Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
NickNH

Thumbs up The Bob House (formerly Grille 25)

Went there last night and we had a wonderful time and dinner. The decor is very nice, love the seating area in the pub and the "Winter Room" is great!

Good luck to the new owners, so far, we're impressed!
NickNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Charlie T

Default Glad to hear it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNH View Post
Went there last night and we had a wonderful time and dinner. The decor is very nice, love the seating area in the pub and the "Winter Room" is great!

Good luck to the new owners, so far, we're impressed!

Glad to hear the place is nice. Loved it years ago when it was "Copperfields". Hated it as "25" and got into a heated debate with the "owner jason" over service and quality. I wish the new place the best of luck in this economy.

Any chance they have a nice salad bar???? Eating out healthy is such a problem at times. A nice salad bar certainly helps.

Charlie
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Menu????

Does any one have a copy of their menu that could be posted?

Hopefully they will do well in this location. If it developes a good reputation we are thinking of holding some of our Snowmobile Club Dinner meetings there. We have a trail that leads to their front door.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
NickNH

They had a little bit of everything on the menu....I had the Maple Scallops that were very good. Everyone enjoyed their choices. No Salad bar that I could see, they offer a "Wedge" salad that you can put many different toppings on.....

They definitely have interest in the Snowmobilers Club......I was glad to hear they planned to stay open all year.

Everyone was very friendly and ready to serve at a moments notice......I was impressed as they haven't been open much more than a few days. They joked when something didn't go as expected and kept a good attitude.
NickNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:06 AM   #5
Redsoxlover

Default Strike One!

Went to the Bobhouse and it was not great. The service was very slooooow, the food just okay(although I did see some patrons eating some good looking sandwiches in the bar area). We usually have a three strike rule so we'll go back and try the sandwiches. Hope things get better, would like to see the place survive through the winter.
Redsoxlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2009, 05:54 AM   #6
Winniview

Smile bob house

ate their last night. Good service, excellent food, reasonable prices. my wife had the tuscan chicken with fresh asparagus. $12.99.very good
I had tackle box sampler. baked haddock, topped with shrimp and scallops with cottage fries and blue chese mashed potatoes. $13.99. again excellent.
drink prices cheap. tuckermans and sams drafts -$3.00. glass of wine -$4.75
Winniview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #7
luvmypups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxlover View Post
Went to the Bobhouse and it was not great. The service was very slooooow, the food just okay(although I did see some patrons eating some good looking sandwiches in the bar area). We usually have a three strike rule so we'll go back and try the sandwiches. Hope things get better, would like to see the place survive through the winter.
I would definately try their sandwiches, we just tried them recently and they were really good. They were very fresh tasting, I got a bobhouse club and the turkey was delicious....it wasnt that gross lunch meat turkey that a lot of places use. Hopefully they stick around because we need some good pub food around here
luvmypups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
Bullwinkle

I went to The Bob House last saturday night with my husband and daughter. When we arrived we were told that there would be an hour wait. We choose to sit at the bar and we were told once again that there would be an hour wait for our food. They were obviously "slammed" at that time but we really didn't care how long the wait was.We ordered french onion soup $4.29 and crab and mush bisque $3.49. It did take just about an hour to get the soups but they were really good and worth the wait. The appetizers came out in a reasonable amount of time and the were also very good if not excellent, calamari $7.49, crab cakes $8.99,stuffed mushrooms $6.99. We were pretty full so we shared a raspberry chicken dish $11.99. It was very rich (sweet) and I am glad we shared it. The hostess checked with us every time we received our food items and the bartender was very pleasent.It was a very relaxing experience,about two hours. We really enjoyed ourselves and we will certainly return.
Bullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:07 AM   #9
Misty Blue

Default up

'Went there last night for "Deb's Joys" birthday. The four of us had a very good meal. The waitstaff lacked experiance but wer trying their best. 'Kind of fun!

The food was yum and with appetizers and drinks the bill was $113.

The dining room was not overcrowded although most of the tables wer in use.

We'll be back again.
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #10
PennyPenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
I went to The Bob House last saturday night with my husband and daughter. When we arrived we were told that there would be an hour wait. We choose to sit at the bar and we were told once again that there would be an hour wait for our food. They were obviously "slammed" at that time but we really didn't care how long the wait was.worth the waiWe ordered french onion soup $4.29 and crab and mush bisque $3.49. It did take just about an hour to get the soups but they were really good and t. The appetizers came out in a reasonable amount of time and the were also very good if not excellent, calamari $7.49, crab cakes $8.99,stuffed mushrooms $6.99. We were pretty full so we shared a raspberry chicken dish $11.99. It was very rich (sweet) and I am glad we shared it. The hostess checked with us every time we received our food items and the bartender was very pleasent.It was a very relaxing experience,about two hours. We really enjoyed ourselves and we will certainly return.
If a waitperson/kitchen staff/manager can't put out a bowl of soup within 10 min. of you placing the order, I would stop at that point. You waited an hour for a cup of soup that was already made and sitting in a steam table? Guess you got more time on your hands than me.
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
Bigstan

Default Or mayhaps......

