Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2021, 07:28 PM   #1
SailinAway

Default Report on Plymouth vaccination site + question

I was vaccinated at the Plymouth National Guard armory today. It was outdoors. People were very nice, but the wait time was 1 hr. That seems longer than what others have reported here about other sites, so not sure I recommend Plymouth. They seemed short staffed---about 3 people vaccinating 100 cars?

QUESTION: I received a card with an appointment for my 2nd dose. When I got home I received an email saying "Your appointment has been canceled. Please reschedule." I went online and apparently it was today's appointment that was canceled. BUT: My appointment for the 2nd dose doesn't appear on the list of appointments. Any idea why not? Thank you!
Old 03-30-2021, 08:08 PM   #2
8gv

Call 211, there will be a wait for a rep. but they will help you get this resolved.

I wonder if the site that vaccinated you found themselves short of help and tried to reduce demand on that day.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:19 PM   #3
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
I was vaccinated at the Plymouth National Guard armory today. It was outdoors. People were very nice, but the wait time was 1 hr. That seems longer than what others have reported here about other sites, so not sure I recommend Plymouth. They seemed short staffed---about 3 people vaccinating 100 cars?

QUESTION: I received a card with an appointment for my 2nd dose. When I got home I received an email saying "Your appointment has been canceled. Please reschedule." I went online and apparently it was today's appointment that was canceled. BUT: My appointment for the 2nd dose doesn't appear on the list of appointments. Any idea why not? Thank you!
We had no problems when we were there....very efficient....but they weren’t vaccinating cars. 😂
Old 03-31-2021, 05:00 AM   #4
jeffk

When I went, the whole time, including the 15 minute post shot wait, was about an hour. I consider that pretty good and why shuffle things up to save a half hour or less? Bring a book or magazine.

As to the "scheduled" appointment, there has been a shuffling of the scheduling system between the federal VAMS system and NH's VINI. When I got my shot 3 weeks ago, it seemed clear that they were already moving away from the VAMS system. Yet, I still got emails and texts from VAMS asking me to schedule my 2nd appointment. At my first shot, they gave me a card with my second shot scheduled. I don't know if that info will show up in VINI?

The gist of this is that the system has been evolving and you may be looking in the wrong place to see the schedule for the second shot. If you are concerned, I echo the idea of calling 211.

Personally, I have good confidence that the appointment card I got is correct and will go to Plymouth next Wednesday.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:01 AM   #5
magicrobotmonkey

I'm headed there for an 8:30 appointment tomorrow morning, hopefully it's early enough so the waits not too bad, but an hours easily worth it imho!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2021, 02:20 PM   #6
boat_guy64

Default Plymouth

I had both of my shots at Plymouth. They did a great job. The first one, early afternoon was a 10 minute wait, got the shot and waited my 15 minutes.
The second shot was at 6:10 on a Friday night, I had a one hour wait until I got to the shot area. Seems that they got inundated by 211. It was late on a Friday and they were backed up. All in all, not a big deal.
My wife signed up last Monday and had shot #1 the same day. She was one of the early appts and had no wait at all. Lots of volunteers doing a really good job and the National Guard is there every day supporting all the efforts.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:25 AM   #7
magicrobotmonkey

Pulled in at 8:25, needle in my arm at 8:30, on the road at 8:45. Great work by the team, even in the rain!
Old 04-01-2021, 09:49 PM   #8
SailinAway

I'm concluding that noon is not a good time to go. Hence I want to reschedule for early in the morning. The VINI website won't take my VAMS password---do you have to sign up on VINI if you were already registered on VAMS? VINI also won't send me a password reset. I mean, it said it was going to, but it didn't.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:37 AM   #9
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
I'm concluding that noon is not a good time to go. Hence I want to reschedule for early in the morning. The VINI website won't take my VAMS password---do you have to sign up on VINI if you were already registered on VAMS? VINI also won't send me a password reset. I mean, it said it was going to, but it didn't.
I'm pretty sure that you have to go through the registration process all over again with VINI. The password reset doesn't work because VINI doesn't know who you are until you register. (Some sites will tell you they don't find your email. Others just fail without warning because they don't have your email.)

Further, it is not clear that VINI is certain to have your scheduled 2nd shot entered, available to be changed. It might. It might not.

