Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2022, 09:44 AM   #101
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Folks everyone is getting carried away here.... We live in America....

First there are always two trials...

The trial in the Press, where the press is never really held accountable, if they report incorrect assumptions as facts....

Then the Trial in the court room, where things are scrutinized. Which can end up in a complete contrary verdict, that doesn't agree with what the Press lead us to believe......

The laws and rules of this country where applied, a Jury provided a decision, we need to be done with this... Not continue to argue over what is write and what is wrong....
Boatbottom952 (08-12-2022), Fritoman (08-12-2022), MRD (08-13-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 12:36 PM   #102
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post

The trial in the Press, where the press is never really held accountable, if they report incorrect assumptions as facts....

Then the Trial in the court room, where things are scrutinized. Which can end up in a complete contrary verdict, that doesn't agree with what the Press lead us to believe......

The laws and rules of this country where applied, a Jury provided a decision, we need to be done with this... Not continue to argue over what is write and what is wrong....
Just as the jury did with this bum of a defendant, let's be fair to the press and also hold ourselves accountable.

No one on this forum has cited any incorrect reporting. (A person's memory of an article from years ago does not count.) The LDS reporting has been excellent, especially for a small paper without a lot of resources. If I'm wrong here, I look forward to a link correcting me.

All of us, myself included, were ready to lock this guy up just based on his past behavior. That's on us, nobody else
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
Boatbottom952 (08-12-2022), Fritoman (08-12-2022), SailinAway (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 02:08 PM   #103
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Boatbottom952

I guess boatbottom952 felt it necessary to send me this by PM….

“Don't stop crying and taking your ball home with you. You were WRONG, so stop crying and move on. You entitled little ones make me laugh.”

Somehow I’m “entitled” “crying” and “I’m taking my ball home” because I asked John Mercier not to bother to respond as I was done on this topic. The only reason I said that is unlike some, I don’t need or care to get the last word in on any topic. This is just an Internet forum that’s supposed be somewhat fun, and relevant to the lake.

Always love people who hide behind screen names and send nasty PM’s to other forum members anonymously acting like a tough guy…

Well broadbottom I’m not going anywhere and you should stop playing on your mothers computer!

Dan
upthesaukee (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 02:31 PM   #104
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I guess boatbottom952 felt it necessary to send me this by PM….

“Don't stop crying and taking your ball home with you. You were WRONG, so stop crying and move on. You entitled little ones make me laugh.”

Somehow I’m “entitled” “crying” and “I’m taking my ball home” because I asked John Mercier not to bother to respond as I was done on this topic. The only reason I said that is unlike some, I don’t need or care to get the last word in on any topic. This is just an Internet forum that’s supposed be somewhat fun, and relevant to the lake.

Always love people who hide behind screen names and send nasty PM’s to other forum members anonymously acting like a tough guy…

Well broadbottom I’m not going anywhere and you should stop playing on your mothers computer!

Dan
How is this tool still a member after going after Sue and admin learning that s/he has two other usernames that also have been unforumlike?

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 02:32 PM   #105
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post

Nicely stated LI! This was a tough one for me being both a former Marine and semi retired biker it hit close to home… But yes I agree and as I stated previously, I am done with it.

Now why did I reply??..

Have a great weekend!

Dan
Old 08-12-2022, 05:43 PM   #106
FlyingScot

Hi Dan,

You're right--this BS should see sunshine...

A couple of weeks ago I received an email alert that I had this PM from Boatbottom:

"It really isn't any of your Business. Focus on changing your state of Mass. Gunstock is not your concern."

The message was not in my Forum box when I checked, so I figured Boatbottom or Don had axed it, and I just decided to let it go.

