Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 04:21 AM   #1
Reilly

Default Weirs The Beef

Open Fri-29th Can't wait for Super Beef & Home Made Onion rings this year ,Good luck Tommy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reilly For This Useful Post:
pondguy (04-28-2011), wMw (04-27-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Nhbigguy

Absolutley....I cant wait for a super beef .....
Old 04-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
SIKSUKR

And a few snide remarks to the customers.
Meredith lady (04-30-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (04-29-2011)
Old 04-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
And a few snide remarks to the customers.
SIK you must not "get" the owner's humor!
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
jeffatsquam (05-01-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 05:29 AM   #5
Reilly

Default snide remark

Those who give snide remarks, GET Snide Remarks. Grow UP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reilly For This Useful Post:
Charlie T (05-01-2011), pondguy (05-01-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
Irrigation Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
Those who give snide remarks, GET Snide Remarks.
Some who give an honest and not overly negative review get snide remarks too. Do your homework.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
Jmo77011

Default Maybe it's time to...

let it go, already? It was last year, after all. Those who were offended can choose not to visit Weir's the Beef, right?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jmo77011 For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (05-01-2011), Reilly (05-02-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #8
Jonas Pilot

Right on Jmo77O11, I'll never go there.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #9
scubajay1153

Thumbs up Hm?

I get my lunch there often when I work the WB Firehouse and I never have had anything but fast friendly service? Even in street clothes off duty I have had a great meal and interactions and I am glad to hear they are back open!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scubajay1153 For This Useful Post:
Resident 2B (05-01-2011), trfour (05-01-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #10
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot View Post
Right on Jmo77O11, I'll never go there.
SO: JP: What was it that offended you the last time you went to Weirs The Beef...?? Was it the food.......?? NB
Old 05-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #11
Jonas Pilot

I've never been there and am reluctant to go because of what I have heard on this forum. I work hard for my money and the last thing I want is to be treated rudely when I spend my money at a service establishment. I'll trade barbs with anybody but you better know me first before you throw something my way or it will be one and done.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jonas Pilot For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (05-03-2011), Rattlesnake Guy (05-01-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #12
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
I've never been there and am reluctant to go because of what I have heard on this forum. I work hard for my money and the last thing I want is to be treated rudely when I spend my money at a service establishment. I'll trade barbs with anybody but you better know me first before you throw something my way or it will be one and done.
Yup! You are probably way to sensitive to go there! If someone kids you and doesn't know you it will be "one and done". Better stay home so you won't be offended. Makes sense to insult an establishment that you have never been to. Good call!

Tommy is a character, quite amusing, and part of the fabric of Weirs Beach. He is well known to all of the people who live in the area and and a friend of many of the tourists who visit the lake each summer too.

I have had many good meals from Weirs The Beef and they have been more enjoyable when Tommy is working at the restaurant.

Last edited by TiltonBB; 05-01-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Reilly (05-02-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #13
Jonas Pilot

OK. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great summer.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #14
Resident 2B

Quote:
So you post that "I'll never go there", which to most people conveys the message that you have had a bad experience, then you tell us you have never been there!

What was the reason for your post saying "I'll never go there" when you have never even been there once? Seems a bit unfair to me.

The people that own and run these places do it as a business. Most have a significant part of their life savings or personal wealth invested in these businesses. All business owners deserve better than having a negaitive comment posted by someone that has never even been a customer.

I am a customer of Weirs the Beef and I enjoy the food and the humor.

R2B
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Resident 2B For This Useful Post:
Reilly (05-02-2011), TiltonBB (05-02-2011), trfour (05-01-2011), Waterbaby (05-13-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 AM   #15
Irrigation Guy

I hate to bring it back up but to avoid confusion or for those with a short memory the following thread is likely the cause of some choosing to do business elsewhere. Myself included.

I went there gave a fair and impartial review, some good some not as good but certainly not worthy of the response I eventually received. Some here let their friendship help them justify what was a less than appropriate response by the owners on a forum such as this.

Thank you to those who saw it like I did, which was basically a personal attack.

