south Dover on 108 heading towards Durham.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #30
Acrossamerica

Default RR Joe

That would be why I could never find the one in Epping if you are correct. As to the Hannafords on the Durham Dover road, that is one heck of a long walk if you live in the vicinity of Care Pharmacy and are a senior citizen. Plus Hannaford is there to catch the Durham folks who don't want to pay convenience store prices at their local superette.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #31
RailroadJoe

Acrossamerica. You are not the only one on Epping. I confuse the the two Epsom & Epping all the time. Only way I remember is the there is a rotary in Epsom. You are right on the long walk from Care to Hanniford. I believe the Care Pharmacy at one time, I think, was an A&P market.

Now back to the lake and Wolfeboro Rite Aid
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:58 AM   #32
beaner

Default Walgreens buyout of Rite Aid...good news?!

We're hoping that the proposed Walgreens buyout will bring about much-needed change at Wolfeboro Rite Aid, which has long been our pharmacy of last resort. Our customer experience has been similar to what Tis reported above. We haven't filled a prescription there in years, driving to Alton Hannaford when Care hasn't been open. Maybe the situation has improved in recent years? If not, a good "housecleaning" is long overdue.
beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beaner For This Useful Post:
tis (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #33
Greene's Basin Girl

I am so excited that Rite Aid in Meredith will change to Walgreens. I am hoping the prices will be more reasonable. I read an article stating that the name might not change to Walgreens immediately. I do not care as long as it has better prices.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:42 AM   #34
tis

I am very happy the Rite Aid in Wolfeboro will become a Walgreen's!
Old 10-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #35
barefootbay

Walgreens may close the Wolfeboro Rite Aid.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:04 PM   #36
tis

I am hoping because there are two Walgreens (people) in the area, they will want to keep it open.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:44 AM   #37
Patiently Watching

It will be interesting to see what happens...
They have to clear Anti-Trust hurdles first, which may be problematic and could stop the whole thing.
Maybe I am the only one, but I am always treated great at the Wolfeboro Rite Aid (though I don't shop there too often) and find their prices better than at Walgreens.
Whatever the outcome, I doubt the Wolfeboro store will be closed; as I understand it, it does incredible sales $ volume.
Patiently Watching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:51 PM   #38
beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootbay View Post
Walgreens may close the Wolfeboro Rite Aid.
I would think that would certainly be a possibility if there were already a Walgreens in Wolfeboro. In that case, consolidating the 2 stores would make sense. But the closest Walgreens is in Laconia.
I believe that Patiently is correct: A) It's not a done deal yet, and B) the Wolfeboro Rite Aid is highly profitable (simply due to lack of competition).
I don't think the fact that there are Walgreen family members living in the area will have any impact on decisions impacting the future of the Wolfeboro location.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:12 PM   #39
tis

You don't, beaner? I would think I would want one of my companies in the place where I lived if it was possible.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:37 PM   #40
Acrossamerica

Quote:
You don't, beaner? I would think I would want one of my companies in the place where I lived if it was possible.
If that were the case, Wolfeboro would also have a Marriot hotel and a Staples (Romney). The "name" people who reside here do so an a seasonal basis and they have zero desire to bringing attention to their quiet vacation spot with big box shops or hotels.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #41
tis

I do believe if it was financially viable there would be both a Staples and Marriott in town. Obviously a drug store is. But then again, I can't imagine the town allowing a Marriott and probably not a Staples. It would certainly be a big fight for them to get them in.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:05 AM   #42
Patiently Watching

Walgreens is a public company with no family members on the board of directors or otherwise employed.... I am sure they are stockholders most likely, but otherwise are no longer making decisions.
If the merger happens - it will become a Walgreens, but most certainly not close.
Patiently Watching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #43
beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patiently Watching View Post
If the merger happens - it will become a Walgreens, but most certainly not close.
I agree. Regardless of whether the sign over the door says "Rite Aid", "Walgreens" or "CVS", the Wolfeboro store is a proverbial gold mine. I would be shocked if it were closed post-merger.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:31 PM   #44
Sunbeam lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner View Post
I agree. Regardless of whether the sign over the door says "Rite Aid", "Walgreens" or "CVS", the Wolfeboro store is a proverbial gold mine. I would be shocked if it were closed post-merger.
There is a beautiful Rite Aid in Meredith and also Hannafords has a pharmacy.
How far is it from Rite aid in Wolfboro to Meredith?
Sunbeam lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:50 PM   #45
Newbiesaukee

Worlds apart...but seriously, a good ride for a neighborhood pharmacy and I don't believe they would be realistically competitive. Actually, about 45 minutes.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:13 AM   #46
ApS

Wink Not Going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner View Post
Wolfeboro's Rite Aid store is sort of like a small Wal-Mart, but without the variety, the low prices and the charm of Wal-Mart...

BTW: "The Line" was to provide pharmaceutical transaction-privacy to Rite Aid's customers at the cash register.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #47
beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbeam lodge View Post
How far is it from Rite aid in Wolfboro to Meredith?
Meredith is about twice as far as the Hannaford in Alton for us, time-wise. To get there, we drive right past Wolfeboro Rite Aid.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:28 PM   #48
beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Wolfeboro's Rite Aid store is sort of like a small Wal-Mart, but without the variety, the low prices and the charm of Wal-Mart...

Exactly!