But this guy needs to stop harassing people, and maybe if we all share this stuff it will end
Old 08-12-2022, 05:52 PM   #107
dickiej

For those of you wrestling with the “ beyond a reasonable doubt” concept, ask yourself one question: which is worse….convicting an innocent person to jail, or letting a guilty person off. ?
dickiej is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dickiej For This Useful Post:
Poor Richard (08-13-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 06:04 PM   #108
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiej View Post
For those of you wrestling with the “ beyond a reasonable doubt” concept, ask yourself one question: which is worse….convicting an innocent person to jail, or letting a guilty person off. ?
That depends—does the person have an extensive criminal history, including drug and alcohol charges and a license that was supposed to have been revoked as a result of previous offenses?

thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Boatbottom952 (08-13-2022), SailinAway (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 06:09 PM   #109
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Cowardly creeps

It’s really pathetic, but I have observed that the PM is the perfect chosen vehicle for the cowards, bullies, and misfits who haven’t the courage to post their ideas or grievances on an open forum…..sick and creepy.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
Boatbottom952 (08-16-2022), Fritoman (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 07:57 PM   #110
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
That depends—does the person have an extensive criminal history, including drug and alcohol charges and a license that was supposed to have been revoked as a result of previous offenses?

That would be a preconception of guilt.
Courts work very hard to avoid a preconception of guilt or innocence among the jurors.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
KPW (08-13-2022)
Old 08-13-2022, 07:12 AM   #111
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
It’s really pathetic, but I have observed that the PM is the perfect chosen vehicle for the cowards, bullies, and misfits who haven’t the courage to post their ideas or grievances on an open forum…..sick and creepy.
Sorry that you've received those PMs Sue. While I receive notifications of every forum post and new member I don't get notified of PM activity and can't see them unless I tunnel down into the database, which I rarely do. PMs are supposed to be private and I don't get involved unless someone points out a problem.

Although Boatbottom952/Fritoman/subaruliving has been heavily restricted already I've now taken additional steps to keep them out. You shouldn't get any more PMs like those but please let me know if you do.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Biggd (08-17-2022), Boatbottom952 (08-13-2022), FlyingScot (08-13-2022), Fritoman (08-13-2022), KennyFromBoston (08-13-2022), TCC (08-17-2022), TiltonBB (08-16-2022), upthesaukee (08-13-2022)
Old 08-13-2022, 08:22 AM   #112
fatlazyless

With motorcycles drivers supposedly TWENTY EIGHT times more likely to get killed than a car driver, what really makes the difference for the motorcyclist is their level of perfomance and their alertness. Some motorcyclists go their whole life without a crash, while others have a crash early on.

One thing for sure is that a large pickup truck offers way more protection than a 500-lb motorcycle. Motorcycles just look really cool & dynamic even when standing still ..... they are like a work of art, driving machine that hooks people onto riding them.

Once you is dead ..... that's all there is .... the end. Is riding a motorcycle worth the high risk? ......

If the Fallen-7 had been riding in five different Subaru's and not on Harley Davidson's ....... there would have been much much less death for evryone. So's maybe you Harley riders want to go trade in that Harley and go get yo-self a Subaru!
Old 08-13-2022, 08:32 AM   #113
John Mercier

Depends.
When I rode, that was all I could afford - an inexpensive used motorcycle that got what at that time was great gas mileage.

I had to go from Belmont to my job in Holderness, so motorized was the only option.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:42 AM   #114
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Sorry that you've received those PMs Sue. While I receive notifications of every forum post and new member I don't get notified of PM activity and can't see them unless I tunnel down into the database, which I rarely do. PMs are supposed to be private and I don't get involved unless someone points out a problem.

Although Boatbottom952/Fritoman/subaruliving has been heavily restricted already I've now taken additional steps to keep them out. You shouldn't get any more PMs like those but please let me know if you do.
Thanks on behalf of all who find this creepy behavior annoying. However, I am a big girl and can take it, so don’t go to extreme measures for me….I was just pointing out the creepiness of supposed adults who are immature cowards. From now on, they should simply be ignored, and that’s my plan.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
Boatbottom952 (08-13-2022), Fritoman (08-13-2022), KennyFromBoston (08-13-2022)
Old 08-13-2022, 09:49 AM   #115
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Depends.
When I rode, that was all I could afford - an inexpensive used motorcycle that got what at that time was great gas mileage.
Lemme guess here ..... it had to be a 1966 Honda-95 Classic what with its cost value/mile coefficient .... http://www.smartcycleguide.com/motor.../1966-honda-50 ..... plus you meet the nicest people on a Honda! ...
Old 08-13-2022, 02:23 PM   #116
John Mercier

Not quite. By the time I was driving, those would have been nearly a classic.

I bought cheap CM400 that was about seven years old. No one ''aspired'' to be seen on one. I was getting in the low 40s for mpg.
Old 08-13-2022, 03:49 PM   #117
Poor Richard

Every single charge the state brought was dropped. That on its own says plenty about the integrity of the state's evidence.