You can read the results of my review here:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=9983

My review is post 23, then the response at #39 and downhill from there.

I guess everyone handles this differently: Just think how the Noonans would have handled it?
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #16
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts
Default Great food. Nothing to complain about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalRealtor View Post
I hate to bring it back up but to avoid confusion or for those with a short memory the following thread is likely the cause of some choosing to do business elsewhere. Myself included.

I went there gave a fair and impartial review, some good some not as good but certainly not worthy of the response I eventually received. Some here let their friendship help them justify what was a less than appropriate response by the owners on a forum such as this.

Thank you to those who saw it like I did, which was basically a personal attack.

You can read the results of my review here:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=9983

My review is post 23, then the response at #39 and downhill from there.

I guess everyone handles this differently: Just think how the Noonans would have handled it?
Why do we care how the Noonan's would have handled it?

I don't plan on skydiving but I do enjoy roast beef sandwiches.

You thought the responses went downhill?

Wow! I read the posts from last year and I just read them again. I got a good laugh and enjoyed the humor and sarcasm. Offensive? No! Funny? Yes!

Some people are too sensitive!

Weirs the Beef. Great sandwiches, funny owner. No crybabies allowed!

PS. I bet the Noonans have never eaten at Weirs the Beef!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #17
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
PS. I bet the Noonans have never eaten at Weirs the Beef!
Maybe they can do a practice landing to show their accuracy and then have lunch at Weirs the Beef
Old 05-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #18
sa meredith

Default good food

I posted a review last year, saying that it was good, and I'd be back...but that it certainly was not on par with Mass. places such as Harrison's in North Andover, the old Reilly's in Lawrence, and Kelly's in Revere. And people jumped ugly on me, telling me to stay in Ma. Strange.
I went 5/6 times last summer...and it was always good...but not close to the previously mentioned places. This only makes sense, however, as they (the Ma places) have been doing it for decades, and year roud. WTB is new, and seasonal.
With regard to the comments from the owner...I too was horrified when he asked a poster who ordered a small fry, if they needed a loan. And further suggested that they stick with McD's. However, it was quickly pointed out to me this is just the owner's sense of humor, and he meant no ill-will. Fair enough, in my book.
Good place to grab a quick sandwich...especially after rolling out of Gringo's and 2 or 3 Marg's.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #19
GsChinadoll

Everyone has an opinion and it's always right Personally I think Kelly's (any location) is over-rated! The only thing the Revere location has going for it is the beach! The roast beef isn't any better there, than the other MA locations, and this summer I will let you all know my opinion of Weirs The Beef, and I will be right!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #20
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow The Beef with Weirs the Beef

Here is an outline of why some of us will avoid Weirs the Beef:

Weirs The Beef! thread, started 05-24-2010.

Back in June of last year LocalRealtor stated that his super beef was less than super. He also commented that "the french fry quantity was smallish at best."

The owner of Weirs the Beef, tommy mack, responds to LocalRealtor with "when you order a small fry.what size should it be? you need a loan?"

Not too bad. A little good natured-ribbing is showing through, but remember that Tommy Mack is the owner of Weirs the Beef.

jr616 comments that the onion roll had very little flavor, but will give it another try, though he was not optimistic.

tommy mack responds with "wtb cooks their beefs daily..come in and try it again...you must not have brushed your tooth that day....kidden,,come in please."

At least tommy says he is "kidden", but he is still the owner of a business!

LocalRealtor acknowledges tommy mack's wise crack and makes his own. Then points out that tommy mack ignored his comment about the size of the super beef and mentions that the roast beef was cold.

Tommy mack responds with a slam, telling LocalRealtor to go back to mickey dees and that people like LocalRealtor ruin the forum.

After this post, at least eight Forum members remark, not in a positive way, on the surprising responses from this local business owner.
(I especially liked The Phantom Gourmand's post "Maybe we have a Roast Beef Nazi? ( A la Seinfeld)" )

To which tommy mack repsonds with, u guys r easy i knew i could get yous guys going...your easy...........do u want fries with that? and "no beef for you!"

