Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-15-2021, 09:48 AM   #1
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
DRAMA, Drama, drama,,, Makes for interesting reading is nothing else.
With all due respect, the length of your numerous posts highlights your passion on the topic and is adding more "drama" without really getting at the heart of FLL's point.

There is no good reason for a civilian to wear a gun in the supermarket, and several good reasons--safety, manners, neighborliness--why a person should just keep his gun in his car.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 01:03 PM   #2
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
With all due respect, the length of your numerous posts highlights your passion on the topic and is adding more "drama" without really getting at the heart of FLL's point.

There is no good reason for a civilian to wear a gun in the supermarket, and several good reasons--safety, manners, neighborliness--why a person should just keep his gun in his car.
Re: Drama, you are 100% correct that is the goal as nothing meaningful can come from this thread or needs to come from it as there is no problem! This thread was created as drama, it is about feelings not an actual danger. If your were speaking about handling a gun in a public place such as loading it, or some other such activity it would be a totally different matter. But its not, for all you or anyone knows the guns are not loaded, or functional or even real. It is all speculative. No actual incident has occurred, no harm has been done, this is simply drama about someone feeling uncomfortable. Well I feel uncomfortable about all kinds of things, and I dont seek outright bans on them. I personally feel more threatened by a very large and mean looking dog than anyone with a gun in a holster. You may feel differently and as such I respect your desire to walk any big mean looking dog you choose, but I dont have to like it, just as you dont have to like someone carrying a gun, but should you be attempting to prohibit it,,,

As for "no good reason for a civilian to wear a gun in the supermarket" Sorry but I thought this was America where we dont need to justify every action we take and most things should not be prohibited or restricted unless there was a credible risk to others, which in this case we have clearly established there is virtually ZERO history of incident.

I fully respect your right to opinions and to your concerns, but unless backed up by legitimate data your concerns and opinions should not result in an imposed restriction on others.

Now please understand this is coming from someone who has never carried a weapon openly, will never carry an weapon openly, very rarely has every carried a concealed weapon, and personally does not like seeing open carry. But I will not ever raise my voice against it, as I perceive no legitimate risk from it, and I do not believe I should be able to step on someone else preference to carry openly.

Once you step on any preference for no valid reason, you open the flood gates. That is a proven fact.

Your opinion is clearly different, I only hope you can attempt to see the other side of this matter such as I do, again as someone not thrilled by open carry.

ATB
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post:
subaruliving (07-17-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 01:22 PM   #3
YOLO

Quote:

A gun left in the car is as useful as a condom left in a wrapper. It does you no good when you need protection.

I suggest folks who have an issue with open or concealed carry move to the nanny state to our south. They have a big problem with our Constitution and don't like people defending themselves either.
YOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YOLO For This Useful Post:
Grandpa Redneck (07-15-2021), mhtranger (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 02:00 PM   #4
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO View Post
A gun left in the car is as useful as a condom left in a wrapper. It does you no good when you need protection.

I suggest folks who have an issue with open or concealed carry move to the nanny state to our south. They have a big problem with our Constitution and don't like people defending themselves either.
It's interesting that in 2017 (the first year I saw after a quick Google search) Hawaii, NY, and MA - all with much stricter gun laws than NH - have per capita gun death rates of 3.7 or lower while NH has a per capita gun death rate of 10.4. Alaska, with one of the least restrictive set of gun laws in the country and the highest amount of guns per capita leads the nation in per capita gun deaths.
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 02:10 PM   #5
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
It's interesting that in 2017 (the first year I saw after a quick Google search) Hawaii, NY, and MA - all with much stricter gun laws than NH - have per capita gun death rates of 3.7 or lower while NH has a per capita gun death rate of 10.4. Alaska, with one of the least restrictive set of gun laws in the country and the highest amount of guns per capita leads the nation in per capita gun deaths.
Higher death by gun rates is not a problem if its the right people who are on the receiving end of the barrel, so your post begs the question were these murders, or shootings by law enforcement of citizens defending against criminals???

Posts like that without all the information are grossly misleading and usually manipulated.

Details matter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post:
mhtranger (07-15-2021), subaruliving (07-17-2021)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2021, 03:16 PM   #6
gillygirl

Quote:
Higher death by gun rates is not a problem if its the right people who are on the receiving end of the barrel, so your post begs the question were these murders, or shootings by law enforcement of citizens defending against criminals???

Posts like that without all the information are grossly misleading and usually manipulated.

Details matter.
The most recent data I could quickly find for gun murder rates was from 2010, and showed that MA was at 1.8 per 100,000 people while it was 0.4 for NH.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 07-15-2021, 04:35 PM   #7
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
The most recent data I could quickly find for gun murder rates was from 2010, and showed that MA was at 1.8 per 100,000 people while it was 0.4 for NH.

Was that filtered to exclude police shooting and self-defense deaths?
subaruliving (07-17-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 05:19 PM   #8
gillygirl

Quote:
Was that filtered to exclude police shooting and self-defense deaths?
It didn’t specify.

XCR-700 (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 05:59 PM   #9
John Mercier

Quote:

We don't have to. We just choose not to service you as a customer.

You have no constitutional right to be on another person's property, and no constitutional right to be a customer based on a non-protected classification.

Even if you are under some false sense that you do...
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:26 PM   #10
FlyingScot

Quote:
Agreed! But a person's chances of needing a condom in a supermarket are higher than the chances of needing a gun
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:48 PM   #11
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,215 Posts

Quote:
Agreed! But a person's chances of needing a condom in a supermarket are higher than the chances of needing a gun
Hahahaha!!!
Having spent the whole of my pubescent years at Purity Supreme, I assure you that that's true.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 08:37 PM   #12
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Can somebody please go into the Plymouth MB sporting a hot pink Ruger LCP holstered on a noodle belt? I really want FLL "feel" better about this.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
XCR-700 (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 10:14 PM   #13
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Can somebody please go into the Plymouth MB sporting a hot pink Ruger LCP holstered on a noodle belt? I really want FLL "feel" better about this.
Now THATs funny!
TKD (07-17-2021)