Seems plenty of folks in general still want to hang this young man and choose to completely ignore the fact that the motorcyclists have just as much responsibility here, being over the legal BAC limit and all.

There is a group of people involved who aren't taking a long hard look at their own actions and the young man is the only one being persecuted as a result.

I think it's a horrible situation all around. Hopefully someone somewhere is learning or has learned something from all this.
Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poor Richard For This Useful Post:
ApS (10-08-2022), KPW (08-14-2022), SailinAway (08-14-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 05:59 PM   #118
lagoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
With motorcycles drivers supposedly TWENTY EIGHT times more likely to get killed than a car driver, what really makes the difference for the motorcyclist is their level of perfomance and their alertness. Some motorcyclists go their whole life without a crash, while others have a crash early on.

One thing for sure is that a large pickup truck offers way more protection than a 500-lb motorcycle. Motorcycles just look really cool & dynamic even when standing still ..... they are like a work of art, driving machine that hooks people onto riding them.

Once you is dead ..... that's all there is .... the end. Is riding a motorcycle worth the high risk? ......

If the Fallen-7 had been riding in five different Subaru's and not on Harley Davidson's ....... there would have been much much less death for evryone. So's maybe you Harley riders want to go trade in that Harley and go get yo-self a Subaru!
Well respectfully I find your post pretty narrow minded. I both drive and ride and I do expand my zone of awareness hugely when riding. That being said this kid was drugged for sure and even if one rider was also "drugged" on drink that was his problem. The truck driver had much more to be responsible for as he was driving a tank versus a bike. It matters little than one or two bikers were also legally over the limit, this kid was totally stoned out and I think his license was also removed before for cause. he is guilty and needs to serve time and never drive again.
lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:38 PM   #119
John Mercier

Stoned?
So you saw the blood test, and even though it was thrown out as being under any limit to cause impairment... you are sure he was stoned?

He also, according to the reconstruction, remained in his lane.

Not to mention he was found not guilty; and doubtful will never drive again in the US as he is being deported.

So I think everyone is being a bit narrow minded.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:38 PM   #120
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoon View Post
Well respectfully I find your post pretty narrow minded. I both drive and ride and I do expand my zone of awareness hugely when riding. That being said this kid was drugged for sure and even if one rider was also "drugged" on drink that was his problem. The truck driver had much more to be responsible for as he was driving a tank versus a bike. It matters little than one or two bikers were also legally over the limit, this kid was totally stoned out and I think his license was also removed before for cause. he is guilty and needs to serve time and never drive again.
I'm not sure if you've seen all the articles? It's true the kid's a druggie and has spent much of his life wasted. But blood tests and police statements on field sobriety both say he was sober at the time of collision.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 07:53 PM   #121
mowtorman

Default Relative danger

People die on boats every year. People fall out, run people over, crash going out to dinner and hit stationary objects. Are boats dangerous or do they require common sense, regular upkeep and respect?

Twenty eight times as deadly as walking the WOW trail at 2 am? It's all relative. The machine is not dangerous. Is it an issue in the live free or die state, no helmets weather or not someone chooses to ride a motorcycle? Are the open air Spyders, trikes and Can Ams any safer?

I'm not sure what the point is other than a personal choice would be to not ride a Harley or any other brand of motorcycle. Does it relate to the ride and crash?

Is choice always right or wrong?
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 08:11 PM   #122
garysanfran

In the beginning, the media screwed-up this story big time. They reported the truck driver's background before learning the facts of toxicology testing on the motorcyclists. By then public opinion became mob rule and has remained that way. The media is always very slow to report itself wrong.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post:
TiltonBB (08-17-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 06:52 AM   #123
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoon View Post
It matters little than one or two bikers were also legally over the limit, this kid was totally stoned out and I think his license was also removed before for cause. he is guilty and needs to serve time and never drive again.
Misinformation.

The facts stated in court do not support the conclusion of impairment. His license was not suspended or "removed" at the time of the accident.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:30 PM   #124
ApS

Question Is Coos County Big Enough to Find a Competent Jury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
I remember thinking the truck driver was guilty as hell and would never be free again during his life.
He even said he caused the crash!