At this point I think... okay, tommy mack is just yanking our chains for a little publicity. Still, it seemed strange behavior for a business owner who needs us to patronize his establishment.

The thread gets back on track. Several Forum members assure us that Tommy is a real character and perhaps his humor doesn't translate well with the written word. Many regulars at WTB and some new patrons give good reviews.

At the beginning of October, tommy mack shows us what a great guy he is when he posts that he is doing a free roast beef sandwich fund raiser with all the proceeds going to a girl at the Loony Bin for cancer treatments.
He makes a mistake by posting Labor Day instead of Columbus Day, along with some grammatical errors, and gets ribbed a bit about that goofs.

Things go south again when tommy responds to the ribbing with, "u know what day i meant........but as usual your petty and useless lives only allow u to pick up on small mistypes and your insecurity comes out in a dumb statement....."

ishoot308 states what a lot of us were thinking and gets thanked for - WOW! For an area business owner you sure know how to alienate people and potential customers!...Not smart in this down economy...

Then jkjoshuatree posts his reaction to tommy mack: "Were You Born A Rude, Inconsiderate, Buffoon...

jkjoshuatree, who still seemed to be offended, posts again: Hmmm....

pondguy makes a funny about jkjoshuatree and says "No beef for Josh"

The owner of Weirs the Beef, tommy mack, quotes pondguy and posts to jkjoshuatree, "come on over woman... "

Then tommy mack quotes jkjoshuatree, slams the Forum and responds with:
"believe me i do not want to be like you woman......im jus trying to make your foolish forum as un credible as it is....u people dont want to promote business ..u just beat stupid issues to death....get a life.....homo"

tommy mack, the owner of Weirs the Beef, sends an e-mail to jkjoshuatree's place of business. jk posts a very edited version for us.

A few Forum members post negatively to tommy's reaction. VtSteve also points out that jkjoshuatree is out of character too.

jkjoshuatree admits that he "got a little carried away."

jk calls Weirs the Beef to talk to the owner, tommy mack. It doesn't go well.

Finally this local business owner stayed mute!

Do you care how this local businessman behaved on this public Forum? Do you think he shot himself in the business?

Lastly and most importantly, will you patronize his business? Rattlesnake Guy and I won't.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
bclaker (05-06-2011), chipj29 (05-04-2011), Jonas Pilot (05-03-2011), Meredith lady (05-05-2011)
Old 05-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #21
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
Those who give snide remarks, GET Snide Remarks. Grow UP
Pretty much sums it up though I think you have the giver and the getter mixed up.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #22
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post

Back in June of last year LocalRealtor stated that his super beef was less than super. He also commented that "the french fry quantity was smallish at best."

The owner of Weirs the Beef, tommy mack, responds to LocalRealtor with "when you order a small fry.what size should it be? you need a loan?"

Not too bad. A little good natured-ribbing is showing through, but remember that Tommy Mack is the owner of Weirs the Beef.

jr616 comments that the onion roll had very little flavor, but will give it another try, though he was not optimistic.

tommy mack responds with "wtb cooks their beefs daily..come in and try it again...you must not have brushed your tooth that day....kidden,,come in please."

LocalRealtor acknowledges tommy mack's wise crack and makes his own. Then points out that tommy mack ignored his comment about the size of the super beef and mentions that the roast beef was cold.

Tommy mack responds with a slam, telling LocalRealtor to go back to mickey dees and that people like LocalRealtor ruin the forum.

After this post, at least eight Forum members remark, not in a positive way, on the surprising responses from this local business owner.
(I especially liked The Phantom Gourmand's post "Maybe we have a Roast Beef Nazi? ( A la Seinfeld)" )

To which tommy mack repsonds with, u guys r easy i knew i could get yous guys going...your easy...........do u want fries with that? and "no beef for you!"

At this point I think... okay, tommy mack is just yanking our chains for a little publicity. Still, it seemed strange behavior for a business owner who needs us to patronize his establishment.

