Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2021, 05:56 AM   #1
Garcia

Default Roofing on Bear Island

I am looking for someone to potentially replace three roofs on Bear Island - two cottages and an outbuilding. All are currently shingled. Interested in pricing out both metal and shingles. I have a long relationship with ISC and like them; for this I'm thinking a roofing contractor might be the best way to go.

I want the existing roofs removed. If the work is scheduled for next season, i can plan to transport as needed, but would be easier if the company can get themselves, their equipment, and disposal on and off the island.

Not a rush job, but want to get on someone's schedule as i know many are booking way out.
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:16 AM   #2
codeman671

Depending on the overall condition of the roof- no sags, number of layers existing, etc, you can install metal roofing right over what you have.

We did this last fall on our place on Bear and it looks great. We used Forever Metal Roofing. We provided transportation (pontoon barge only, which you can rent from Sheps if needed). Their crew moves the material, installs and takes any waste with them, which was basically nothing as it is pre-measured and manufactured to fit. In and out in a day. If you truly need removal/disposal of your existing roof you'd have to get someone to handle that part separately.

For asphalt, reach out to Cody at Lake Life. He does them all the time. He is an island contractor and can handle it all. Also Ben at Island Construction.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:37 AM   #3
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
Depending on the overall condition of the roof- no sags, number of layers existing, etc, you can install metal roofing right over what you have.

We did this last fall on our place on Bear and it looks great. We used Forever Metal Roofing. We provided transportation (pontoon barge only, which you can rent from Sheps if needed). Their crew moves the material, installs and takes any waste with them, which was basically nothing as it is pre-measured and manufactured to fit. In and out in a day. If you truly need removal/disposal of your existing roof you'd have to get someone to handle that part separately.

For asphalt, reach out to Cody at Lake Life. He does them all the time. He is an island contractor and can handle it all. Also Ben at Island Construction.
Thanks - good ideas and a great starting point.
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 05:28 PM   #4
boo

Default Island roofs

If you are still looking for quotes, I would be happy to get you some prices. I'm Corey Boucher, Blue Moon Builders out of gilforf..we do handle the transportation on all our projects.
I can be reached hr, or bluemoonbuilders@msn.com or 603-393-5229.
I look forward to hearing from you
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:19 PM   #5
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo View Post
If you are still looking for quotes, I would be happy to get you some prices. I'm Corey Boucher, Blue Moon Builders out of gilforf..we do handle the transportation on all our projects.
I can be reached hr, or bluemoonbuilders@msn.com or 603-393-5229.
I look forward to hearing from you
I used Blue Moon Builders about 8 years ago to shingle a roof on a house. Excellent, on time, good price.

About 4 years ago I used him again and it was a disaster. Poor work, numerous no shows, and he failed to come back and fix problems. And when he was done, I had to hire someone to redo everything he said he did because it leaked.

I don't know what happened to him (I have my suspicions) because he wouldn't return calls.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2021, 08:08 PM   #6
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Winnipesaukee Island Services

My neighbor on Welch did three buildings with Winnipesaukee Island Services. I know the price was 1/3 of what one of the others quoted, but I also know the one I use for other stuff is way backed up and has moved from A+ services to a C. Lots of problems with the electrician subcontractor, so I don't want to say the GC name who we still like. In general, I think these guys are over optimistic about their ability and their staffing and take on too many jobs, thus creating dissatisfaction.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (10-15-2021), DotRat (10-14-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 08:31 AM   #7
Diana

Piper roofing did ours a few years ago. They did it during the off season, had their own transportation, did a great job and were super easy to work with.
Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:08 PM   #8
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Sign of the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
My neighbor on Welch did three buildings with Winnipesaukee Island Services. I know the price was 1/3 of what one of the others quoted, but I also know the one I use for other stuff is way backed up and has moved from A+ services to a C. Lots of problems with the electrician subcontractor, so I don't want to say the GC name who we still like. In general, I think these guys are over optimistic about their ability and their staffing and take on too many jobs, thus creating dissatisfaction.
Over-optimistic is a polite term to use for the current contractors.

I use Piper Roofing. As stated elsewhere, offseason and have their own transportation. They do all kinds of roofs!