Coös County Police were too slow to read his Miranda Rights?

Quote:
The media reported things the jury was not allowed to hear because those historical items in this guy's life could not be admitted in the court-of-law. It could only be disclosed by the media, in the court-of-public-opinion.
Worse, eligible Coös County voters who'd read of those instances would be excluded from the jury! That leaves a very ignorant jury in a tiny jurisdiction with few who hadn't known of this crash that left seven dead bodies.

Quote:
Now, reading the details of the case, the outcome makes legal sense...But WOW!!!
The defense found a weak link among the bikers, and played it to the hilt.

Among my library of books--mostly about Nature--I have a volume autographed to me by the author titled, "The Defense Never Rests".

Personally, I'd like very much to analyze an enlarged aerial photograph of the [cleared] roadway scene with the sun directly overhead.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:51 PM   #125
John Mercier

A none prejudiced jury is the basis of our system.

He wasn't impaired, and didn't cross the line.
He did admit to being distracted and felt in the emotion of the moment that he had been at fault.

He plead not guilty. And the jury found the facts to be so.

A weak link... you mean impaired and crossed the line?
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
KPW (08-18-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 09:26 PM   #126
fatlazyless

"Pacella told Western Mass News that this case rested on the experts."

"There was an expert for the defense who said that although Zhukovskyy was just over the centerline, that at the time of the accident, the bike had turned sideways, essentially, when it hit the truck. Therefore, he lost control first and he caused the accident," Pacella explained.

August 9, 2022: https://westernmassnews.com/2022/08/...uilty-verdict/

Am trying to think of something intelligent to say, here? .... ..... Maybe that a Subaru is supposedly 28-times less fatal than a Harley Davidson, plus it always has air conditioning and a heater and four tires.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrHxVqpNPdo&t=36s ....... Harley's on the Lake Winnipesaukee ice, Meredith Bay ice fishing derby, Feb 2 2020 ...... think I gotta try this next winter ...... except with in-line roller skates with four roller skate wheels, in-line ..... ha-ha-ha! ..... roller skating on the ice ...... weeeooooo!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 08-20-2022 at 08:02 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:53 PM   #127
John Mercier

You should give up the rant about motorcycles - or any brand in particular - as the people riding are keenly aware of the inherent danger.
Old 09-07-2022, 05:41 AM   #128
ApS

Question To Quash Prior Defendant History or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Misinformation.

The facts stated in court do not support the conclusion of impairment. His license was not suspended or "removed" at the time of the accident.
Besides the fact he took heroin and cocaine that morning, admitted to being responsible for the crash, there was plenty to know. (Even his defense attorneys admitted he was over the yellow line, and then, they found alcohol among the dead bikers).

The next day, I'd like to be that journalist who followed up the jurors' reactions. How would you feel as a juror in this case, returning home and reading the following?

‣ Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles records show that Zhukovskyy’s license had been temporarily suspended shortly after a 2013 arrest in Westfield because he was deemed an “immediate threat.”

‣ The Westfield News reported in 2014 that Zhukovskyy was placed on probation for one year and had his license suspended for 210 days in that case.

‣ The video of his February arrest at a Denny’s restaurant in Baytown [TX] showed a jittery man hopped up on something that wouldn’t allow him to stand still. Officers responded to the restaurant for a complaint about a customer who was “talking to himself and acting strange” and banging on the counter, the Boston Herald reported.

‣ Zhukovskyy’s license had been suspended for several years after a drunk driving incident in Westfield, MassLive reported.

‣ And on June 3, five months after his February arrest in Baytown, he rolled an 18-wheeler in the same area, the Boston Herald reported.

That wreck occurred just two weeks before Zhukovskyy plowed into the motorcycle club in New England.

He's so unlucky.
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (09-08-2022)
Old 09-07-2022, 03:28 PM   #129
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
He's so unlucky.
Just the opposite, actually: he beat the rap.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:50 AM   #130
TiltonBB

Quote:

That wreck occurred just two weeks before Zhukovskyy plowed into the motorcycle club in New England.

He's so unlucky.
Did he plow into them, or did they plow into him? The reconstruction shows he was on his side of the center line.

His driving history, while filled with problems, did not come into consideration in the not guilty finding.