The thread gets back on track. Several Forum members assure us that Tommy is a real character and perhaps his humor doesn't translate well with the written word. Many regulars at WTB and some new patrons give good reviews.

At the beginning of October, tommy mack shows us what a great guy he is when he posts that he is doing a free roast beef sandwich fund raiser with all the proceeds going to a girl at the Loony Bin for cancer treatments.
He makes a mistake by posting Labor Day instead of Columbus Day, along with some grammatical errors, and gets ribbed a bit about that goofs.

Things go south again when tommy responds to the ribbing with, "u know what day i meant........but as usual your petty and useless lives only allow u to pick up on small mistypes and your insecurity comes out in a dumb statement....."

ishoot308 states what a lot of us were thinking and gets thanked for - WOW! For an area business owner you sure know how to alienate people and potential customers!...Not smart in this down economy...

Then jkjoshuatree posts his reaction to tommy mack: "Were You Born A Rude, Inconsiderate, Buffoon...

The owner of Weirs the Beef, tommy mack, quotes pondguy and posts to jkjoshuatree, "come on over woman... "

"believe me i do not want to be like you woman......im jus trying to make your foolish forum as un credible as it is....u people dont want to promote business ..u just beat stupid issues to death....get a life.....homo"

tommy mack, the owner of Weirs the Beef, sends an e-mail to jkjoshuatree's place of business. jk posts a very edited version for us.

A few Forum members post negatively to tommy's reaction. VtSteve also points out that jkjoshuatree is out of character too.

Do you care how this local businessman behaved on this public Forum? Do you think he shot himself in the business?

Lastly and most importantly, will you patronize his business? Rattlesnake Guy and I won't.
Great synopsis except for the staying mute part- IIRC this was right around the day of FF and Don told me he put him on moderation before he got himself in even more trouble with the forumites!!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #23
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Great synopsis except for the staying mute part- IIRC this was right around the day of FF and Don told me he put him on moderation before he got himself in even more trouble with the forumites!!
So a business owner gets muted and the rest of the forum is allowed to talk about him.

IMHO that is totally uncalled for and downright unfair!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #24
SIKSUKR

Nothing unfair about it at all. Read the forum rules. He continued his name calling of forum members. Uncalled for, unproffesional, and not how most owners would treat their potential customers if you ask me.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #25
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
So a business owner gets muted and the rest of the forum is allowed to talk about him.

IMHO that is totally uncalled for and downright unfair!
Moderated means he was restricted from posting for a short period of time, Don has done this with many posters and does so judiciously.

It is his forum and he chooses to keep it non-political, clean and family friendly.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #26
Rusty

Quote:

I'll probably get moderated for this...BUT...your post is totally out of line.

The original poster was telling everyone that Weirs the Beef is "Open Fri-29th Can't wait for Super Beef & Home Made Onion rings this year ,Good luck Tommy" . Now the business owner is getting beatup for something that was said in the past.

Sorry but it just isn't right!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post:
Jmo77011 (05-08-2011), NoBozo (05-03-2011), pondguy (05-03-2011), Reilly (05-04-2011), trfour (05-03-2011)
Old 05-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #27
Rattlesnake Gal

Smile My Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I'll probably get moderated for this...BUT...your post is totally out of line.

The original poster was telling everyone that Weirs the Beef is "Open Fri-29th Can't wait for Super Beef & Home Made Onion rings this year ,Good luck Tommy" . Now the business owner is getting beatup for something that was said in the past.

Sorry but it just isn't right!
Rusty, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree with you about my post. It is my opinion that this information is important to anyone who might consider dining at this establishment. Several people posted links to the the thread that I outlined. I just made it quicker to make sense of it all for those who either were not present or missed it at the time.

If the Webmaster decides that my post should get deleted, I have no problem with that and would respect his decision.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
bclaker (05-06-2011)
Old 05-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #28
Rusty

Quote:
Rusty, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree with you about my post. It is my opinion that this information is important to anyone who might consider dining at this establishment. Several people posted links to the the thread that I outlined. I just made it quicker to make sense of it all for those who either were not present or missed it at the time.