In addition, there is no guarantee that VINI will allow you to schedule earlier in that day or even anytime soon.

It seems you are spending more time trying to adjust your appointment than you will lose even if there is some delay when you show up.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:51 AM   #10
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicrobotmonkey View Post
Pulled in at 8:25, needle in my arm at 8:30, on the road at 8:45. Great work by the team, even in the rain!
Where was that?
Old 04-03-2021, 10:02 PM   #11
SailinAway

OK, I reregistered on VINI. It has no record of my scheduled 2nd dose and won't bring up a list of sites and appointments. Anyone else having problems with VINI?
Old 04-07-2021, 01:08 PM   #12
jeffk

I got my second shot today (at Plymouth) per the appointment specified on the card from my first shot. Total time from arrival at Plymouth to leaving was 1 hour 40 minutes. Prior to arriving I did NOT sign up on VINI or call 211 or do anything else. I presented my Driver's license as ID when asked and that was it. When I got the shot, I gave them my vaccine record card they gave me the first time and they added the information for the second shot.

The traffic pattern has changed since 4 weeks ago. You CANNOT enter at the Armory drive. You have to go several blocks toward downtown and enter on a side street. There are signs to direct you. You wander through a couple streets, including in and out of a couple parking lots (to make the line longer to accommodate all the cars). They check you in (Driver's license as ID) as you approach the Armory building. When you get to the end, they pulled 4 cars into one of two lines, asked if it was my first or second shot, asked for my vaccine record card, asked if I had any problems with my first shot, administered the shot, and updated my vaccine record. Then you pull into a parking spot and wait 15 minutes.

There were people directing traffic at most places. The parking lot circle (twice) was a bit weird until you realize why they were doing it. Once you find the entry point for the beginning of the line, just follow the car ahead of you.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:12 PM   #13
mswlogo

Just got J&J at CVS MA Today.

Total wait 5 min for me. 2 min for my wife.
Each of us had to wait 15 after but could walk around store while waiting.

Done, no more shots.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:27 PM   #14
NHskier

We got our second shots yesterday at Plymouth as well, 5:20 appointment. 10 minutes in initial line, 10 minutes in second stage of line where we got shots, and 15 minute safety period post-shot, so about 35 minutes in total. Very efficient.

NHskier
Old 08-09-2021, 02:55 PM   #15
fatlazyless

Hey APS ........ for anyone not vaccinated yet and looking to follow the January vaccination lead of their ex-president ..... http://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/01/us...s-vaccine.html ...... the CVS-Pharmacy in Plymouth has the Pfizer two-shot vaccinations, spaced three weeks apart ....... price-no charge .....the federal government pays for your vaccination .....and you get a vaccination card that shows the two dates.

It needs about a 30-minute waiting time while the CVS-Pharmacy employee defrost the Pfizer vaccine and prepare your vaccination syringe. ..... ..... and you too can keep it a total secret so no one will actually know that you too got the vaccination, in secret. ..... your deep vaccination secret ....only you will know. .....

Like sure ...... you better believe I got vaccinated except that is my private business ......and nobody needs to know about it. .... ... #45.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:15 PM   #16
ApS

Arrow In My Opinion...

Thank you for your concern, but I received my J&J shot during the same month it arrived in my Florida county—and mentioned that fact here.

One month after my $120 Shingrex vaccination, Walgreens took care of the entire COVID-19 process in 20 minutes last May, and handed me documentation. I brought a magazine to while-away the waiting period.

Your link to the NYTs hits a paywall. Does the article deal with politics?

Know that I look for articles that have objectivity, balance—and last but not least—the truth. Among all the MSM, the NYTs omits what it deems you don't need to know; however, I do read their archived accounts of both World Wars and the U.S. Civil War with great interest.