Too many motorcycle operators hug the center line or ride side by side. Definitely less safe than riding more to the right and single file.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:37 PM   #131
ApS

Angry Not Done Here: Need the Phone Number of Highway Patrol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
Just the opposite, actually: he beat the rap.
1) Yes, he did. Criminal-Defense Lawyers can be proud of themselves.

2) However, I followed the same empty car-hauler up a large, but steep hill with diesel pumps at one location and gasoline at the other. Not knowing my way around that location, I followed "them" at a distance. The pickup truck towing the trailer MADE HUGE TURNS, just like an 18-wheeler.

3) I recall the defendant took a gentle right turn with a slight rise in the roadway before "intersecting" with the motorcycles. In my mind's eye, I can see the trailer whip-sawing across the victims' path, and needing to correct for the whip-saw.

(Boating analogy: Think of kids riding in a towed tube after a sharp turn).

Especially with excessive speed, that would put the "inebriated" lead-motorcyclist under the left wheel of the subject's truck. (!)

And make the confession of guilt very real! 😱

IF the NH Highway Patrol didn't take the identical path in their reconstruction (if a reconstruction was done at all)...well..shame on them--and the Coös County prosecuting attorneys.

4) Another observation on the same afternoon, do bikers traveling in groups knowingly put the noisiest motorcycle in the back of the group? (Not kidding).
Old 02-09-2023, 05:50 PM   #132
ApS

Thumbs up Judge Orders Innocent Truck Driver Deported...

https://www.wmur.com/article/volodym...order/42816116
Old 02-09-2023, 08:09 PM   #133
Mr. V

Gosh, I'd have thought he'd have returned already to take up arms to defend his homeland.
Old 02-10-2023, 07:17 AM   #134
TiltonBB

From the Boston Herald:

A judge has ordered the deportation of a commercial truck driver from Ukraine who was taken into custody by immigration authorities last year shortly after he was acquitted of causing the deaths of seven motorcyclists in New Hampshire.

Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, 27, of West Springfield, Mass., had a series of immigration hearings after he was acquitted in August on seven counts of manslaughter, seven counts of negligent homicide and one count of reckless conduct. The charges stemmed from a June 21, 2019, crash in Randolph, N.H., that killed seven members of the Jarheads Motorcycle Club, an organization of Marine Corps veterans and their spouses.

Zhukovskyy’s attorney has asked for asylum for his client, who came to the U.S. when he was 10 years old. His lawyers say he has permanent residency status. However, on Feb. 3, the immigration judge ordered Zhukovskyy’s removal, according to the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:31 AM   #135
ishoot308

Default ???

The reason for the deportation is not related to the accident though I am sure it highlighted his prior criminal history. He is now seeking asylum...Why in God's name would we ever offer asylum to someone with this kind of prior criminal record????... From WMUR...

"While Zhukovskyy was found not guilty on all counts in the Randolph crash case, officials previously told WMUR he has multiple prior convictions in other cases, including possession of cocaine and heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving under suspension, furnishing false information to an officer and larceny."

Dan
Old 02-10-2023, 08:56 AM   #136
Major

Default I had to laugh

We are concerned about the deportation of one criminal, while we are willingly allowing millions of illegals to enter our country, many of which are criminals. At this point, given our lack of enforcing immigration laws, who cares about this one dirt bag. Let him stay in the U.S. and enjoy the American dream. To me he's as much deserving as the other illegals.
Major is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
DEJ (02-10-2023), mhtranger (02-10-2023), SAB1 (02-23-2023)
Old 02-23-2023, 04:32 AM   #137
ApS

Exclamation The Hidden Chaos Out There...

Quote:
Did he plow into them, or did they plow into him? The reconstruction shows he was on his side of the center line.

His driving history, while filled with problems, did not come into consideration in the not guilty finding.

Too many motorcycle operators hug the center line or ride side by side. Definitely less safe than riding more to the right and single file.
Zhukovskyy's truck could be shown to have been "on his side of the center line", but where was the trailer? In an over-reaction, the trailer had whip-sawed across the center line and carried away the stream of bikers. (Even empty, these car-carrier trailers are long and heavy).

As for violations, the Bay State perpetrator over at Long Lake had a traffic record of 20 convictions before he ran over two stargazing boaters.