If the Webmaster decides that my post should get deleted, I have no problem with that and would respect his decision.
Thank you RG.

I just think that piling on the way you did was something that wasn't necessary. I knew where to go to read what was said by the business owner.

I think it was foolish for him to say what he did but evidently he doesn't know how to communicate very well. This will hurt him in the long run but I don't think we need to continue to criticize him, especially since he is being moderated. That means we probably won't hear from him again.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #29
RANGER CANOE CO

Default Gee, WTB is kind of like DURGAN PARK BOSTON

World famous for spirited, playfully rude, short tempered waitresses. Get it , It'ssss working. Just Tommy being Tommy.
Reilly (05-04-2011), Rusty (05-03-2011)
Old 05-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #30
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER CANOE CO View Post
World famous for spirited, playfully rude, short tempered waitresses. Get it , It'ssss working. Just Tommy being Tommy.
YUP: Been to Durgin Park a "couple of times" in the last 40 years. The last time we walked out hungry. Didn't have the opportunity to order...so we left.

I wouldn't go back..but that doesn't mean there isn't a market for that type of place. Durgin Park has been there...Forever..so they must be doing something that attracts customers. NB
Old 05-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #31
pondguy

Quote:

Still the best beef around!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #32
SIKSUKR

I don't have a beef with the business. But I wouldn't steer any of my cow orkers that way either. I'll try not to udder any more comments. That said I wouldn't stop myself from eating there unless I herd Tommy stampeeding a customer. How long to you think I can milk this one?
Overlake97 (05-05-2011)
Old 05-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #33
sa meredith

Default opinion

Have to say this...
RG, I posted (post 18) what you did, only in a much more simple/brief way. And, I did it simply to explain to people who may not have known, why there was a touch of "emotion" regarding this place (WTB).
However, I meant no ill-will, and hold no grudge.
I am a big "let by gones be by gones" type guy.
Surprised to see your post, which can only be described as vindictive, and meant to hurt potential business at WTB.
I believe, IMHO, that Tommy Mack simply has an abrasive sense of humor...and is not the "lets all join hands and sing Kum Ba Yah" type, that many forum members are.
He was probably put on moderation, because Don wanted to save Tommy from Tommy. That's all.
Hard to see RG's post as anything other than an attempt to sabotage a business.
We read it, and discussed it last year.
To replay the whole thing in detail???? Unwarrented, and a bit evil. Apology due.
Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
NHBUOY (05-04-2011), Reilly (05-06-2011), tricia1218 (05-06-2011)
Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #34
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
I believe, IMHO, that Tommy Mack simply has an abrasive sense of humor...and is not the "lets all join hands and sing Kum Ba Yah" type, that many forum members are.
So, basically inviting a critic to come duke it out ("come on over woman") and "believe me i do not want to be like you woman......im jus trying to make your foolish forum as un credible as it is....u people dont want to promote business ..u just beat stupid issues to death....get a life.....homo" are just an example of his "abrasive sense of humor?

I think not.

He got unduly personal and confrontational, calling a stranger "woman" and "homo."

Gotta wonder: what is wrong with this guy?

BTW, I too am moderated, which is fine, and most (not all: I sometimes get carried away) of my posts get through.

Tommy, like me, just will have to try harder to play nicely with others.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #35
sa meredith

Default no...

Mr. V...it's simply emotions run umuck...that's all...nothing more, nothing less.
And if you don't think Tommy had a point saying we all just beat stupid issues to death (myself certainly included), then you simply are not participating in the same forum that I am.
I believe I read somewhere (not positive though) that Tommy was a mason, or maybe brick layer. Often, someone of that ilk, is prone to take a confrontation to a physical level, in the heat of the moment...but only in the heat of the moment.
It's like two hockey players squaring off...at the moment they want to hurt each other, but truth be told, they may even be friends. Just heat of the moment.
Look...often times I too get baffled by the "let's be nice, touchy/feely" aspects of this forum. Often people letting those feelings getting in the way of critical/factual thinking.
I state as a recent example the Ward Bird thread. Everyone just so quick to say what a great guy he is...great citizen, does a lot for the community, salt of the earth. Should not be in jail.
And noone (except me and a few others) wanting to say the bigger and more important issue was, did he break the law? Should the law be changed? Is it possible he got emotional, and broke the law.
Never mind the big "group hug"...let's all get along stuff.
Anyway...way off topic now.
Just surprised RG wanted to bring year old negative stuff to the fore. Very surprised.
Noramlly such things are done by jerks like me...not the likes of RG, Pepper, Argie Wife, et al. Out of character, to be sure.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #36
Happy Gourmand

