Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-16-2023, 08:05 PM   #1
TheTimeTraveler

The intersection in question seems to be a serious problem four months per year, June thru September.

Does anyone have any traffic figures as to how many accidents occur at Rte. 109 and Rte 28 during the year by these two gas.stations? What percentage of those accidents occur during those four months?

Anyone remember the old IGA that used to operate there 60 years ago at the top of the hill in what was last used as a nail salon until recently?
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 08:30 PM   #2
WinterHarborGuy

There needs to be a solution, I agree.

The 2 gas stations can’t cough up land…and a roundabout, if engineered correctly, seems like the way to go.

Also, why is the video 9 minutes long…it’s pretty much static.

WinterHarborGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 08:45 PM   #3
jazzman

Well, then there is the issue of the 9 (mostly), blind crosswalks in town. Even is there is nobody there you have to basically stop at each one to make sure someone isn't going to pop out between parked cars.

I mostly go down Friend street and around Back Bay to Crescent Lake Ave. That isn't great for the neighborhoods through that route.
jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 04:30 AM   #4
tis

Thanked 1,386 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman View Post
Well, then there is the issue of the 9 (mostly), blind crosswalks in town. Even is there is nobody there you have to basically stop at each one to make sure someone isn't going to pop out between parked cars.

I mostly go down Friend street and around Back Bay to Crescent Lake Ave. That isn't great for the neighborhoods through that route.
That will happen, the neighborhoods will get busier.
tis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 04:28 AM   #5
tis

Thanked 1,386 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
The intersection in question seems to be a serious problem four months per year, June thru September.

Does anyone have any traffic figures as to how many accidents occur at Rte. 109 and Rte 28 during the year by these two gas.stations? What percentage of those accidents occur during those four months?

Anyone remember the old IGA that used to operate there 60 years ago at the top of the hill in what was last used as a nail salon until recently?
I wonder about the accidents also. That was Stinchfield's Market Basket you remember not IGA , but yes you are right, it was a food store.

I think people are just too impatient today. Yes, sometimes it's busy but you just have to wait a bit. It seems to me it's always been busy. It's just like people boating have to make wakes in no wake zones because they are in such a hurry they can't stand to slow down and take a deep breath for a change.
tis is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links