I would think that it's not beyond the realm of feasibility that the goal was to have everything served at the same time, so a simple thing like soup was put on hold until the apps could be completed and served as well.

Just a thought....
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #12
PennyPenny

Default Perhaps that is a possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstan View Post
I would think that it's not beyond the realm of feasibility that the goal was to have everything served at the same time, so a simple thing like soup was put on hold until the apps could be completed and served as well.

Just a thought....
Perhaps,also, there was seating available and they didn't want to risk loosing another customer so they sat them expecting them to wait. I am just not one to wait in line an hour for something. I probably would have just gone home and had cereal or eggs. To each their own.
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:04 AM   #13
angela4design

Default for SOUP?

An hour for soup? OMG. It had better be good. Sounds like they need some staff in the kitchen! Most people would have walked out by then! You sound so pleased about the experience. Were you given exceptional service, or were you happy to sit at the bar and enjoy the company for awhile before dining? I'm glad to know that the food was good, but not to arrive starving.

Blue cheese mashed potatoes? yum! I might have to stop by for that!
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #14
Bullwinkle

It was a long time to wait for soup, but I think that they held it up so that the rest of the meal would come out in a timely fashion. The service was very good and the company was excellent so it was a pleasent dinner.
Bullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #15
ScenicNH

Thumbs down Not So Good Appetizers

On Sunday night we didn't feel like cooking so we decided to come here for appetizers and drinks. We sat in the bar area and were greeted right away by the waitress and the service was good throughout, no problems.

We ordered crab cakes, calamari, and buffalo tenders and were not vey happy with any of them. The crab cakes tasted mostly of the breading and not much crab. The calamari was coated with Italian flavored bread crumbs and seemed a bit greasy. Also, it was mostly tentacles and not many of the round pieces we like. The buffalo tenders were just commercial breaded chicken strips with a little hot sauce spread on top. I was in the mood for buffalo wings but they're not on the menu so I had to settle for these and they were a poor substitute.

I'm trying to persuade my wife to return with me to try an entree or two before passing judgement on the place but she is hesitant based on this experience. We had hoped for better...
ScenicNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #16
Pineedles

Smile Owner Attention

I took my family there 2 weekends ago and we had a delicious meal. The crab cakes looked like they had "zero" filling and all crab. Maybe Trisha and Bob read a review and changed the recipe. Same on the calamari, we shared an order and it was delicious. My only dissapointment was their new oven had broken down and the prime rib was not available. The steak and crab "sand bar", was good though. What I was most impressed by was Trisha came over to our table several times to make sure everything was going well, and instead of just smiling and going on to the next table she bussed the table of a few finished plates. I appreciate an owner who does that. An 8 out of 10 for the Bob House in my opinion.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #17
LovelyToSeeYou

Default Delicious food at reasonable prices. I love the Bob House.

I am thrilled that The Bob House opened on Route 25 not too far away from me this year!!! I took out lobster rolls the first time for a small group at a last minute luncheon. I went back with a friend and had a Reuben which was delicious and my friend had the Haddock which she was was excellent. We had the cheesecake for dessert. I cannot wait to go again. I have a menu but do not know how one would post it on line. The Bob House seems to have a very nice selection of all kinds of foods from the soups to the pubsters to salads and wonderful overstuffed sanwiches and burgers. The entrees seafood dishes, to chicken dishes, to Beef, Pork or Veal. There are many other foods offered as well. I heard that they are going to try to stay open year round but will wait and see. I highly recommend The Bob House. FIVE STARS!!!!!!
LovelyToSeeYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #18
RPM

Default SCORE 8.75 outa 10

My wife and will only sit at the bar wherever we go.You always get the best service. The Bob house has been great for us. The Bud lights are cold,not so with "25" and the food/service very good , not so with "25" Try it .
Ok, a quick story. We sat at the bar next to the "Drunk Lady" you all know who she is. The GIRL owner was so upset that the D.L. was ruining our night
that she paid for 2 drinks each plus offered us a seat in the other room.
We declined the seat but accepted the drinks. Like I said we only eat at Bars, we,ve seen it all. By the way the D. L. was shut off befor we got there.
My Opinion JUNE 2009 %#%%&$@* . unless your a loon.
RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #19
Sue Doe-Nym

