Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #101
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
You should tell that to the hundreds of out of staters that were climbing Mt. Major on Saturday.
Yes, this is a good point, and I would tell it to in-staters as well. One thing that too many people on both sides of the political spectrum have in common is the willingness to forget about the numbers when it suits them. "I have to protest for an important cause" is not much different than "Nobody's going to tell me to stay away from that bike rally", or "But Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday".
Old 11-23-2020, 10:03 AM   #102
Sue Doe-Nym

Hypothetical journey Moultonborough to any town, MA via Everett and 3: the authorities can check EZ pass records, but only to state line as there aren’t any tolls once you’re in MA. Therefore, one could claim a visit to someone in Nashua, for instance. Once you have crossed into MA, however, are we expected to produce a negative COVID result? Will they put up roadblocks for out of state vehicles? Random stops? Sheesh! This is making Marie Callender entrees sound better and better. Seriously...does anyone know what to expect? Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (11-23-2020), pondguy (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 10:06 AM   #103
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Hypothetical journey Moultonborough to any town, MA via Everett and 3: the authorities can check EZ pass records, but only to state line as there aren’t any tolls once you’re in MA. Therefore, one could claim a visit to someone in Nashua, for instance. Once you have crossed into MA, however, are we expected to produce a negative COVID result? Will they put up roadblocks for out of state vehicles? Random stops? Sheesh! This is making Marie Callender entrees sound better and better. Seriously...does anyone know what to expect? Thanks.
You can invite FLL over and you can eat outside like the pilgrims.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #104
Sue Doe-Nym

Gentlemen...? Please stop. Please return to the recent post asking what to expect after crossing the state line. Thank you.. (#106)
��
Old 11-23-2020, 11:02 AM   #105
pondguy

Quote:
I recommend the turkey pot pie. Yum !
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2020, 11:08 AM   #106
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Gentlemen...? Please stop. Please return to the recent post asking what to expect after crossing the state line. Thank you.. (#106)
��
Sorry, friend.

In any case, as someone who lives in NH and works in MA, I've been thinking a lot about my own activities. For example, I was supposed to get my hair cut and grab some egg nog at a local farm where I grew up, but I'm not supposed to.

On the one hand, there's no way to really enforce it and, honestly, it's annoying since I come from a state with lower numbers.

On the other hand, I don't want to be part of the problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Last edited by thinkxingu; 11-24-2020 at 04:51 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:18 AM   #107
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Sorry, friend—just trying to point out what DEJ was doing when he tagged me in a few subsequent posts.

In any case, as someone who lives in NH and works in MA, I've been thinking a lot about my own activities. For example, I was supposed to get my hair cut and grab some egg nog at a local farm where I grew up, but I'm not supposed to.

On the one hand, there's no way to really enforce it and, honestly, it's annoying since I come from a state with lower numbers.

On the other hand, I don't want to be part of the problem.

I hear you....it’s a dilemma, for sure. We are being reasonably careful. We’ll be tested at Huggins today, and drive to MA Thursday if tests are negative. Pain in the derrière, but we feel it’s the least we can do. Happy Thanksgiving to all, wherever you land....even if Marie C is your chef!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
pondguy (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 11:37 AM   #108
thinkxingu

Quote:
I hear you....it’s a dilemma, for sure. We are being reasonably careful. We’ll be tested at Huggins today, and drive to MA Thursday if tests are negative. Pain in the derrière, but we feel it’s the least we can do. Happy Thanksgiving to all, wherever you land....even if Marie C is your chef!
I forgot to add a couple things: because of my recent close contact with students who either tested positive or were close contacts of students who tested positive, I'm to be "rapidly tested" at school tomorrow.

This also means that my in-laws will not be joining us for Thanksgiving, which my wife is terribly disappointed by.

It's definitely a year to find solace in the little things—we baked sugar cookies as a family the other night, which was wonderful.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:57 AM   #109
Mr. V

Quote:
It's unfortunate but the only thing you can do is control your own actions.
Indeed.

While wearing a mask, maintaining social distancing and washing / sanitizing your hands is mildly annoying, none of these actions cut as deeply into our human psyche as does avoiding close contact in our homes or elsewhere with friends and loved ones.

People are by nature social creatures, and being told / forced to not get close to anyone other than members of your immediate household can cause great distress, anxiety and resentment.

