Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 05:49 PM   #1
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,213 Posts

Let's see: I could choose to work in MA and make $13+ without question or choose NH and jump through hoops to maybe make somewhere close?

The same issue exists, by the way, in the education field. Teachers on the border can drive 20 minutes to MA and make $10k+ more AND get a much better pension.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 05-03-2021, 06:03 PM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,163 Times in 906 Posts

The fallacy in the discussion assumes that the businesses hiring in either state are only paying minimum wage. Sure there are some, but in the current market that is not the majority.

Local employers I am familiar with are paying quiet a bit more to get employees. I don't think that many people are working for minimum wage. Employees with marketable skills are getting more.
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 07:40 PM   #3
Glendale Girl

Default Stealing Servers

https://www.boston25news.com/news/he...KBOL6HEFKMFQY/
Old 05-04-2021, 01:24 PM   #4
BoatHouse

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Let's see: I could choose to work in MA and make $13+ without question or choose NH and jump through hoops to maybe make somewhere close?

The same issue exists, by the way, in the education field. Teachers on the border can drive 20 minutes to MA and make $10k+ more AND get a much better pension.

My 15 year old daughter has been looking for a job near our MA home. I have told her I will pay her not to work in MA so it does not interfere with my ability to go to the house on the lake. totally conflicts with my conservative views...
Old 05-04-2021, 01:37 PM   #5
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatHouse View Post
My 15 year old daughter has been looking for a job near our MA home. I have told her I will pay her not to work in MA so it does not interfere with my ability to go to the house on the lake. totally conflicts with my conservative views...
When it comes to working, I'm conservative as well, so I might consider subsidizing the pay and/or require investment elsewhere, e.g. volunteerism, education, etc.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2021, 04:15 PM   #6
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
When it comes to working, I'm conservative as well, so I might consider subsidizing the pay and/or require investment elsewhere, e.g. volunteerism, education, etc.

Wait....!!! Are you telling me that a TEACHER is willing to subsidize pay for education ????
Old 05-04-2021, 09:06 PM   #7
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatHouse View Post
I feel your pain! My daughter is a few years older and I tried a similar trick, also telling myself it conflicted with my conservative views (not to be confused with my liberal political views, haha). Backfired--she got a job despite my best efforts to get her to just have fun with me at the lake. Spouted some sort of BS about it being important for her growth
Closed Thread