Finally had a chance to eat at the Bob House the other night and was very pleased. Now I know why when tried to eat there previously it was too crowded and there was a long wait. Food was very good, well priced, and our server excellent.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #20
braunbayboater

Unhappy The Bob House Disaster Meal

We received a gift certificate for the Bob House and were excited to give it a try. We called and no reservations are accepted - we arrived at 7:15 (party of 5). We were seated at 8:18 because there are only a couple of table to handle parties of more than 4. We were told that there were no more scallops - Ok - so we could handle that. Ordered Sam Adams Octoberfest - they ran out of that. So we ordered and after 20 minutes were told there was no more prime rib. And ......we asked for rolls and butter since we didn't get any with our soup and salads....guess what - they ran out of rolls!!!!

Well, I settled for Veal Parm. - was like American Chop Suey from a local diner - had pieces of carrot and celery in the sauce - Italian???? I don't think so!!!!!!

Forget the three strikes and you're out - they're out as far as I'm concerned. After all that they didn't even offer us a free cup of coffee.
braunbayboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #21
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by braunbayboater View Post
We received a gift certificate for the Bob House and were excited to give it a try. We called and no reservations are accepted - we arrived at 7:15 (party of 5). We were seated at 8:18 because there are only a couple of table to handle parties of more than 4. We were told that there were no more scallops - Ok - so we could handle that. Ordered Sam Adams Octoberfest - they ran out of that. So we ordered and after 20 minutes were told there was no more prime rib. And ......we asked for rolls and butter since we didn't get any with our soup and salads....guess what - they ran out of rolls!!!!

Well, I settled for Veal Parm. - was like American Chop Suey from a local diner - had pieces of carrot and celery in the sauce - Italian???? I don't think so!!!!!!

Forget the three strikes and you're out - they're out as far as I'm concerned. After all that they didn't even offer us a free cup of coffee.
Last week at the Bob House I ordered a mixed drink. After our good dinner we received the bill. I noticed that my mixed drink was $6.50 and it said that it had Absolute vodka in it. I did not order Abdolute vodka so I was very surprised they would do this wihout asking. I am going to mention this to ther owner the next time I go there for a meal.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #22
Redsoxlover

Default Am I too picky?

Everyone I talk to has had such great meals at the BOB House, I have gone several times now and maybe I'm too picky but I'm done. Wrong drinks, RUDE waitress, everyone around us with bread and rolls while they wait 1+ hour for meal but us! I wish them well but the food is not good enough to waste our time anymore.
Redsoxlover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redsoxlover For This Useful Post:
KonaChick (09-20-2009)
Old 09-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #23
Bluebell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
Last week at the Bob House I ordered a mixed drink. After our good dinner we received the bill. I noticed that my mixed drink was $6.50 and it said that it had Absolute vodka in it. I did not order Abdolute vodka so I was very surprised they would do this wihout asking. I am going to mention this to ther owner the next time I go there for a meal.
From my experience in Lakes Region restaurants, a mixed drink with house vodka would be about $6.50 or $7.50. You got Absolute in your cocktail for $6.50 . . . . you scored ! ! ! !
Bluebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:05 AM   #24
Happy Gourmand

Default Very Interesting...

So much going on here that it's hard to keep up...anybody have a score card?
Anyways, seems like there is a definite love/hate relationship going on with the BH by forum members. Reviews seem very positive or very negative, almost nothing in between. Makes one wonder if you are all talking about the same place....
...just sayin'...
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #25
Lakegeezer

Default Thumbs up

We finally got to the Bob House tonight. It was nicer than I was expecting and is on our "will go again" list. Somehow I had the impression it was a high-price upscale place, but we ate well and got out of there for under $35. The crab bisque soup is worth the trip. The menu has many things that just must be tried.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #26
coach0834

Thumbs up Two thumbs up!