Consider this coming Thanksgiving: those who invite friends or family over for dinner, drinks and companionship could be inviting Covid-19 into their homes as well, or if they are asymptomatic carriers they could infect their guests.

While I'd rather not live in fear it is of first priority to me that I continue to live.
ApS (11-26-2020), Flylady (11-27-2020), upthesaukee (11-26-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 12:00 PM   #110
DEJ

Hope your test is negative tomorrow think.
Going to be a different Thanksgiving at the DEJ house this year also, no family, just the two of us. Seems like the responsible thing to do at least for us anyway.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:17 AM   #111
thinkxingu

Fortunately, my test was negative, but it's been kinda crazy these last couple of days with all the new positives in my school and community.

I'm hoping we see a decline in cases soon after the holidays—the summer and early fall were (mostly) tolerable, but November has been stressful.

The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
pondguy (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 11:36 AM   #112
FlyingScot

Quote:
Hi Sue,

You will not see or experience anything different crossing between Mass and NH. There are no police, no checkpoints, or anything like that. Happy trails!
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 03:03 PM   #113
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Hi Sue,

You will not see or experience anything different crossing between Mass and NH. There are no police, no checkpoints, or anything like that. Happy trails!
Is this the same regardless of where you travel in New England? We have a trip planned to an Airbnb in Maine immediately after Christmas (spending two nights in ME). We will leave CT Saturday, 12/26, traveling I95 through MA/NH into ME. We're trying to do the right thing by getting tested beforehand. Thing is, getting the test done within 72 hours of the day we arrive in ME seems problematic. That would require getting tested on Thursday, December 24 (if we even can on that day - Xmas eve) and hoping to get results by Saturday morning before we leave. That seems to be an iffy proposition given (1) all the other people probably trying to get tested then for the same reasons we are and (2) the fact that things could be slower due to holiday staff shortages and shutdowns. Wife says we should get tested on Monday, December 21 (to ensure that we get the tests back) but that wouldn't comply with the 72-hour rule. I guess the fall back would be that we do NOT get tested at all and simply not go anywhere when in Maine (self-quarantine). But sitting around a house isn't why we signed up to go there - - we could do that in CT.

Any suggestions? We want to do the right thing but if we can't do it perfectly, is anyone really checking?
Old 11-26-2020, 04:02 PM   #114
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Hi Sue,

Amazingly easy trip one way....hardly any traffic....just heavy rain. Hope it’s as easy on the return trip. Thanks for your comments, Flying
Old 11-27-2020, 04:35 AM   #115
ApS

Thumbs up Weeks, not Months...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
The virus cannot be stopped until a vaccine is in place and we all take it. Until then, the best that can be done is to try to keep it at bay. The interim question, or course, is "Which is of higher priority: saving lives or saving the economy?"
Vaccine is to get to health workers in a few weeks...

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/ar...eerepublic.com
Old 11-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #116
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
Is this the same regardless of where you travel in New England? We have a trip planned to an Airbnb in Maine immediately after Christmas (spending two nights in ME). We will leave CT Saturday, 12/26, traveling I95 through MA/NH into ME. We're trying to do the right thing by getting tested beforehand. Thing is, getting the test done within 72 hours of the day we arrive in ME seems problematic. That would require getting tested on Thursday, December 24 (if we even can on that day - Xmas eve) and hoping to get results by Saturday morning before we leave. That seems to be an iffy proposition given (1) all the other people probably trying to get tested then for the same reasons we are and (2) the fact that things could be slower due to holiday staff shortages and shutdowns. Wife says we should get tested on Monday, December 21 (to ensure that we get the tests back) but that wouldn't comply with the 72-hour rule. I guess the fall back would be that we do NOT get tested at all and simply not go anywhere when in Maine (self-quarantine). But sitting around a house isn't why we signed up to go there - - we could do that in CT.

Any suggestions? We want to do the right thing but if we can't do it perfectly, is anyone really checking?
I know there are no checkpoints on the road between Mass and Maine. I don't know what you will find on arrival in Maine--I have heard that people have been met with a chilly reception at some inns.

