Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
chipj29

Default I-93 Memorial Day Weekend

Just a heads up to those who might be traveling up to the lake this weekend via I-93 and/or the Hooksett tolls.
First of all, the open-road tolling is now fully functional in Hooksett. I went through last night, and it was a breeze. Be careful as you come through from the 293-93 merge to the toll booth, as the lane configuration may not be what you are used to seeing. You need to be in the 2 left lanes for the open-road tolling. There are still EZ Pass and cash lanes on the right.

Secondly, on 93 North in Salem they have done some paving in the Exit 1 area. The lanes are marked, but are not yet fully painted as of last night. Please be very careful in that area. With all the tourists (you guys!) heading north, it might be a bit of a cluster. There are 4 lanes that go past the rest area. The farthest right lane is exit only. The 2nd lane from the right you can either exit or stay on 93. That lane ends just after you pass under the overpass. Then as you know, it is 2 lanes the rest of the way.
Bernie Girl (05-23-2013)