Default My take on it (FWIW)

Free advertising, and more FREE advertising. somewhere out there, Tommy Mack is grinning wide over all the FREE advertising.
As I see it, most of the food reviews of WTB are mostly positive...that's primarily why I go out or get take out for...good food. Great service can sometimes make up for a mediocre meal. Attitude? Big deal.... so the owner has a bit of a warped sense of humor that some can't or don't want to tolerate...for those, don't go there is the simplest solution.
I wonder how many others are like me in that they would never have heard about the place and who are willing to put up with and return some harmless sarcasm?
I have not yet tried WTB...never heard of it before this thread. But it's just a little detour for me when we're up there...and what's better than a great (according to some) roast beef sandwich? I'll be sure to order a large order of fries!!
Free advertising....smile, Tommy !!
Has anybody had the lobster roll at Waldo Pepper's lately??
Old 05-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #37
valhala

Default I have no beef.....

I have been to WTB a few times last season. When in the area, I have found it to be a convenient place to get a nice roast beef sandwhich, and I liked the pepper steak sub. We take it down to the beach and have a picnic.
We have never had any "beef" with Tommy, or his staff. They have always been super friendly. But, everyone makes mistakes and has regrets.
This will not be a popular observation, and I will probably get nailed but, I have had a problem with a forum member who works at local establishment. But, I could never post how this person treated the customer in that instance because I would in turn be thrashed. Hey, no one is perfect.
So, I usually just read the forum for the great information and good things posted by the members.
This is a new year, and to see the whole thing detailed again is unfortunate.
Just my opinion..... Not looking for a fight...
Old 05-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #38
Rattlesnake Gal

Arrow My Post

Quote:
Have to say this...
RG, I posted (post 18) what you did, only in a much more simple/brief way. And, I did it simply to explain to people who may not have known, why there was a touch of "emotion" regarding this place (WTB).
However, I meant no ill-will, and hold no grudge.
I am a big "let by gones be by gones" type guy.
Surprised to see your post, which can only be described as vindictive, and meant to hurt potential business at WTB.
He was probably put on moderation, because Don wanted to save Tommy from Tommy. That's all.
Hard to see RG's post as anything other than an attempt to sabotage a business.
We read it, and discussed it last year.
To replay the whole thing in detail???? Unwarrented, and a bit evil. Apology due.
Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sa meredith, your opinion is your own and your entitled to it. I respectfully disagree with you on many of your points, especially about my being vindictive, and evil.
Those that know me and even those who only know me through my Forum posts know that just isn't true.

I'm all for letting bygones be bygones. If tommy mack had come back and fixed the last damage that he did, I doubt that I would have felt compelled to post the outline in this thread.

It is my opinion that with all the free advertising Weirs the Beef is getting here on the Forum, it's only fair to all Lakes Region businesses that the facts about this local business be known.

I will not post any apology for posting the truth about what happened last year. Prospective patrons should know what they are walking into when venturing into Weirs the Beef.

If you can get past tommy mack’s outrageous behavior… enjoy your roast beef. That is your choice and I have no problem with that.

Last edited by Rattlesnake Gal; 05-04-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: misspelling
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
chipj29 (05-05-2011)
Old 05-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #39
sa meredith

Default don't paint with broad strokes

Ahhhh...careful now, RG...Never said you were evil or vindictive...said the POST was. Clearly, you are not.
Which is why, if you read my subsequent post (3 or 4 post later) I stated that the post was "very much out of character" for you. I never in a million years would suggest you to be a vindicitve or evil person.
My best guess here, is you are stepping out of your comfort zone, because Tommy did battle with one of your Forum friends, who then became a regular friend.
Just a guess.
Again...it was a year ago. Emotions ran high...things got dicey. And then, it went away...as all forum conflics eventually do.
But for some reason, you're not done with it. Fine.
Picket the place if you would like to.