But, as the New York Post reports:

Quote:
...stories were based on anonymous, unidentifiable sources, but had become deeply enmeshed in the public consciousness. Both confirmed the assumptions of the nation’s left-leaning media and academic elite, while damaging their political enemies. And both were driven by The New York Times, where malicious misreporting has been the practice...https://nypost.com/2021/05/08/how-th...sed-narrative/
(I receive news updates several times a day from the New York Post, which doesn't need five writers to get the article the way they want it).
Old 08-09-2021, 07:01 PM   #17
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
But, as the New York Post reports:

(I receive news updates several times a day from the New York Post, which doesn't need five writers to get the article the way they want it).
Asking the NY Post to opine on the NY Times is a bit like asking your local football friend who almost got a tryout with the Pats to opine on Tom Brady. Tom may have some flaws, but let's face it, he's on another level than your buddy down the street.

Also, maybe you did not read carefully enough before you linked? The Post did NOT report that the Times practiced malicious journalism. It reported that a guy with basically no credentials or other track record had that opinion. Follow the link--it's kind of a joke
Old 08-12-2021, 05:21 PM   #18
ApS

Arrow When The Fourth Estate Evolved Into A Domestic-Enemy State...

The NY Post, who provide hourly news-print, had the opportunity to review a new book regarding The New York Times.

We should expect something highly favorable in a book review?

When does NYT's award-winning reporter Walter Duranty get to be "disappeared down the memory hole?" Duranty's doing the bidding of J.S. did the world no favors--far worse than Covid-19!

We can't even make reference to "that place over there", nor to the city that undoubtedly released a bio-weapon developed "over there". (With U.S. help!)

Instead of our aged and aging, will next year's virus be targeted at the military-aged?

How often has the NYTs referenced the FOIA memos (just recently forced out into the open) that tie the development of "Gain of Function" pandemic to U.S. funds granted to "that place over there" by Dr. Fauci?

Some Governors have banned other, cheaper, treatments to allay Covid-19. Have they received under-the-table funds from Big Pharma or "that place over there"?

Just how clever have our enemies become to wound our lives so thoroughly?

I submit this damage occurred with the help of the NYTs and the rest of the MSM.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:00 AM   #19
fatlazyless

Did you know that New Hampshire has a mobile vaccination van, a Ford van with a trailer hitch and purple, blue & green vinyl designer message graphics, and a team of four or five people that travels to different NH locations ..... www.vnews.com/Mobile-vaccine-van-41744481 ...... with enough demand to visit different spots across the state that a second van will soon be hitting that NH corona-virus victory road ..... to roll out the vaccination shots .... and stop the virus.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 08-15-2021 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #20
ApS

Question Cheaper to Bribe with "Scratch-Offs"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Did you know that New Hampshire has a mobile vaccination van, a Ford van with a trailer hitch and purple, blue & green vinyl designer message graphics, that travels to different NH locations ..... www.vnews.com/Mobile-vaccine-van-41744481 ...... with enough demand to visit different spots across the state that a second van will soon be hitting that NH corona-virus victory road ..... to roll out the vaccination shots .... and stop the virus.
Will the vans be traveling to Coös County—where there ain't nobody?

Will this bring out the vaccine-hesitant, or frighten them away even worse?

Or, is this due to a lack of motivation during a prolonged period of self-isolation—paid by the Feds to sit around—no available cars—or a lay-about condition one finds among pot-users (or pot-abusers).
Old 08-14-2021, 09:04 PM   #21
John Mercier

Coos has a higher vaccinated rate than Hillsborough, Belknap, or Strafford.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
ApS (08-26-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 05:11 AM   #22
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Coos has a higher vaccinated rate than Hillsborough, Belknap, or Strafford.
Don't Hillsborough, Belknap, and Strafford counties have crowds of people?

Coös has a few that are easy to count.
Old 08-18-2021, 08:35 AM   #23
Paugus Bay Resident

^^^ Really? Of course Coos has less people - duh. A higher percentage of their population is vacinated. What's your point?
Old 08-22-2021, 03:23 PM   #24
ApS

Default Best Use Of State Funds?

No real point other than a state-sponsored vaccination van would be best utilized in crowded counties, where the van's healthcare workers can wait outside a gas station to vaccinate a ready stream of the willing. (As they get up off their couches).

Coös County--with a lower occurrence of Covid--not so much.

Old 08-22-2021, 04:17 PM   #25
John Mercier

And since we pointed out the Coos has a greater percentage of residents that are already vaccinated... even fewer.

The vans will go where crowds with higher percentage of those that have not been vaccinated exist.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
DotRat (08-22-2021)