Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Outdoor Recreation
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2021, 05:48 PM   #1
fatlazyless

Arrow 9' x 6' floating raft mat

Noticed the Plymouth Walmart has a new item in their seasonal water swim area, today, that looks like a good new item.

For $164.88 it is a 6' x 9' x 1 1/2" floating mat capable to hold 4-6 adults. It weighs about 20-lbs and has two holes with grommets that can be used for tying it to an anchor on the lake floor, or else for towing with a line from a boat moving slowly.

Color: light blue on one side, light yellow on other side.

Is like a portable raft that moves with the waves. It comes rolled up with two straps. Walmart has 12-floating mats for sale at Plymouth store.

Is made out of three layers of high density foam, somewhat like a swimmer's noodle that's been remade into a floating, flexible mat and looks like FABULOUS fun out there on a sunny day with moderate wind and waves! .......
Old 04-20-2021, 05:08 AM   #2
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

You mean something like this? If so, that's a steal. We ended up buying an inflatable version last year because it was 1/2 the cost of foam. (It also stores smaller, so it was a win-win)

https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Dockie.../dp/B012B71WSI

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:42 AM   #3
fatlazyless

Yes, is similar except colors for Walmart item are less bright, a muted yellow and blue.

The BearCam had something like that out on the water last summer to the right of their wood raft, probably to keep motorboats from zipping through their home water territory, or someting.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:41 AM   #4
fatlazyless

This item seems like a limited sales item but anyway, was there yesterday, and it looked like the Plymouth Walmart recently got in 12 more of these 9' x 6' floating mats at $164.88 so's apparently they must be selling. They now have about 15-mats in the middle of the seasonal water sports area.

Anyone here read my earlier post and go take a look-see to that incredible shopping mecca on Tenney Mntn Hgwy in Plymouth?
Old 05-12-2021, 03:30 PM   #5
8gv

While I think those mats would be fun, my covid, um, er, girth enhancement requires one the size of half an acre.

Does anyone sell those?
8gv is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2021, 03:42 PM   #6
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
While I think those mats would be fun, my covid, um, er, girth enhancement requires one the size of half an acre.

Does anyone sell those?
Multiples of the 6x10 we got can be zippered together! 12x10, 18x10...

Old 05-12-2021, 06:24 PM   #7
8gv

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Multiples of the 6x10 we got can be zippered together! 12x10, 18x10...

So you're telling me there's hope!

Ben & Jerry's here I go!
8gv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:25 PM   #8
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post

Does anyone sell those?
How to get physically fit during the pandemic or for anytime?

Spend about sixty dollars on a 6.5-lb Health Hoops weighted hula hoop with large knobs on the inside, somewhat similar to a reverse circular saw blade. Use it four times/week for about twenty-thirty minutes accompanied by fast, loud, work-out music and you should lose weight, get thinner, eliminate lower back issues, increase mid-body strength, stomach, abs, and core strength. 20-minutes is a very tough hula-hoop workout, at first.

It looks a wee bit odd when using it but so what. .... .... looks like hula-hooping with a large, wide, heavy hula hoop.

Go to Amazon or Ebay and enter 'Health Hoop Korean' and it will add 25-years to your life ......... guaranteed ..... ..... plus it makes it much easier to go for long walks or hikes while carrying a 10-15-lb day pack.

Now, back to those $164.88 floating water mats .... ..... before this thread gets locked up! .... ..... is good for using the water mats as well. ....
Old 05-12-2021, 08:26 PM   #9
4 for Boating

Default Special?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
How to get physically fit during the pandemic or for anytime?

Spend about sixty dollars on a 6.5-lb Health Hoops weighted hula hoop with large knobs on the inside, somewhat similar to a reverse circular saw blade. Use it four times/week for about twenty-thirty minutes accompanied by fast, loud, work-out music and you should lose weight, get thinner, eliminate lower back issues, increase mid-body strength, stomach, abs, and core strength. 20-minutes is a very tough hula-hoop workout, at first.

It looks a wee bit odd when using it but so what. .... .... looks like hula-hooping with a large, wide, heavy hula hoop.

Go to Amazon or Ebay and enter 'Health Hoop Korean' and it will add 25-years to your life ......... guaranteed ..... ..... plus it makes it much easier to go for long walks or hikes while carrying a 10-15-lb day pack.

Now, back to those $164.88 floating water mats .... ..... before this thread gets locked up! .... ..... is good for using the water mats as well. ....
So I look online on the Walmart site and see some of these mats but nothing listed for $164. Is this some sort of in-store special? Wonder if they have some of these at the Gilford store? I read online mixed reviews on these mats but I guess it may be a nice thing to have on the boat when anchored - yielding a way to relax on the water off the boat.
4 for Boating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:11 AM   #10
fatlazyless

Hey ..... as of late Tuesday afternoon .... Plymouth Walmart had about 15 of these mats at $164.88 ......

If you make the trip, suggest you check out the relatively new Market Basket, too.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:13 AM   #11
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Hey ..... as of late Tuesday afternoon .... Plymouth Walmart had about 15 of these mats at $164.88 ......

If you make the trip, suggest you check out the relatively new Market Basket, too.
You ever get a photo or anything? I know some people who might be interested but I'm interested to see exactly what it looks like.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:07 AM   #12
magicrobotmonkey

FWIW I snagged one of these at parafunalia a few years ago and its been worth every penny. The kids accept it as a solid alternative to a sandbar so we can avoid the crowds and make our own sandbar anywhere!
magicrobotmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to magicrobotmonkey For This Useful Post:
Biggd (05-25-2021)