My wife and I went there last weekend and I as well went there with much hesitation. We got there at 8pm because our other plans fell through(thats why it was so late). And I waited for quite a long time at the hostess counter to be attended to. Well once the women finally came she was able to seat us. From then on out it was a delightful evening. Although it was still very busy(good for them) we got our food very quickly. I got a burger with blue cheese dressing and mushrooms. I can't remember what they called it. My wife got the chicken tender club. Both were excellent! The Fries were such a cleaver idea, very thick home made potatoe chips is the best way that I can describe them. I had 3 beers, and my wife had a soda. We had such a good time and will definately be returning asap! If I have to go when its not actually dinner time to get better service its worth it! We got out of there for under $30 and that was including a 20% tip.
coach0834 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to coach0834 For This Useful Post:
LovelyToSeeYou (09-25-2009)
Old 10-04-2009, 02:07 AM   #27
wifi

Thumbs up

We went to the Bob House for dinner last night. Parking lot was quite full, but it seemed most were on the bar side. The restaraunt had a few empty tables (it was about 7PM), we were seated right away. The staff was friendly and attentive (not hovering nor pushing to turn over the table). The food was excellent and a very ample portion, as evidenced by the doggy bags leaving (not from my table tho... LOL). We'll go again.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #28
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi View Post
We went to the Bob House for dinner last night. Parking lot was quite full, but it seemed most were on the bar side. The restaraunt had a few empty tables (it was about 7PM), we were seated right away. The staff was friendly and attentive (not hovering nor pushing to turn over the table). The food was excellent and a very ample portion, as evidenced by the doggy bags leaving (not from my table tho... LOL). We'll go again.
We went to The Bob House around 5:30pm for dinner tonight. As usual the food was good, but the service could be better. The owner took our drink order, the server took our food order and the bus boy brought us our meals. A bit confusing! No one asked us how our meals were, although they were excellent. The table next to us were served their salads and about 30 seconds later their meals came out. Needless to say - they weren't pleased. The restaurant was filled when we left. There were only two servers waiting on everyone in the dining room. Although the servers had a few helpers the service was not smooth. They really need at least one more server waiting on tables. Possibly one of the servers was sick--WHO KNOWS!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #29
patman

Went to the Bob House today for lunch. We got there about 1:30pm, and it wasn't very crowded: there were two or three other tables seated, plus whoever was in the pub...I didn't look in there. The food and the atmosphere was very good, but the service was on the slow side. I had a burger with fries, both were very good. The fries are actually closer to thick potato chips...a nice spin on the idea that was very tasty. My wife had haddock, which she said was very good as well. Other than the service speed, it was a good experience.
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #30
Cristen

I tried the Bob House last night for the first time. I sat in the bar and had a couple of glasses of wine and dinner. I was happy with their wine list, and enjoyed the food as well.

I met Trisha (the owner/hostess) and Kevin (a bartender). They were both very friendly.

Overall.....good food and nice atmosphere!
Cristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #31
patman

We went there for dinner last night with another couple

Food: 7 - fairly good
Service: 3 - pretty bad

We waited about 10 minutes before being seated. The hostess said she was setting up the table for us, but when she led us in...there was nothing on the table, so I'm not sure what we were waiting for. We sat at a table in the lounge area (very VERY loud, in hindsight a big mistake on our part for not waiting for a table in the dining room) and waited another 10 minutes. Someone from the bar then came over to take our drink orders, 3 glasses of wine and a soda. Then we waited another 15 minutes for the drinks to arrive. A little while after that the waitress came over and took our 4 orders: 2 entrees both with side salads, 1 sandwich with no salad, 1 bowl of soup as the main course with a wedge salad.

After about 15 minutes the salads came out...salads that we assumed were the side salads, followed by...another side salad. The boy who delivered them was 12 or 13 years old, and obviously just doing what he was told, and not prepared to answer questions like "is this a wedge salad or a side salad?" He didn't know, he was just delivering things.

By this time the drink glasses were empty, and...there were no offers to get another round, despite the fact that we were sitting about 6 feet from the bar.

Another 20 minutes passed after we had finished the salads, and the main courses came out...delivered by the boy again, this time with the waitress in tow. 2 entrees...the sandwich...and...another salad placed next to the salad plate that hadn't been cleared away yet. The waitress first said "yes, that's what you ordered", then said "Oh, I see what they did, they put the crab on the salad." Crab??? A few minutes later she whisked back with a cup of soup...I mean that literally...there was maybe 8oz of soup. She disappeared again after that. If that is a bowl of soup, that's a pretty small bowl. If that's the way it's supposed to come out, a heads-up from the waitress on the "I'd like the soup for my main course" request would seem justified.

I found out later that the waitress was spending a fair amount of her time at a table (behind me) talking with some friends there.

We finished our dinners...the food was fairly good...and waited. Still no offers of another round of drinks, and after we had been done for 20 minutes or so, the waitress came by and asked if we wanted dessert (no) and then said she'd get the check for us. The check arrived, and the total for 2 $14 entrees, 1 $8 sandwich, the soup, 3 salads, and 1 round of drinks was...$92.

