Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2020, 06:55 AM   #1
Not to Worry

Default When does it end? How can it?

Below are what Birx and Fauci said yesterday. The logical question is when can this virus be contained? Once we re-open the country it seems like the infection rates would climb again. All they are saying and trying to do is blunt the curve. Seems logical to me that until we have a vaccine we will continue to live in a apocalyptic world. Trumps replies seem totally out of touch with reality.

"Dr. Birx: (01:30:00)
We’re watching them because they are starting to go on that upside of the curve. We’re hoping and believing that if people mitigate strongly, the work that they did over the last two weeks will blunt that curve, and they won’t have the same upward slope and peak that New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and part of Rhode Island are having. So the next two weeks are extraordinarily important, and that’s why I think you’ve heard from Dr. Fauci, from myself, from the President and the Vice President, that this is the moment to do everything that you can on the presidential guidelines. This is the moment to not be going to the grocery store and not going to the pharmacy, but doing everything you can to keep your family and your friends safe. That means everybody doing the six feet distancing, washing your hands.
Donald Trump: (01:30:56)
Go ahead. [inaudible 01:30:57].
Dr. Fauci: (01:30:57)
So, I mean ditto to everything that Dr. Birx said, but also to emphasize why it’s so important to do that because we’re looking at three or four really key hotspots that are still going up. It’s absolutely essential that the ones that are down at that lower level that Dr. Burke showed the other day, those communities where they’re still going up, we’ve got to make sure we don’t have multiple waves of peaks. That’s going to be the answer to the question of when we can start pulling back because if you keep having multiple peaks and different waves, that’s going to make it very difficult."