How about this week's driver with 164 traffic violations, before he killed a teen on her way to school? How could he drive down public streets without a driver's license--for thirty years?

We should demand more of our Justice system: Judges should be held to account.

I'm automatically excused from jury duty--that should be changed, too.
Old 02-23-2023, 08:23 PM   #138
John Mercier

The judge didn't decide innocence... the jury did.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:15 PM   #139
FlyingScot

Quote:

I'm automatically excused from jury duty--that should be changed, too.
I would not normally pry, but since you brought it up--why?
Old 02-24-2023, 07:15 PM   #140
winni83

In my case I am excused due to age (70 or over). APS may have other disqualifying factors 😎
winni83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 04:55 AM   #141
ApS

Arrow

Quote:
The judge didn't decide innocence... the jury did.
The jury receives detailed "instructions" from the judge--who allow themselves a great deal of latitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I would not normally pry, but since you brought it up--why?
One can "pry" here:

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/member.php?u=1199

Old 02-25-2023, 07:18 AM   #142
John Mercier

The detailed instructions are to avoid bias.
You're just unhappy with the outcome... something that can be said of at least someone after every decision.
Old 02-25-2023, 08:10 AM   #143
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

I can't believe this thread is still drawing attention?
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 08:14 AM   #144
fatlazyless

On the same day, Tuesday, August 9, 2022 as the 'not guilty' verdicts were issued, Gov Chris Sununu ....... http://www.governor.nh.gov/news-and-...ukovskyy-trial ...... issued his opinion on the verdicts.

And, the NH Attorney General made a similar comment.

You know there is no video of the collisons. Is possible for the pickup truck to avoid a collision while the long, heavy trailer crossed the center line because it would swing to the left on a different turning radius than the pickup turning to the right. An unloaded trailer can wander off track if its wheels are not in alignment or have low air pressure on one side, or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
ApS (02-26-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 04:47 AM   #145
ApS

Angry The Governor and I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I can't believe this thread is still drawing attention?
Quote:
The detailed instructions are to avoid bias.
You're just unhappy with the outcome... something that can be said of at least someone after every decision.
Quoting Governor Sununu on the verdict:

The Fallen Seven did not receive justice today, and that is an absolute tragedy,” said Governor Chris Sununu. 'I share in the shock, outrage, and anger that so many have expressed in the three years since the seven members of the Jarheads Motorcycle Club were taken from us. My heart goes out to their families, friends, and loved ones on this especially dark day.' ”

Old 03-01-2023, 07:31 AM   #146
John Mercier

Being the Governor does not make his opinion any more valid.

The only opinion that matters is the members of the jury.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:42 AM   #147
fatlazyless

Quote:
Being the Governor does not make his opinion any more valid.

The only opinion that matters is the members of the jury.
Yes, but his same day as the verdict, Aug 9, 2022 press release statement ... http://www.governor.nh.gov/news-and-...ukovskyy-trial has a very happening photo of the Mt Washington-6288' summit sign that sort of makes it seem like its an opinion coming from way high up in the sky, or something.

This Mt Washington summit sign is located about seven miles north from the location of the deadly and tragic collision, way down below on Rt 2 in Randolph NH.
Old 03-01-2023, 01:57 PM   #148
Mr. V

That may have been a politically expedient thing for the governor to say but it concerns me that he may think his opinion as governor should be given more weight than the decision of the jury.

It certainly is bad form for the head of the state's executive branch to flame the jury who were part of the judicial branch.

Hello separation of powers...
Old 12-14-2023, 08:35 AM   #149
TiltonBB

Default License hearing

Man acquitted in New Hampshire motorcycle crash that killed 7 set to appear at hearing about driver's license.

"Outcome of the trial aside, past history and very recent past history would say to me that this guy doesn't doesn't need to be on the road. The roads are dangerous enough as it is," said Manny Ribeiro, former president of the Jarheads Motorcycle Club

https://www.wmur.com/article/volodym...cense/46116686
Old 12-14-2023, 09:02 AM   #150
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Man acquitted in New Hampshire motorcycle crash that killed 7 set to appear at hearing about driver's license.

