Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2016, 09:14 PM   #1
Marine Patrol

Default Marine Patrol Photo Contest

As many of you know, construction of the new Marine Patrol Building in Gilford is well on its way. As we approach move-in scheduled for early September, we are now selecting furnishings.

The building has several public areas(lobbies, conference room, and classroom) where the display of artwork/photos would be an excellent addition to the "boathouse" feel of the facility. That said, we need your help!

Marine Patrol is asking the forum community to submit their favorite photos depicting "Lake Life" for review. Boats, weather, sunsets, wet people, wet pets, wildlife, atop the water, under the surface, loons, ducks, boathouses, etc., are all eligible and may be selected for hanging on a wall in the new building.

We would ask that photos be sent as a jpeg, tiff, gif, or png extension and not exceed a file size 10mb(state email limitation). Your name, location of photo, and contact information (phone preferred) must be include with your submittal to be considered.

Staff will review entries and the winners will be contacted and asked to provide a high resolution file for enlargement and suitable framing. The prize is simply having your talent on display in our building with proper credit if you wish to have it posted.

Entries must be sent to Lt. Crystal McLain at crystal.mclain@dos.nh.gov or Capt. Tim Dunleavy at timothy.dunleavy@dos.nh.gov.

We look forward to seeing your entries and thank you for your participation!

Safe Boating and Good Luck!!

Tim Dunleavy
Capt. Marine Patrol
Marine Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Marine Patrol For This Useful Post:
AC2717 (06-15-2016), Barney Bear (06-15-2016), BroadHopper (06-18-2016), DRH (06-15-2016), Fargo (06-15-2016), Gatto Nero (06-21-2016), Just Sold (06-15-2016), LucyLou (06-28-2016), Peachy-Keen (06-15-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

This is a wonderful idea. I don't have the photos, but I think of Dave Barrett, Brad Bryant, and "Papy" when it was the PUC preceding Marine Patrol. We need to consider that we're talking about state Marine Patrol,. not just Lake Winnipesaukee.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:08 PM   #3
Phantom

Kudo's to the Marine Patrol for reaching out to the Community and further for recognizing the power of the Winni.com Forum !!

Old 06-14-2016, 11:11 PM   #4
Winopt

Great concept! I'm going to go through photos and get some submitted. Thanks for the opportunity.
Winopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:24 AM   #5
Just Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondguy View Post
Something from Sunset Bob would be nice to see on the wall.
I second that idea.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2016, 07:51 AM   #6
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Sunset Bob

I have ask Anne Morrell, 'Sunset Bob' widow, if she is willing to donate one of his photos. I would like to make a plaque in his honor for his contribution and efforts to safe boating on Winnipesaukee over the years. Anyone would like to donate for this project?
Thanks!