On the "right" thing to do--I think we need to recognize that some of the rules are good in spirit, but need to be adapted to reality. The COVID test is a good example. I think you should be tested as late as possible while still allowing time to receive your result before departure. But that may not match the letter of the law or get you past a hotel clerk.
Winilyme (11-27-2020)
Old 11-27-2020, 09:37 AM   #117
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post

We were able to get tested in Wolfeboro (Huggins) and had negative results the next day. If you can schedule something similar for 12/23 in CT, hopefully you would have results in plenty of time. We printed out the results and had them in the glove compartment in case we were stopped going round trip NH to MA, but we didn’t need them. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
Winilyme (11-27-2020)
Old 11-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #118
Flylady

Default Too confident?

Please remember that a negative test means only one thing! You are negative on the day the sample was collected. It is no guarantee that you have not picked up the virus the day of or after testing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flylady For This Useful Post:
Jdarby (11-27-2020), TCC (11-27-2020)
Old 11-27-2020, 03:24 PM   #119
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flylady View Post
Please remember that a negative test means only one thing! You are negative on the day the sample was collected. It is no guarantee that you have not picked up the virus the day of or after testing.
There was a great piece on the radio a week ago describing the "Swiss Cheese Defense" against COVID. Each thing we do to reduce transmission--testing, face masks, closing bars, etc--is like a single piece of Swiss cheese--it has holes. But if we stack multiple slices atop each other, every new slice reduces the chance of something getting through the holes. So just keep a few slices between you and COVID, and your chances are really good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
ApS (11-29-2020), Jdarby (11-27-2020)
Old 11-27-2020, 06:16 PM   #120
codeman671

Quote:
I know there are no checkpoints on the road between Mass and Maine. I don't know what you will find on arrival in Maine--I have heard that people have been met with a chilly reception at some inns.

On the "right" thing to do--I think we need to recognize that some of the rules are good in spirit, but need to be adapted to reality. The COVID test is a good example. I think you should be tested as late as possible while still allowing time to receive your result before departure. But that may not match the letter of the law or get you past a hotel clerk.
If the hotel or inn took your money for a reservation knowing all along you were from a different state they shouldn’t have any reason to be chilly...
Old 11-27-2020, 07:18 PM   #121
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flylady View Post
So why all the hubbub about getting tested?... seems like a waste of time.

Dan
Old 11-27-2020, 09:31 PM   #122
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
So why all the hubbub about getting tested?... seems like a waste of time.

Dan
See 'Swiss Cheese Defense' - post 120.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:50 AM   #123
WinnisquamZ

Name:  IMG_3006.JPG
Views: 3431
Size:  135.1 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 11-29-2020, 10:20 AM   #124
Sue Doe-Nym

LOL.....I think maybe she left her trousers in the dryer too long! What a sight! 😂
Old 11-29-2020, 11:09 AM   #125
Biggd

That would make me leave lunch right there on the floor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Old 11-29-2020, 01:59 PM   #126
Hillcountry

Is that Marie Callendar advertising her X-mas chocolate pies???
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post:
pondguy (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 03:45 PM   #127
WinnisquamZ

Name:  Image1606682715.958721.jpg
Views: 3503
Size:  190.3 KB

The Following User Says Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (11-30-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 04:07 PM   #128
ishoot308

Quote:
I remember those drills and the weekly air raid siren tests! Used to scare the hell out of everyone!

Dan
Hillcountry (11-30-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 04:17 PM   #129
WinnisquamZ

Just as todays media continues to scare the hell out of most!

The Following User Says Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 04:44 PM   #130
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
I remember those drills and the weekly air raid siren tests! Used to scare the hell out of everyone!

Dan
How about the fallout shelters in people’s back yards? Blackout curtains?
Old 11-29-2020, 04:58 PM   #131
Mr. V

You people slay me: figuratively and literally.

Minimizing gov't warnings in the face of a pandemic: hello, dunce cap.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:59 PM   #132
ishoot308

Quote:
How about the fallout shelters in people’s back yards? Blackout curtains?
Yup....and the fallout shelter signs on almost every large brick building and school basement... scary times for sure!

Dan
Sue Doe-Nym (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 05:02 PM   #133
FlyingScot

Quote:
Funnier would be to rewind a few months for you posting or thanking others with predictions that this will blow over by Easter
Pricestavern (11-30-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 05:15 PM   #134
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Yup....and the fallout shelter signs on almost every large brick building and school basement... scary times for sure!

