Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2023, 12:53 PM   #1
mishman

Default Vote for Dwyer and Darcy for NH Elec Coop Board

Having previously worked for a large electric utility for eleven years, I can confirm that electric utilities are slow to change compared to most companies.
Customers of the NH Electric Coop recently received a ballot to elect new board members to steer our electric utility into the future. I urge you to reelect current board members Leo Dywer and Bill Darcy for another term. These two gentlemen are helping to bring the Coop into the 21st century with their NH Broadband Initiative and their forward-thinking approach to managing the electric side of the business.
Dywer and Darcy led the effort to get a major $50 million grant to expand high speed internet into rural areas of the service area currently without broadband. This initial effort has been very successful but there is more work to do. There is substantial additional federal money coming to NH to help expand broadband further and also to provided need competition to high priced broadband service of cable providers.
Dwyer and Darcy are also working to keep electric rates affordable. We need their leadership to achieve positive change for our Coop. Please vote on the ballot received in the mail or in your email box.
mishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 01:13 PM   #2
WinnisquamZ

Please identify what each are doing to keep rates affordable. As we sit today, we have the most expensive rates in the country. So if they are currently involved it’s a hard pass here

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 01:50 PM   #3
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Please identify what each are doing to keep rates affordable. As we sit today, we have the most expensive rates in the country. So if they are currently involved it’s a hard pass here

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
That's interesting, do you have some numbers? It does seem expensive, especially when Eversource is charging a little over 10 cents a kwh while nhec is at 13+ cents per kwh. This doesn't include distribution and other charges. I wonder if this increase is partly due to the broadband initiative.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 02:21 PM   #4
John Mercier

I think he means total cost.

NH averages around fourth.
Hawaii is consistently high for obvious reasons...
And NH is third in New England behind Connecticut and Massachusetts.
But all of New England as a region tends toward the higher end of the scale for income and expenses in general.

https://www.energybot.com/electricit...-by-state.html
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
ApS (05-04-2023)