Cute video of the new pup, by the way. I have two cats, and probably treat them a little too much on the "human side", so I get it. Be well...
Old 05-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #40
Shreddy

Quote:
Ahhhh...careful now, RG...Never said you were evil or vindictive...said the POST was. Clearly, you are not.
Which is why, if you read my subsequent post (3 or 4 post later) I stated that the post was "very much out of character" for you. I never in a million years would suggest you to be a vindicitve or evil person.
My best guess here, is you are stepping out of your comfort zone, because Tommy did battle with one of your Forum friends, who then became a regular friend.
Just a guess.
Again...it was a year ago. Emotions ran high...things got dicey. And then, it went away...as all forum conflics eventually do.

Cute video of the new pup, by the way. I have two cats, and probably treat them a little too much on the "human side", so I get it. Be well...
The only reason it went away was because he closed shop for the winter...now he's back and people should know what they're getting into and whether they chose to go or not to go to WTB. I've had bad experiences at businesses, auto and powersports dealers in particular. Just because time goes by doesn't mean I let them get away with how they treated me. I make everyone aware of what they're getting into and that's all localrealtor and RG were trying to do. So, give it a rest SA, you cannot preclude them from their opinion.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #41
SIKSUKR

Default This is getting uncomfortable

My my, what did I start? My first post in this thread was only a humerous jab, hence the smiley. I don' wish ill on anybody's business but I do take exception to unwarrented name calling. I'll leave it at that.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #42
Rattlesnake Gal

Quote:
Just a guess.

sa meredith, you have my apologies for my misunderstanding that you were calling me evil and vindictive. I see it more clearly now it was my post, not me. My mistake - I'm sorry.

You are correct about my being out of my comfort zone with such a controversial post, but I stand by what I said and will not apologize for the truth.
If tommy mack had come back and fixed the last damage that he did, I would not have felt compelled to post in this thread at all.

I promise that you are wrong about my motives for posting. I can honestly say that my being friends with a member that did battle with tommy was absolutely not a factor in why I recapped the old thread.
It was the free advertising without all the facts that bothered me and as far as I am concerned, I have posted what I felt needed posting.

Perhaps I should not have included the closing questions, but I was curious about what other people think about Forum member, tommy mack, and his business practices with the cleverly named Weirs the Beef.

By the way, I was being sincere, not flippant, when I said if you (I meant any person) can get past tommy mack’s outrageous behavior… enjoy your roast beef. That is your choice and I have no problem with that.

Thanks for the compliments about my puppy video. We are having lots of fun and wow, without kids at home, they sure do get humanized.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #43
sa meredith

Default Ok

All good...big smile...the end.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
jkjoshuatree (05-05-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (05-06-2011)
Old 05-05-2011, 04:08 AM   #44
ironhorsetim

Default Shakespeare??

To beef or not to beef...that's the question.
I've eaten there many times and everything else aside, the food is Great

"Always do sober,what you say you'll do drunk,
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"
Ernest Hemmingway
Old 05-06-2011, 01:06 AM   #45
Espo

Default Way to go Tommy

You have the same 5 or so people complaining about you, the same 5 that probably never leave their house. You're food is great and your passionate about it. Also, anyone that is from the area and knows you, knows you're sense of humor. Keep doing what your doing and let them think their opinion has any influence on your business. It doesn't.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Espo For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (05-06-2011), Reilly (05-06-2011), Rusty (05-06-2011), TiltonBB (05-06-2011), tricia1218 (05-09-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 02:52 AM   #46
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
You have the same 5 or so people complaining about you, the same 5 that probably never leave their house. You're food is great and your passionate about it. Also, anyone that is from the area and knows you, knows you're sense of humor. Keep doing what your doing and let them think their opinion has any influence on your business. It doesn't.
OK, sure, so by your logic, next time you go to the doctor it's cool for him to call you a "woman" and a "homo," because he has a "sense of humor."

