Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
HomeWood

Default Snowmobile Rentals

A friend of mine is going to join me for a week in Moultonborough after the ice fishing derby is over. He wants to do a lot of sledding and I only own one sled.

Is there any business up there that rents sleds for days in a row? We want to pick it up and keep it at the house for 4 days or so and then obviously bring it back.

If no business does it, would anybody be interested in renting theirs? (huge shot in the dark on this one I know. we are both in law enforcement)

He does not need a big sled. Heck, a 340 would be fine. He used to dirt bike, but has never snowmobiled.

Last edited by HomeWood; 09-28-2011 at 11:07 PM.
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:32 AM   #2
Belmont Resident

Default Google it

I have seen places but most are up north. Try googling snowmobile rentals in NH.
Belmont Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:55 AM   #3
winnipiseogee

Good luck but despite trying for a couple years in a row I've never found anyone who will rent a sled unsupervised. If you find something please post it. I'd love to be able to do it!
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #4
dsl35060

You could give profile powersports in conway a try.I think there is also a place in fryeburg maine that rents.
dsl35060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #5
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWood View Post
A friend of mine is going to join me for a week in Moultonborough after the ice fishing derby is over. He wants to do a lot of sledding and I only own one sled.

Is there any business up there that rents sleds for days in a row? We want to pick it up and keep it at the house for 4 days or so and then obviously bring it back.

If no business does it, would anybody be interested in renting theirs? (huge shot in the dark on this one I know. we are both in law enforcement)

He does not need a big sled. Heck, a 340 would be fine. He used to dirt bike, but has never snowmobiled.
Here's a list of rental places in NH. http://www.directorynh.com/NHRecreat...wmobiling.html

Looks like Whittier Sports in West Ossipee might be the closest.

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
HomeWood

Thanks. I will start making some calls.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Thanks. I will start making some calls.
Many places may not be open yet, you may have to wait a month or 2.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #8
nightrider

Default sled rental

Sleds rent for upwards of $200 a day. You may consider purchasing a good used sled then selling it afterward your friend has departed. It will probably be less expensive.
nightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
HomeWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
Sleds rent for upwards of $200 a day. You may consider purchasing a good used sled then selling it afterward your friend has departed. It will probably be less expensive.
Good thought, but he's paying the bill and he's prepared to spend the money. I warned him it could be pricey, but he doesn't really care (he can afford it). I bring up two atv's in addition to my sled.

I sold my second sled on NH craigslist when I came up last February. It was a 95 Formula 670. It ran well, but I was always tinkering with it for some reason. It also was not a friendly trail sled. Great lake sled, but it beat the crud out of you on the trails. Pull start only and ropes would break now and them. Big engine to pull start. The registration fee has gotten to be too much for just a couple weeks worth of use and then, four machines to register. Three machines is too much as it is.

At some point I may look for a simple 340 or 440, air cooled, elec start sled for a second machine. Not in the budget now though.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #10
Belmont Resident

Default I agree

Quote:
Good thought, but he's paying the bill and he's prepared to spend the money. I warned him it could be pricey, but he doesn't really care (he can afford it). I bring up two atv's in addition to my sled.

I sold my second sled on NH craigslist when I came up last February. It was a 95 Formula 670. It ran well, but I was always tinkering with it for some reason. It also was not a friendly trail sled. Great lake sled, but it beat the crud out of you on the trails. Pull start only and ropes would break now and them. Big engine to pull start. The registration fee has gotten to be too much for just a couple weeks worth of use and then, four machines to register. Three machines is too much as it is.

At some point I may look for a simple 340 or 440, air cooled, elec start sled for a second machine. Not in the budget now though.
Those old sleds sure did beat you up. My first new sled was a 96 STX 583.
Not sure if you knew they did come out with a new recoil you could swap over too that reduced the effort to pull it over.
I owned a newer 670HO and that was a great sled but it did not like corners. I tweaked the suspension but still couldn’t keep one ski from lifting in sharp corners.
I then got into long (136) track sleds with a 2001 Renegade, that I owned till 2010.
That was the last ZX chassis sled I owned now they are all REV chassis long track machines.
It’s amazing how much things have changed even in the last 5 years.
A lot of riders do not realize how many adjustments there are on these machines and how they will effect the ride and handling even from the beginning of the day to the end.
I usually make suspension adjustments to our machines for different snow types (dry or wet), depth and trail conditions. Softer in the morning and progressively stiffer as the day goes on and the trails bump up. It makes a big difference on how comfortable you are at the end of the day. Many never take the time to understand their suspension and miss out on how great their sled can be as conditions change.
Belmont Resident is offline   Reply With Quote