Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #1
ACME on the Broads

Default Irwin Toyota #1

I bought two new Toyota's in the last year from Irwin Toyota(a Tacoma pick up and a Camry), the sales department and especially Dana Linglebach were outstanding!

Fantastic Customer focus before the sale, no pressure during negotiation, competitive pricing, great follow-through and calls, many, after the sale as well. Dana even had the car delivered to Keene........He simply went above and beyond to make us (the customers) happy...What a great experience all around. Dana is the sales manager at Irwin, can't imagine buying a car from another dealer or another sales manager...both, top notch!

Thank you,
ACME on the Broads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACME on the Broads View Post
I bought two new Toyota's in the last year from Irwin Toyota(a Tacoma pick up and a Camry), the sales department and especially Dana Linglebach were outstanding!

Fantastic Customer focus before the sale, no pressure during negotiation, competitive pricing, great follow-through and calls, many, after the sale as well. Dana even had the car delivered to Keene........He simply went above and beyond to make us (the customers) happy...What a great experience all around. Dana is the sales manager at Irwin, can't imagine buying a car from another dealer or another sales manager...both, top notch!

Thank you,

I also love Irwin Ford/Toyota. I ordered a Ford pickup coming in any day. It was a very long process as it is new model and my salesman Bob Travers, Dana Lingelbach and Al Faro have been awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:57 AM   #3
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I also love Irwin Ford/Toyota. I ordered a Ford pickup coming in any day. It was a very long process as it is new model and my salesman Bob Travers, Dana Lingelbach and Al Faro have been awesome.

Three salesmen?
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:01 AM   #4
joey2665

No Bob is the salesman and Dana and Al are the store manager and sales manager respectively.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:09 AM   #5
8gv

For those of us new to living in NH, there is a special celebration that comes with buying a new car. The celebration goes beyond the new car smell, shine and whiz bang features.

The lack of a sales tax really feels good on purchases of this size!
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2017, 07:34 AM   #6
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Irwin's Service Department

is another story, they don't adhere to the factory maintenance schedule. It is your responsibility as the owner to make sure the factory schedule is done.

They gave us a fantastic deal on a 2008 Avalon at Corolla price, they had lots of cars in inventory then, but I had to make sure they stick to factory recommended service.

Last year I decided to replace the cabin air filter by myself as I suspect reduced air flow. The original air filter is clogged with debris and we were charged for a new filter every year!

I brought the filter along with the debris to the service department and they acted surprise and promise they will look into it. Well I'm not going back.

Last edited by BroadHopper; 04-13-2017 at 05:45 AM.
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:35 AM   #7
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
For those of us new to living in NH, there is a special celebration that comes with buying a new car. The celebration goes beyond the new car smell, shine and whiz bang features.

The lack of a sales tax really feels good on purchases of this size!

You are correct but keep in mind that the registration fees are much higher and over the life you are in effect paying a similar amount but not paying finance charges on the sales tax.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:15 AM   #8
8gv

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
You are correct but keep in mind that the registration fees are much higher and over the life you are in effect paying a similar amount but not paying finance charges on the sales tax.

In CT there is a personal property tax on vehicles. It is imposed by the municipality in which you live. Adding the CT registration fee to the personal property tax results in an amount approximately the same as the NH registration fee with its mil charges.

On top of that CT takes a 6.35% sales tax! That is a tax I shall not miss.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8gv For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (04-12-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 09:18 AM   #9
joey2665

Come to Long Island, NY 8.625%

Old 04-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #10
Meredith_Resident

Smile Bought From There Too

We purchased a 2007 Tacoma there last July and the salesman was knowledgeable, pleasant, and fast paced. They had a 6 speed SR5 which are rarely in stock used, and we were impressed with their customer service. Had to bring it back to Quick Lane the following week for a battery problem (it was 9 years old; ***NOT IRWINS' PROBLEM TECHNICALLY*** and they replaced the battery free of charge. The mechanic team was fast and friendly. I would recommend Irwin to anyone in the area looking to purchase a new or used vehicle.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:15 PM   #11
arthurc

Bought there 2 years ago for a good deal. and when I went to pick up the car they tried to remove the veterans discount of $750.00. I told them to shove it. Next I emailed the owner. A few minutes later the manager called me and said I could have the car at the agreed price. and that he went to the top to get the discount. When I went to get the car, another guy told me, he got the discount for me, All the time Chris Irwin told them what to do. Ah the life of a car salesman. Love the car
arthurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 02:51 PM   #12
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
is another story, they don't adhere to the factory maintenance schedule. It is your responsibility as the owner to make sure the factory schedule is done.

They gave us a fantastic deal on a 2008 Avalon at Corolla price, they had lots of cars in inventory then, but I had to make sure they stick to factory recommended service.

Last year I decided to replace the cabin air filter by myself as I suspect reduced air flow. The original air filter is clogged with debris and we were charged for a new filter every year!

