Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-05-2005, 11:55 AM   #1
On The Edge

Lightbulb Bees in unfinished soffit area

Hi All

Unfortunately I wasn't able to finish the soffit area of a new home and wouldn't you know some Bees have claimed that area for their own. This is a double roof system so there is insulation stapping and then plywood. I can only see them fly between the insulation and plywood so they are hidden and I don't know how far up the roof they have gone? I tried to spray the area with shoo-fly and only got it back in my face. The spot where they are is about 12 feet off the ground which means I would have to get on a ladder to accomplish this. Any Ideas??? Please!!!!

Thanx OTE
On The Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
Boater

Since no one has answered you I'll give it a shot. I've had bee problems almost every year. The spray products available at any hardware store have worked well. They spray a thin line of foam for at least 15 feet allowing you to be far away from the bees when you spray. If your roof is 12 feet up the spray foam will reach it easily. Hopefully you'll be able to stand back some so the foam doesn't drip down on you. Saturate the hive or area that they are entering in. The bees will drag the foam in and out and it should send them all to bee heaven.

Hope this helps some.
Boater is offline   Reply With Quote