Dan
And so....when we mention to members of the younger generations how things were, and how so many have sacrificed over the years, we are apt to receive an eye roll or shrug for the effort. The history that you and I are talking about is not that ancient.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
ApS (11-30-2020), Hillcountry (11-30-2020), ishoot308 (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 09:13 PM   #135
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
The virus cannot be stopped until a vaccine is in place and we all take it.

Until then, the best that can be done is to try to keep it at bay.

The interim question, or course, is "Which is of higher priority: saving lives or saving the economy?"
That's not quite true. It would eventually burn itself out. As did pandemics in past history. But the death toll would be very high and it could take 5, 10 years.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:54 AM   #136
Hillcountry

Quote:
The Nikita Kruschchev era...”we will bury your children”
Old 11-30-2020, 10:23 AM   #137
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
The Nikita Kruschchev era...”we will bury your children”
No, what he said is " ...... We will bury you!" without saying anything about "your children."

To get more context and history ...... google "We will bury you!"-Wikipedia ...... and it has a good, one page history on it and shows the full paragraph quote that ends with ..... We will bury you!

That quote got tons of tv-time on the three tv-news networks during the October-1962 Cuban missile crisis. Nikita Khrushchev said it on Sunday, November 18, 1956 in Moscow at the Polish Embassy after signing a Moscow-Warsaw joint declaration.

Addressing the Western Bloc at the Polish Embassy in Moscow, Khrushchev said to them: "About the capitalist states, it doesn't depend on you whether or not we exist. If you don't like us, don't accept our invitations, and don't invite us to come see you. Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. We will bury you!" .... spoken in Russian and translated to English by Khrushchev's translator

The speech prompted the envoys from the twelve NATO nations: Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the United Kingdom, and the United States, plus non-NATO member, Israel, to all get up and leave the room.

Later on, at the National Press Club, Washington D.C., September 16, 1959 in response to a question, Khrushchev explained: "The expression I used was distorted, and on purpose, because what was meant was not the physical burial of any people but the historical force of development. It is well known that at the present time no one social or economic system is dominant throughout the world, but that there are different systems, social systems in different countries. And those systems change. ...... "

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_will_bury_you ...... and maybe click on the 'shoe-banging incident' at bottom of page, as well.

Growing up, I heard and saw the inter-program tv short with Nikita Khrushchev pounding out that "We will bury you!" line probably hundreds of times and now in 2020, I sometimes will shout that to the two opponents on the other side of the net, at the start of a pickleball game ........ We will bury you! ..... ha-ha-ha. .... ..... As a 10-11 year old we would point our finger at another kid and shout "We will bury you!" with a deep threatening voice while playing different sports like volley ball, or softball, at school or at summer camp .... ..... ha-ha-ha

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-30-2020 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:24 PM   #138
Hillcountry

I recall him (in person on TV) saying “your children” screw wiki-pedo and screw google while you’re at it.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #139
jbolty

Quote:
Just as todays media continues to scare the hell out of most!

I trust no one at this point
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbolty For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (11-30-2020), WinnisquamZ (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 06:23 PM   #140
Jdarby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I trust no one at this point
Uh yeah....that’s a brilliant comparison! Just like firefighters wear fire resistant gear to do their jobs but you only wear an oven mitt when you take a baking sheet out of the oven. Maybe you should stop wearing an oven mitt too! It’s all about the level of risk.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:11 AM   #141
FlyingScot

Quote:
I recall him (in person on TV) saying “your children” screw wiki-pedo and screw google while you’re at it.
Interesting that you trust your memory of over 60 years ago more than the hundreds of independently written documents of that speech.

Also interesting is that the translation is the subject of debate--not on "you" vs "your children", but on the specific threat against "you". Here's a great article that describes the controversy. https://medium.com/exploring-history...3-4a285162e2b9
Old 12-01-2020, 09:40 AM   #142
Hillcountry

Quote:
Interesting that you trust your memory of over 60 years ago more than the hundreds of independently written documents of that speech.