Got it.

BTW, the issue here is not the food, it is the unprofessional comments of the owner to and about his critics.

I'll probably stop in next time I am at the Weirs, as the sandwich sounds pretty good.

I hope Tommy Mack is in: it would be appropriate to call him a "woman" and a "homo" in front of his customers and staff, to his face.

I have a sense of humor, too, you see ...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. V For This Useful Post:
jkjoshuatree (05-06-2011), Meredith lady (05-09-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (05-06-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 06:38 AM   #47
ronc4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
OK, sure, so by your logic, next time you go to the doctor it's cool for him to call you a "woman" and a "homo," because he has a "sense of humor."

Got it.

BTW, the issue here is not the food, it is the unprofessional comments of the owner to and about his critics.

I'll probably stop in next time I am at the Weirs, as the sandwich sounds pretty good.

I hope Tommy Mack is in: it would be appropriate to call him a "woman" and a "homo" in front of his customers and staff, to his face.

I have a sense of humor, too, you see ...

Mr V could you let us know when you are going to stop in? We can enjoy live entertainment while we indulge ourselves with roast beef sandwhiches...
lawn psycho (05-06-2011), Reilly (05-07-2011)
Old 05-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #48
ironhorsetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post

Knowing him as I do...he'd laugh and ask if you wanted cranberry juice to go with it..

"Always do sober,what you say you'll do drunk,
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"
Ernest Hemmingway
Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #49
sa meredith

Default really

Quote:
...a little strong, no?
Member for 7 months...8 posts...5 taking shots at people?
Saying posters " never leave their house..." Really?
No, don't think so.
As I stated earlier...before it was explained to me the type of guy Tommy is, I thought his posts were inappropriate (mildest way to put it). Taking shots at customers seemed strange...but now I get it. I understand it was meant to be "all in fun" and I'm good with it.
But, people posting honest opinions...long time members, who have credibility...should not be fired upon.
As I stated previously...I like the food...but it is not on par with long time RB joints (Harrinson's, Reilly's, Kelly's)...and was told to stay in Mass. Whatever...
Go easy, Espo...
By the way, while I think it...
You're = you are
your = possessive
You have them flipped/flopped throughout you're (sic) post?
The Following User Says Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
Winnigirl83 (05-08-2011)
Old 05-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #50
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorsetim View Post
Knowing him as I do...he'd laugh and ask if you wanted cranberry juice to go with it..
Cranberry juice?

You gotta be kidney.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #51
Espo

Default new member

It doesn't matter how long I have been a member of the forum I just give my honest opinion. The same people constantly slam places that they have never even been yet they praise Macdonalds. This says to me that they are morons whose opinions do not matter. I would put someone who corrects someone elses grammer on a website post also in that catagory.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #52
vmartino26

Isn't this getting old? Either you like the place or you don't. Either you like the owner or you don't. Either you like the food or you don't. Enough already.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vmartino26 For This Useful Post:
Jmo77011 (05-08-2011), KPW (05-07-2011), Meredith lady (05-09-2011), NHBUOY (05-07-2011), Rattlesnake Guy (05-08-2011), trfour (05-08-2011), Winnisquamguy (05-09-2011)
Old 05-08-2011, 06:23 AM   #53
Rusty

Quote:
It doesn't matter how long I have been a member of the forum I just give my honest opinion. The same people constantly slam places that they have never even been yet they praise Macdonalds. This says to me that they are morons whose opinions do not matter. I would put someone who corrects someone elses grammer on a website post also in that catagory.
Macdonalds”..........McDonald’s
elses”………else’s
grammer”………grammar
catagory”………category

Check Your Spelling (This is in the FAQ posting guidelines)
"Good spelling and grammar are held in high regard on this Forum. Please use a spell checker and reread your message before and after posting."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post:
JanN (05-08-2011), VitaBene (05-08-2011)
Closed Thread