Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
dmjr

Default Fairpoint Communications Merger with Consolidated Communications

Has anyone had any issues with the Fair Point and Consolidated Communications Merger?

Last week I called them to request a change in my internet service at my office. They assured me that there would be no interruption in service - but they were wrong! I lost my internet at my office on Wednesday and then my phone lines were not working properly. I called them Friday and explained what happened and they said they would send a tech out on Wednesday.

Just thought I would share this with you all know what you are going to be facing with the merger.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #2
radar4401

Unhappy Fairpoint Merger

As with any change of companies, there is always a transition period where there will be bumps in the road. I remember problems when Verizon sold to Fairpoint and there were big problems. Anytime you make changes during the transition period, you are likely to see problems. Looks like you got caught up in the change. Hope that's not an indication of the future.
radar4401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar4401 View Post
As with any change of companies, there is always a transition period where there will be bumps in the road. I remember problems when Verizon sold to Fairpoint and there were big problems. Anytime you make changes during the transition period, you are likely to see problems. Looks like you got caught up in the change. Hope that's not an indication of the future.

When Fairpoint took over from Verizon I can remember it was a complete disaster. A lot of the blame for those problems go to Verizon as they allowed their systems in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont to deteriorate over the years as they were far more interested in taking care of MA, RI, and CT.

I'm confident Fairpoint never finished solving all the issues.

TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #4
dmjr

Update: I spent over 2 hours on the phone with them this morning. They said they would have a tech show up today. I then get an automated call that they cancelled my appointment, which I never had one to begin with!