Also interesting is that the translation is the subject of debate--not on "you" vs "your children", but on the specific threat against "you". Here's a great article that describes the controversy. https://medium.com/exploring-history...3-4a285162e2b9
I don't know why I have such a vivid memory of the "I will bury your children"
version, but I do...whatever... I'm sticking with my version
Old 12-01-2020, 01:15 PM   #143
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
I don't know why I have such a vivid memory of the "I will bury your children"
version, but I do...whatever... I'm sticking with my version
I was 100% sure I saw the “greatest football game ever played” when I was in California visiting friends. I remember the room, my friends, the small black and white TV as well as Ameche into the end zone for the Colts win. I told this story many times over the years. This year, while discussing this again, I realized it was impossible for me to have been in CA in 1958 when the game was played.

I was really stunned about this memory lapse.

Despite my “superb memory” I realized that facts do matter. No matter how much we may wish otherwise.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Old 12-01-2020, 02:35 PM   #144
thinkxingu

Mandela Effect?

Newbiesaukee (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 05:06 PM   #145
Pricestavern

Default Bury You

Quote:
How about from the CIA Library, then?
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...00040087-1.pdf
Old 12-01-2020, 05:38 PM   #146
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricestavern View Post
How about from the CIA Library, then?
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...00040087-1.pdf
Lol...I love you guys wasting your time trying to make me agree with you when in fact, I could give a ****** what you say...sheesh.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (12-02-2020), Seaplane Pilot (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 06:15 PM   #147
thinkxingu

Claim.
Refutation of claim with evidence.
Rejection of evidence.
Additional evidence.
Dismissal of topic.

Define: perfect illustration of 2020 discourse.

Old 12-01-2020, 06:16 PM   #148
FlyingScot

Quote:
Lol...I love you guys wasting your time trying to make me agree with you when in fact, I could give a ****** what you say...sheesh.
No need for you to change on anybody else's account. But it is fascinating the way you are able to deny things that appear to be undeniable fact.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:45 AM   #149
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default Mandela Effect

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...ffect-examples
Old 12-02-2020, 07:48 AM   #150
fatlazyless

Default ..... Nov 4, 1956: Budapest invaded by Soviet tanks!

You really need to consider that Khrushchev said 'We will bury you' on Nov 26, 1956, and the Soviet Union had just invaded Budapest, Hungary on Nov 4, 1956 to put a halt to their Hungary Revolt for freedom from communism.

The Hungary revolt from communist rule by the the Soviet Union took place from October 23, 1956 to November 10, 1956, with the Soviet troops invading on November 4.

So, with First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Nikita Khrushchev, age 60, addressing the western nations at the Polish Embassy in Moscow on Sunday, November 26, he no doubt wanted to DOUBLE DOWN, and project a strong-man, tough guy image to the world, and talk very intimidating ...... with that 'We will bury you' comment. It ran on American tv for something like ten years or so with him beating out that line, frequently shown on Saturday morning tv as a 30-second, public service announcement, between the Howdy Doody show and the Three Stooges, back in 1959-60-61-62. For kids watching it like myself, it became like a comedy act ..... We will bury you! ..... nyuck, nyuck, nyuk ...... no, we will bury you, first! ... no, we will bury you! ....

As an 11-year old kid walking out to a school/camp sports game period, I recall getting into shouting matches with other kids on the other team, especially at summer camp what with color war, the Grays vs the Greens. Chanting, shouting, and group songs were a big part of that color war team spirit. So therefore, shout it loud: "We will bury you! ..... no, we will bury you! .....no, we will bury you! ..... no, we will bury you! ..... out-shouting the other team ..... until a camp counselor would show up and yell ..... 'Will Everyone puh-leeeeeze Shut-Up! ...... everyone just be quiet and knock it off, or I'll send you all back to your cabin and make you do a graded, cabin clean-up!"

..... ho-ho-ho-ha-ha-ha ....... nyuck - nyuck - nyuck ......

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-04-2020 at 05:02 AM.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:40 AM   #151
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
"Elementary, my dear Watson."
JEEPONLY (12-02-2020)
Old 12-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #152
thinkxingu

Jeep copying what I said and then Flying given cred just reminded me of this. What an awesome sketch! https://youtu.be/k1tsGGz-Qw0

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (12-02-2020), JEEPONLY (12-02-2020)
Old 12-02-2020, 12:34 PM   #153
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Jeep copying what I said and then Flying given cred just reminded me of this. What an awesome sketch! https://youtu.be/k1tsGGz-Qw0

Now that is funny. Who will get “credit” for our being “off topic.”

