Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2022, 09:35 PM   #1
mowtorman

Default Salmon Meadow Cobalt Black Cat Bridge

The same Cobalt 246 did it to me for the second time today. Older man 70s with it appeared his son and grandson in the boat. I was inside the no wake going under Black Cat Bridge at idle speed 50 feet from the bridge. He came in on plane to my right came off plane in time to go under the bridge. I picked up my speed and told him what I thought of him. Blank stare family wouldn't look at me. He nails the throttle 40 feet from the bridge headed for Center Harbor.

I get into Center Harbor. He is waiting for dock space. No apparent emergencies. I congratulated him...let him know what I thought of his driving skills and him personally. Blank stares...no words...from any of them.

Watch for him. He thinks he owns from Black Cat to Center Harbor. Arrogant and entitled thinks the laws and common (uncommon?) courtesy don't apply to him.

Otherwise a beautiful but sometimes bumpy day. Happy Mowtoring.
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mowtorman For This Useful Post:
Boatbottom952 (07-27-2022), DBreskin (07-12-2022), Fritoman (07-16-2022)
Old 07-27-2022, 12:51 PM   #2
Blyblvrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowtorman View Post
The same Cobalt 246 did it to me for the second time today. Older man 70s with it appeared his son and grandson in the boat. I was inside the no wake going under Black Cat Bridge at idle speed 50 feet from the bridge. He came in on plane to my right came off plane in time to go under the bridge. I picked up my speed and told him what I thought of him. Blank stare family wouldn't look at me. He nails the throttle 40 feet from the bridge headed for Center Harbor.

I get into Center Harbor. He is waiting for dock space. No apparent emergencies. I congratulated him...let him know what I thought of his driving skills and him personally. Blank stares...no words...from any of them.

Watch for him. He thinks he owns from Black Cat to Center Harbor. Arrogant and entitled thinks the laws and common (uncommon?) courtesy don't apply to him.

Otherwise a beautiful but sometimes bumpy day. Happy Mowtoring.
Yesterday we were pulling a wakeboarder and they cut right in front of us, within 50ft, from our port so we had the right of way. Exact same description as above. They continued on into Salmon Meadow Cove. We found their dock wrote down their bow numbers and located them on the tax map. I’m gonna let this pass as I don’t want the drama but will report them to Marine Patrol if it happens again. PM me if they cut you off and I’ll share their information. Now I’m going back to enjoying the lake!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Blyblvrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:56 PM   #3
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

We've had a black Wakesetter over near Tecumseh two weeks in a row—no spotter with tubers, coming well within 50' of us, and flying through Smith Cove (off Moultonborough Bay).

There's "illegal," "unsafe," "questionable," and "reckless." This has absolutely been the latter.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 01:58 PM   #4
bigdog

If there are enough complaints about this nut to the Marine Patrol, they'll make a courtesy call to this owner and inform of his reckless behavior.

If complaints continue, MP has the authority to issue tickets with fines, pull his boat license and registration. I think they also have the power to pull his 'auto' license if he's a NH resident.

Be safe out there !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdog For This Useful Post:
wentworthwhitbreadIII (07-28-2022)
Old 07-27-2022, 06:34 PM   #5
tummyman

Report these people to the Marine Patrol. Do not give them a free pass.....they might really hurt someone. "See something, say something". Play it safe for everyone.....
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2022, 06:51 PM   #6
XCR-700

Almost everyone has a phone with a camera these days, and most can do video, so consider getting some footage of the offenders if you can do so safely.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:18 PM   #7
mowtorman

Default Cobalt Mr. Magoo

Thank you BLYBLVRD.

At least Mr. Magoo meant well.

This man is both a menace and dangerous. The day he was in front of me a kayaker was just to his right when he nailed it coming out of the bridge.

If you travel Kona...Salmon Meadow...and Center Harbor you will see him. He reminds me of the silent aviator glasses rifleman in Cool Hand Luke.

He will make a great video...I was so intent on seeing who he was I didn't think of it and the reckless driving was over.
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 06:52 AM   #8
garysanfran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyblvrd View Post
Yesterday we were pulling a wakeboarder and they cut right in front of us, within 50ft, from our port so we had the right of way. Exact same description as above. They continued on into Salmon Meadow Cove. We found their dock wrote down their bow numbers and located them on the tax map. I’m gonna let this pass as I don’t want the drama but will report them to Marine Patrol if it happens again. PM me if they cut you off and I’ll share their information. Now I’m going back to enjoying the lake!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
There's no drama if you report them and request anonymity. Getting this nut on record could prevent future incidents that didn't have safe outcome. There may be enough other reports on the SOB that one more will tip the scales of justice

You know where they are docked. We have a few Forum members that are expert divers. I bet one has a drill that can work under water...
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post:
CubRun (08-01-2022)
Old 07-28-2022, 06:55 AM   #9
garysanfran

Would that area of Salmon Meadow Cove be a good new rafting spot?
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 06:50 PM   #10
Cobaltdeadhead

Just going to set the record straight, that whoever this jerk is in the Cobalt? It's not me!!
Cobaltdeadhead is offline   Reply With Quote