"Outcome of the trial aside, past history and very recent past history would say to me that this guy doesn't doesn't need to be on the road. The roads are dangerous enough as it is," said Manny Ribeiro, former president of the Jarheads Motorcycle Club

https://www.wmur.com/article/volodym...cense/46116686
Well isn't this the case that just keeps going on and on and on.......I think the question that should first be asked, is does he have a NH Driver's license? If he does great wonderful, and the outcome of this could be enforceable by the court. However if he driver's license is from out of state, and the case is built upon circumstantial evidence, it will be hard to request another state revoke his license, based on a NH court ruling after the same court system ruled him not to be at fault for the accident....

Anyways just my 2 cents, this seems to be very politically motivated.... ICE has already declared that he is to be deported.... which will happen eventually.... but what the hell its just tax payers money getting wasted... so who care right/
Old 12-15-2023, 07:38 AM   #151
fatlazyless

Last I heard is that 27-year old Volodymyr Zhukovskyy is held in a prison, somewhere in Pennsylvania. So, he's been incarcerated since that Friday morning, June 21, 2019, when the Randolph NH collision with seven deaths occurred.

He was acquitted on February 9, 2023 in a Concord NH court.

Is unknown if eventually he gets deported to Ukraine.

He had been living in Springfield, Massachusetts since age-10

As a 27-year old he would quickly get conscripted into the Ukraine military to fight the Russian invaders.

His name Volodymyr Zhukovskyy is somewhat similar to Volodymyr Zelenskyy, age 45, President of Ukraine.

Whether he speaks Ukraine or knows only American language, at age-27 Volodymyr Zhukovskyy will very quickly get placed into the Ukraine military as soon as he arrives to Ukraine, is a safe bet.
Old 01-06-2024, 03:14 AM   #152
fatlazyless

Question "Hearing delayed ........"

Back in the WMUR news, Jan 5, 2024: http://www.wmur.com/article/hearing-...leges/46299295

His attorney makes what seems like a strong argument: "Mr Zhukovskyy was, in fact, in his lane, and that the lead motorcycle came across the center lane at him, and his reaction was to jam on his brakes, a natural reaction in a situation such as that,"
Old 03-01-2024, 07:14 AM   #153
TiltonBB

Default Restore License Hearing

Zhukovskyy had admitted having taken a mixture of heroin, cocaine, and fentanyl at 8 a.m. on the day of the fatal crash.

Sure, get him back on the road. What could possibly go wrong?

Zhukovskyy is also awaiting deportation to his native country Ukraine. But deportations to that country have been suspended because of the armed conflict there with Russia, which ICE officials say prevents them from safely returning individuals to the country.

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...567a9f29c.html
Old 03-01-2024, 09:18 AM   #154
fatlazyless

Quote:
Zhukovskyy had admitted having taken a mixture of heroin, cocaine, and fentanyl at 8 a.m. on the day of the fatal crash.

Sure, get him back on the road. What could possibly go wrong?
State of New Hampshire v. Volodymyr Zhukovskyy ...... http://www.courts.nh.gov/media/reque...myr-zhukovskyy ..... (CASE CLOSED)

August 9, 2022, 3-pm, at the court house in Lancaster N.H., " It took the jury about two hours to reach a verdict on the 15 charges Volodymyr Zhukovskyy faced."

"Zhukovskyy faced seven counts of manslaughter and seven counts of negligent homicide, in addition to a charge of reckless conduct. He was found not guilty on all charges."

http://www.wmur.com/article/randolph...rdict/40850159

Was he driving a large, old Ford pick-up truck with four wheels with Massachusetts plates and towing a goose neck trailer capable to carry three vehicles that was empty at the time of the collision on June 21, 2019 in Randolph NH on Route 2, heading west or what?

There is no video that shows the collision happening between the pick-up truck and the motorcycles. Motorcycles are supposedly 28-times more likely to be involved in a deadly crash .... www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_safety ..... than an automobile which makes motorcycles a heck of a lot more dangerous for their driver and rider than for people in a car or truck.
Old 03-01-2024, 06:44 PM   #155
Mr. V

Quote:
Zhukovskyy is also awaiting deportation to his native country Ukraine. But deportations to that country have been suspended because of the armed conflict there with Russia, which ICE officials say prevents them from safely returning individuals to the country.
What if instead of being yet another American junky he wanted to return to Ukraine to fight the Russians?

Were he to offer to "take the risks:" would they let him go, e.g. fly him to Poland and let him figure out the rest of it?