Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2018, 02:59 PM   #1
GTO

Default Membership

Has the Moultonboro club sent out their membership forms yet? I have not received mine yet
Old 11-23-2018, 09:14 PM   #2
jeffk

I'm not sure that they are sending renewal forms.

From the MSC website:
"The New Hampshire Snowmobile Association (NHSA) took over the process for all NH club memberships. While our club will still process paper forms, we encourage everyone to use the on-line NHSA portal to renew a MSC membership, or join for the first time."

I renewed my MSC membership on line. You can still make a club donation as part of the on line process. You get your club registration number and can print it immediately.

If you go to the website you can print out the forms and then mail them in if you still want to.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffk For This Useful Post:
GTO (11-24-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #3
Lakegeezer

Default MSC Membership - Alternate Method to Join

The state and NHSA (New Hampshire Snowmobile Association) changed the snowmobile club membership process this year, requiring everyone that joins a club do so through the NHSA web site. While almost 100 MSC members already renewed their MSC club membership so far this year, others have expressed frustration with the process. It is especially frustrating at registration agents, who no longer have a way to let you join a club while registering your sled. You can join via your smartphone while standing there, but the NHSA web site is not very mobile friendly.

The problem is frustrating for members and a financial risk for the club. People that haven't joined a club before showing up to register their sleds are are just paying the $30 higher registration fee at the agent, skipping club membership all-together. The club expects to lose over $1000, maybe as much as $4000 in membership funding, yet operating costs are not going down.

To help members join the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club, the club added a web page moultonborosmc.org/membership-online-form/ to enter your information and submit your membership dues the old way. Then, behind the scenes, volunteers will input your information into NHSA and email you a registration voucher. The vouchers (see example below) are the only way to get the $30/sled discount when registering your snowmobiles. Turn-around time won't be instant, but volunteers will check for new membership email often.

Please try to use the NHSA site to register. You will get the voucher instantly and it will make it easier for the volunteers working behind the scenes. But, if your attempt fails, please feel free to use the alternate method.
Attached Images

GTO (11-24-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
... The problem is frustrating for members and a financial risk for the club. People that haven't joined a club before showing up to register their sleds are are just paying the $30 higher registration fee at the agent, skipping club membership all-together. ...
I guess I don't understand the problem? I never joined the club at the registration agent, I didn't think you could? I had to join the club before I registered and wait for the club paperwork to arrive. Maybe I didn't realize you could join the club at the registration agent.

Anyway, the online process was easy and quick and I printed out my voucher and didn't have to wait for snail mail.

I get that there may be some confusion and impact membership at first but I would think it would settle out once people know what they have to do.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #5
Lakegeezer

Default agent registration

About 30% of the MSC members join the club when they register their sleds at DaSilva, Skelley's or Heath's Hardware. The biggest activity at agents is seen over the year-end holiday and during school vacation week. The "regulars" know to join a club online before going to a registration agent.