I brought the filter along with the debris to the service department and they acted surprise and promise they will look into it. Well I'm not going back.
That could have been a mouse nest, they build them quickly and it makes a mess. My cabin filters usually only have dust in them.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITD For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (04-17-2017)
Old 04-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #13
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Their pricing is usually higher than most and since they are not a high volume dealer they can't compete with the big boys if you are pushing hard for the best possible price. Who cares if they are nice....?

What the sell for used leaves a lot to be desired, I've been shocked at some of the stuff I have seen on their used lot, things that anyone else would have wholesaled at the auction and once again priced sky high.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #14
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Their pricing is usually higher than most and since they are not a high volume dealer they can't compete with the big boys if you are pushing hard for the best possible price. Who cares if they are nice....?

What the sell for used leaves a lot to be desired, I've been shocked at some of the stuff I have seen on their used lot, things that anyone else would have wholesaled at the auction and once again priced sky high.

That's is not true. They are a pretty large volume Ford Dealer.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:42 AM   #15
BroadHopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
That could have been a mouse nest, they build them quickly and it makes a mess. My cabin filters usually only have dust in them.
Kind of hard to build a rodent nest with tons of grey dust and leaves, but who knows? The filter has that manufacturer scan tag on it, not the UPC barcode.

It was a bitch to get the cabin filter out of an Avalon. Probable the reason why they did not bother.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:45 AM   #16
BroadHopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post

I have to agree on the used cars. I went with a buddy of mine who knew a friend traded in a primo Mustang GT. The salesrep says the car is going up for auction and management won't change their mind even though my buddy will pay top dollar! Go figure!
Old 01-15-2018, 09:17 PM   #17
NHGUNOWNER

Quote:
Kind of hard to build a rodent nest with tons of grey dust and leaves, but who knows? The filter has that manufacturer scan tag on it, not the UPC barcode.

It was a bitch to get the cabin filter out of an Avalon. Probable the reason why they did not bother.
Old thread I realize,
FYI, your Avalon cabin (and engine) air filter are due to inspect/ clean every 15k, and replace every 30k miles.
I find the engine filter plenty good for 30k, the cabin visibly dirty in 15k, depending on fan use.
I don't want to speculate on what happened with yours but a Toyota dealer tech, even a "lube guy" is able to change that cabin filter in 2 mins flat. They are all the same difficulty, more or less. So if it really didn't get done, ( and you paid for it) "difficulty" isn't the reason.
NHGUNOWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:44 AM   #18
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHGUNOWNER View Post
Old thread I realize,
FYI, your Avalon cabin (and engine) air filter are due to inspect/ clean every 15k, and replace every 30k miles.
I find the engine filter plenty good for 30k, the cabin visibly dirty in 15k, depending on fan use.
I don't want to speculate on what happened with yours but a Toyota dealer tech, even a "lube guy" is able to change that cabin filter in 2 mins flat. They are all the same difficulty, more or less. So if it really didn't get done, ( and you paid for it) "difficulty" isn't the reason.
I agree I change my own in my Honda Accord I don't know but can't imagine a Toyota is much different. I can do mine in literally 3-4 minutes start to finish. I buy them at Wally-Mart (Fram) for around 15.00 Honda dealership gets 70.00
Old 02-26-2018, 01:57 PM   #19
Airedale1

Thanked 1,569 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:

I had a 2011 Avalon that I just sold. Changing the cabin air filter takes all of 5 minutes to do. It is located right behind the glove box; which just flops down and seriously the whole job only takes a couple of minutes and no tools are needed.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:46 PM   #20
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
I have to agree on the used cars. I went with a buddy of mine who knew a friend traded in a primo Mustang GT. The salesrep says the car is going up for auction and management won't change their mind even though my buddy will pay top dollar! Go figure!

Don't get discouraged so quickly; Irwin typically will run auctions on eBay, and you may in fact find that primo Mustang GT waiting there for bids. It's worth checking out.....

TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:04 AM   #21
BroadHopper

Default 2004 Avalon Cabin air filter

OK shade tree mechanics. Here is the youtube video on changing the cabin filter. More like 15 minutes. the little black 'spring' to the right of the door, does not click on as easily as the video applies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1upoomRtls
Old 02-27-2018, 12:15 PM   #22
dpg

Quote:
OK shade tree mechanics. Here is the youtube video on changing the cabin filter. More like 15 minutes. the little black 'spring' to the right of the door, does not click on as easily as the video applies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1upoomRtls
Again, can't speak for Toyotas but I've literally changed my Honda one in less than five minutes and it's also behind the glove box.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:19 PM   #23
BroadHopper

Default Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Again, can't speak for Toyotas but I've literally changed my Honda one in less than five minutes and it's also behind the glove box.
I rented a Honda Crosstour out west. Absolutely love the model. Unfortunately they no longer makes them. I'm a wagon man so I go European. They loves wagons in Europe. American SUV handles like crap!