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
JEEPONLY (12-02-2020)
Old 12-02-2020, 01:09 PM   #154
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
You must be high on potenuse.

JEEPONLY (12-02-2020)
Old 12-02-2020, 04:28 PM   #155
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default Remember...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
"You dirty rat, you killed my brudda!"

We're all in this together!

Last edited by JEEPONLY; 12-02-2020 at 04:30 PM. Reason: addition
Old 12-02-2020, 08:45 PM   #156
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

Quote:
No need for you to change on anybody else's account. But it is fascinating the way you are able to deny things that appear to be undeniable fact.
You didn't listen to the recent political campaigns (2 years)? Happened all over the place.
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 08:09 AM   #157
fatlazyless

Here's a Barry Goldwater for President, from 1964, political tv advertisement with Nikita Khrushchev, age 60?, speaking very aggressively and defiantly in Russian at the Unites Nations, or somewhere, shouting out: "We will bury you" ...... and ...... "Your children will be communists" ..... visually intertwined with American children walking into a classroom to salute the Flag.

www.youtube/watch?v=0wJHg9UBNPE .... "A classic presidential campaign advertisement for Barry Goldwater featuring Nikita Khrushchev..."

(Oh well, despite my repeated tries, cannot get this You Tube link to work here?)

November 3, 1964 presidential election results:

Lyndon Johnson, age 56, got 486-electoral votes, 61.7% of the popular vote with 43.127 million votes.

Barry Goldwater, age 55, got 52-electoral votes, 38.5% of the popular vote with 27.175 million votes.

Only six of the 50-states: South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Arizona (Goldwater's home state where he was a senator) went with "AU-H2O in 64" ... a real bumper-sticker ...... too bad for Senator Barry Goldwater ..... who was actually a very good tennis player and went on to become something of a tennis star in the U.S Senate.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-04-2020 at 05:09 AM.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #158
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
You didn't listen to the recent political campaigns (2 years)? Happened all over the place.
I agree, and apparently Hill does too, since he thanked you, that his ability to deny things that seem to be undeniable is very common. It's still fascinating to me. I'm not able to summon this ability in myself.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:57 PM   #159
ishoot308

Default Boring

Quote:
I agree, and apparently Hill does too, since he thanked you, that his ability to deny things that seem to be undeniable is very common. It's still fascinating to me. I'm not able to summon this ability in myself.
"It's still fascinating to me."

Yeah but nobody else...give it a rest will ya.

Dan
DEJ (12-03-2020), gravy boat (12-03-2020), Hillcountry (12-03-2020), Seaplane Pilot (12-03-2020)
Old 12-07-2020, 09:10 AM   #160
TheProfessor

1079 new cases reported today 12/7/2020 (yesterday). 12 single day deaths.
WMUR News.

Governor Sununu was off in the estimates by a couple weeks.

Over 1,000 new daily cases.

Thanksgiving spike?

Christmas coming up.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:18 PM   #161
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
1079 new cases reported today 12/7/2020 (yesterday). 12 single day deaths.
WMUR News.

Governor Sununu was off in the estimates by a couple weeks.

Over 1,000 new daily cases.

Thanksgiving spike?

Christmas coming up.
Are we rounding the corner yet?
I guess if you say it long enough it will eventually come true.

Last edited by Biggd; 12-07-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:07 PM   #162
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Are we are rounding the corner yet?
I guess if you say it long enough it will eventually come true.
Very very very Long corner apparently.

"CONCORD, N.H. —
A person who works in Gov. Chris Sununu’s office was diagnosed with COVID-19 on Monday."

LINK

Above in the news today. 12/7/2020.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post:
GregW11 (12-07-2020)
Old 12-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #163
Pricestavern

Default Like a Miracle

Can't wait for the virus to disappear - like a miracle. Seems the virus does not listen to politicians.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:55 PM   #164
gravy boat

Viruses are exactly like politicians. They are alive and do whatever it takes to survive, including mutate.

GB
The Following User Says Thank You to gravy boat For This Useful Post:
AC2717 (12-08-2020)
Old 12-07-2020, 08:20 PM   #165
TheProfessor

Ya, there's more.
From Governor Sununu's team.

"COVID-19 deaths in NH expected to keep climbing into 2021, health officials say

Officials urge residents to wear masks, social distance"

LINK