Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2018, 07:55 AM   #1
betterthanbacon

Default charter fishing for 5-6 people

I am looking to take my staff/employees on a day charter fishing trip and thinking a fresh water excursion would be fun. Wondering if anyone has any input on a charter on Lake Winnipesaukee that can accommodate 5 maybe 6 people? Also the best time of year to go out? Late July would be my pick as I could call it a summer outing, but guessing the fishing would not be at its best that time of year.
Thank you in advance for ant input.
Jake
betterthanbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:16 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanbacon View Post
I am looking to take my staff/employees on a day charter fishing trip and thinking a fresh water excursion would be fun. Wondering if anyone has any input on a charter on Lake Winnipesaukee that can accommodate 5 maybe 6 people? Also the best time of year to go out? Late July would be my pick as I could call it a summer outing, but guessing the fishing would not be at its best that time of year.
Thank you in advance for ant input.
Jake
5-6 people would be an awful lot in one boat. Since you can put two rods out per person it would be nearly impossible to run 10 or 12 lines out. You would definitely want to do 2 boats and split the people up.

I would contact Glen Leathers of Island Fishing Charters @ 603-493-7559. He could set you up with two guides and two boats or he may know a way of fitting you all in one charter. Give him a call he's a great guy...

By the way, late July is a great time to go!!

Good Luck!

Dan
Old 03-31-2018, 11:50 AM   #3
betterthanbacon

Dan,
Thanks for your input. I was guessing that 5-6 per boat may be to many for a lake excursion but didnt know if there were any outfitters out there that could accommodate. Great idea of using two boats. I will give Glenn a call and see what he has to offer.
Cheers
Old 03-31-2018, 01:40 PM   #4
WINNIPESAUKEEBOB

Default Can help you with your Charter

Hi;

Saw your post.... I have a 25' PREMIER TRITOON Hard-top with a 300 hp Evenirude (speeds up to 45mph). I own a condo with a dock on the water at Weirs Beach, Laconia. I have over 50 years experience on the lake... snorkling, scuba diving, and fishing. I have underwater viewing camera, 2 live bait wells, 4 reclining swivel chairs, boat will hold over 13 people....that solves the problem of hiring 2 boats. I am not a charter captain, so I will be happy to show you and your party a great trip and do whatever "YOU" want, for as long as you want. I will leave it up to you as to how much you think the trip was worth (DONATION).. I can even do a "Shore-line FISH-FRY"at my Condo. You are welcome to come up the lake and visit to check me out anytime.

Call me....Winnipesakeebob @ 617-678-1018
Attached Images

Last edited by WINNIPESAUKEEBOB; 04-01-2018 at 11:07 AM.
WINNIPESAUKEEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:31 AM   #5
WINNIPESAUKEEBOB

Default Nice Rainbows/Salmon in the Weirs Beach channel

Hi;

My buddy made a trip up to the lake yesterday(4/1/18), and ...Wow! there were over 20 guys fishing the Weirs channel. Everyone was hooking up with some real nice Rainbow trout 17-18", 2 to 3 pounds. My buddy caught 5 trout and 1 salmon. ...pretty good day....... I'm planning to go up tomorrow..... By the way, he released all the fish.

Winnipesaukee Bob
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #6
betterthanbacon

Hey Winnibob,
That sounds like a fun time for your buddy.
Thanks for the offer on taking us out on your tritoon. I was actually looking for something geared directly to fishing as my whole crew likes to fish. I do like the thought of being able to keep everyone together on one boat.
I have a 22' bowrider that I will be valeting over at WAM this summer and was fortunate to get a summer rental in a condo near by. I have spent many hours on Sunapee and Lake George NY but Lake Winni will be new for me this year. I am really excited to learn the big lake.
As far as our staff trip, your offer gives me an option that has my interest. Maybe take them all out fishing on salt water where there are bigger boats available and at another time take you up on your offer, which will give us a fun day on the lake. That way I dont have to be the one completely in charge. (gives the boss a break) if you know what I mean.
I have your # and will put some thought into your offer and give you a call.
By the way. Is that you in the picture behind the controls, that you posted?
Thanks again,
Jake
Old 04-02-2018, 03:51 PM   #7
WINNIPESAUKEEBOB

Default Fishing rather than anything else

Jake:

Just to set the record straight....I , too, would rather fish than anything else...I just suggested some of the other stuff just in case you might be interested. I am, the best Bass fisherman on the lake, I Never get "blanked", and I have placed in the top 10 every year in the Winni Salmon derby for the last 10 years.

As far as learning about the lake.....I have the book " Smile of the great spirit", which is what "Winnipesaukee" means. And, after , over 50 years on the lake, I can tell you all the details about the lake, going waaaaayyyyy back.

Yes that's me in the Capt's chair,

Well, if you're interested, just call me, and I can give you more specifics.

WINNI BOB
Old 04-03-2018, 11:33 AM   #8
NH Bass Guides

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNIPESAUKEEBOB View Post
Hi;

Saw your post.... I have a 25' PREMIER TRITOON Hard-top with a 300 hp Evenirude (speeds up to 45mph). I own a condo with a dock on the water at Weirs Beach, Laconia. I have over 50 years experience on the lake... snorkling, scuba diving, and fishing. I have underwater viewing camera, 2 live bait wells, 4 reclining swivel chairs, boat will hold over 13 people....that solves the problem of hiring 2 boats. I am not a charter captain, so I will be happy to show you and your party a great trip and do whatever "YOU" want, for as long as you want. I will leave it up to you as to how much you think the trip was worth (DONATION).. I can even do a "Shore-line FISH-FRY"at my Condo. You are welcome to come up the lake and visit to check me out anytime.

Call me....Winnipesakeebob @ 617-678-1018

Winni Bob, while you intention to help these folks out is great, what you are proposing is illegal. You can't take people out like that without being a licensed NH Fishing Guide.
NH Bass Guides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #9
DEJ

How about if they give a donation vs: a charged fee as Bob suggested? Would that be legal?
DEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:23 PM   #10
Hillcountry

Geeze...I would think you could take a group of people fishing on a one time basis and have them chip in for fuel...?? It would certainly be different if you were running a fishing “service” and advertising as such. Gray area abounds...
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:33 PM   #11
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Geeze...I would think you could take a group of people fishing on a one time basis and have them chip in for fuel...?? It would certainly be different if you were running a fishing “service” and advertising as such. Gray area abounds...
I agree. You can take "friends" out on your boat and they certain can buy the fuel, food ect. 1 million ways to skin a cat on a on time event where forum members are just trying to help each other.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote