Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Question Ski-doo vip demo ride ?????

SKI-DOO VIP DEMO RIDE ?????
BRP EVENT NOT CONNECTED TO SKI-DOO DEALERS??

I have been selected to take part in the Ski-Doo Demo Tour. Has anyone else in the area been selected for the Tour? Coincidently BRP has scheduled part of the Tour right here in Moultonboro in March between the 14th and 18th. I have scheduled my Demo ride for Saturday the 17th at 1:00pm. Has any body at BRP Marketing looked at the chances of good snow cover being around at this time frame?

Now here is where it gets interesting from what details (BRP) I have been able to gather. NONE! I talked to Phyllis at NHSA and they do not have any thing that seems to be From BRP looking for NHSA’s help in coordinating these events at the State level. I have not heard any thing from the Club (Moultonboro SMC) about the Demo Ride.

What I have been told by BRP is this will be a 2 hour session of which 1-1/2 hours will be the "DEMO RIDE" and the other half listing to the merits of the Ski-Doo Brand. Sounds like a "Time Share Offer" meet and greet?

One would think the BRP Marketing would have contacted the local Clubs who’s’ Trails would be involved in such a ride of 1-1/2 hours and especially our Club if it were to be run out of Moultonboro. Logistically where would they be setting up physically set this up in Moultonboro, what Trail access would there be and would the offer to compensate the Clubs for “GROOMING” the trails for “THEIR” event? Do they need state permission to even hold such an event? Where they are going to do a DEMO “RIDE” do they need to “REGISTER” each Sled in New Hampshire? If so they may want to join NHSA to get the discount on the registrations.

The BRP Marketing TEAM will not be back in the office till January 3rd. I have been promised a return phone call as soon as the information is available.

Again if any one else has any information about the DEMO RIDE please let it be known.

WINNOCTURN
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Lakegeezer

Default 2-stroke only

I'm signed up for a demo ride the same day, I think at 11AM. When I was speaking with the agency setting up logistics, I discovered they will not be having any four-stroke machines at the demo. That lowers my interest in showing up by quite a bit. I fired up ol'smoky yesterday and my clothes still smell of 2-stroke oil!

No clue where the demo ride would be.

Last edited by Lakegeezer; 12-27-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Answer question
Lakegeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakegeezer For This Useful Post:
WINNOCTURN (12-27-2011)
Old 12-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Question Where do we show up to for the DEMO RIDE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
I'm signed up for a demo ride the same day, I think at 11AM. When I was speaking with the agency setting up logistics, I discovered they will not be having any four-stroke machines at the demo. That lowers my interest in showing up by quite a bit. I fired up ol'smoky yesterday and my clothes still smell of 2-stroke oil!
geezer,

Did they give you an information as to where they were operating out of?

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 12-27-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
Belmont Resident

Default You would be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post

No clue where the demo ride would be.
I’m not sure what you ride or how old it is but the new Skidoo 2 strokes are nothing like the sleds from even a few years ago. Give it a try you might be pleasantly surprised.
I’ve been riding Skidoo since 96. I don’t consider myself brand loyal but I’ve never considered jumping ship because I’ve never had a reason to.
I only wish I’d gone BRP when I bought my Polaris RZR ATV. The BRP ATV products blow the Polaris ones away in quality and fit & finish.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Question Not concerned about Brands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
I’m not sure what you ride or how old it is but the new Skidoo 2 strokes are nothing like the sleds from even a few years ago. Give it a try you might be pleasantly surprised.
I’ve been riding Skidoo since 96. I don’t consider myself brand loyal but I’ve never considered jumping ship because I’ve never had a reason to.
I only wish I’d gone BRP when I bought my Polaris RZR ATV. The BRP ATV products blow the Polaris ones away in quality and fit & finish.
I am not realy concerned about Brands, I want to know how this event is being organized. Who, What and Where! As of this moment no one has any information where it's being run from in Moultonboro, the Moultonboro SMC or NHSA. As I said in my original post if they ride our trials do they have to REGISTER to ride? One would think there would be some upfront coordination with the Bureau of Trails, NHSA and any Clubs that would maintain trails involved in the DEMO TOUR. A little donation in the Groomer Jar if they wanted the trails groomed for "THEIR" ride would appriciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
HomeWood

The Skidoo 2 stroke E-tec is reported to be the cat's behind!
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
NHTom

They are planning on having 4 different fourstroke machines at the event.

I would think it would go without saying that they can't control the weather. If they waited for snow to schedule the event, there wouldn't be enough notice to get anyone to show up. Like any winter events, they need to schedule it and hope for the best.

NHTom
NHTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
Belmont Resident

Default Ha, ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWood View Post
The Skidoo 2 stroke E-tec is reported to be the cat's behind!
Not having ever ridden a cat except for the time last year when I traded with a Crossfire owner I can’t comment on the brand. Besides that, whole my sled, truck, car, bike brand is one of those things that with age and maturity you tend to grow out of.
However, both the guy owning the Crossfire and his partner owning the Firecat both said the ride and handling on the Backcountry 800 Etc was far better then they had experienced with their machines.
All the manufacturers make good sleds and each sled appeals to a specific type of rider and type of riding they do. No two are the same.
Now one sled I couldn’t even consider is that totally ugly Polaris Rush. The back end looks like my RZRs with all the tubing. Totally unfinished look that’s worse then the original Rev with its beaver tail design.
Me I’ve got to actually like the look of any machine I buy.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #9
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Unhappy Demo ride?

My wife just told me that SKI-DOO called today with the latest plans for the Moultonboro Demo Rides. It appears it has been moved a little further North.

Caribou, Maine, Let's see Gas back and forth, food and probably 1 night's lodging?