Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2022, 07:18 AM   #1
feb

Default Aluminum (Non-Raisable) Seasonal Dock Brands

Does anyone have comments, good or bad, on aluminum, sectional docks from the Dock Doctors out of Vermont?

I'm still old school with wooden, 4x8 sections, and sledgehammering galvanized pipes into the lakebed. Got the kids to do it this year but the sections are old and tired like me.

Thinking of replacing with a similar setup but with aluminum frames, removable decking and footpads so no more hammering pipes into the lakebed.

I like the medium strength version of the Dock Doctors and curious if anyone has used them or if the more popular choice is Shoremaster or FMW.

Thank you.
feb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 04:28 PM   #2
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by feb View Post
Does anyone have comments, good or bad, on aluminum, sectional docks from the Dock Doctors out of Vermont?

I'm still old school with wooden, 4x8 sections, and sledgehammering galvanized pipes into the lakebed. Got the kids to do it this year but the sections are old and tired like me.

Thinking of replacing with a similar setup but with aluminum frames, removable decking and footpads so no more hammering pipes into the lakebed.

I like the medium strength version of the Dock Doctors and curious if anyone has used them or if the more popular choice is Shoremaster or FMW.

Thank you.
So I have no experience with Dock Doctors, residential options, but they have done a tremendous amount of commercial work around Lake Champlain, and it is all very top notch. If I should decided to go aluminum on my next go around they are likely who I would go with....

I have neighbors with both Shoremaster and FMW, they seem to do well....But as I recall where actually more expensive then the Dock Doctors.... But have the advantage of local sales locations....

There is also Great Northern Dock out of main, who make a nice product.
Old 05-02-2022, 04:38 PM   #3
winni83

I have some limited experience with Dock Doctors. I bought 8 dock post bumpers from them several years ago. The product was very well made and has proved durable. Once adjusted the yearly installation and removal is simple. One 3/4 inch bolt to the dock post. Customer service was excellent.
winni83 is offline   Reply With Quote