We arrived at about 6pm...and left around 8. 2 hours is a bit long for such a simple dinner, not to mention the order mistakes, and zero drink service. The price was way out of line as well. The food was fairly good, but...sorry folks, we're not going back.
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #32
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patman View Post
We went there for dinner last night with another couple

Food: 7 - fairly good
Service: 3 - pretty bad

We waited about 10 minutes before being seated. The hostess said she was setting up the table for us, but when she led us in...there was nothing on the table, so I'm not sure what we were waiting for. We sat at a table in the lounge area (very VERY loud, in hindsight a big mistake on our part for not waiting for a table in the dining room) and waited another 10 minutes. Someone from the bar then came over to take our drink orders, 3 glasses of wine and a soda. Then we waited another 15 minutes for the drinks to arrive. A little while after that the waitress came over and took our 4 orders: 2 entrees both with side salads, 1 sandwich with no salad, 1 bowl of soup as the main course with a wedge salad.

After about 15 minutes the salads came out...salads that we assumed were the side salads, followed by...another side salad. The boy who delivered them was 12 or 13 years old, and obviously just doing what he was told, and not prepared to answer questions like "is this a wedge salad or a side salad?" He didn't know, he was just delivering things.

By this time the drink glasses were empty, and...there were no offers to get another round, despite the fact that we were sitting about 6 feet from the bar.

Another 20 minutes passed after we had finished the salads, and the main courses came out...delivered by the boy again, this time with the waitress in tow. 2 entrees...the sandwich...and...another salad placed next to the salad plate that hadn't been cleared away yet. The waitress first said "yes, that's what you ordered", then said "Oh, I see what they did, they put the crab on the salad." Crab??? A few minutes later she whisked back with a cup of soup...I mean that literally...there was maybe 8oz of soup. She disappeared again after that. If that is a bowl of soup, that's a pretty small bowl. If that's the way it's supposed to come out, a heads-up from the waitress on the "I'd like the soup for my main course" request would seem justified.

I found out later that the waitress was spending a fair amount of her time at a table (behind me) talking with some friends there.

We finished our dinners...the food was fairly good...and waited. Still no offers of another round of drinks, and after we had been done for 20 minutes or so, the waitress came by and asked if we wanted dessert (no) and then said she'd get the check for us. The check arrived, and the total for 2 $14 entrees, 1 $8 sandwich, the soup, 3 salads, and 1 round of drinks was...$92.

We arrived at about 6pm...and left around 8. 2 hours is a bit long for such a simple dinner, not to mention the order mistakes, and zero drink service. The price was way out of line as well. The food was fairly good, but...sorry folks, we're not going back.
That is crazy, but unfortunately it seems to be a common theme with the BH. I will say. it is the busiest restaurant (IMO based on vehicles in the parking lots) from Meredith to Moultonborough. They must be doing something right, I guess.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #33
rrr

Default a very different experience

On Saturday night we were meeting friends for dinner - earlier in the day when the discussion turned to where, I threw out a few options: Woodshed, The Restaurant, Pine Cone... I was out of the room though when the decision was made - The Bob House. My immediate reaction was disappointment based on the reviews I've seen here.

Service: We got there about 5:45 and the parking lot was pretty full. Walked in and there were several people at the hostess station in front of us. They were seated quickly and so were we. The young lady that seated us told us that she would be our server and immediately took our drink order. There were 2 empty tables in the dining room and 1 in the lounge. She came right back with our drinks and offered to take our order. I needed a bit more time. As soon as I closed my menu she came back. We placed our orders - 3 soups, 1 salad and 4 entrees. The soups and salads arrived pretty quickly, there was a short pause and then our entrees arrived. We got one dessert with four forks, coffee and tea - and were in the car at 7:10. When I saw the clock in the car, I thought wow that was fast - but I never felt rushed.

Food: I had the french onion soup (my favorite on a cold windy night), it was piping hot and the flavor was just okay. The other soup and the salad were well received. Entrees - 2 veal and 2 steaks and all were very pleased. The veal was cut with a fork tender - really good. Nobody really wanted dessert - but it somehow evaporated...

I went in expecting to be disappointed but came out pleasantly surprised. I would go back.
rrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:26 AM   #34
VitaBene

Default Good Experience

I went to the Bob House a week or so ago and thought it was very good. We sat at the bar and the service was great. Good wines by the glass. The food was real good and the wait time for it was fine as well.

We will be back. Should be a good sled destination.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #35
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
I went to the Bob House a week or so ago and thought it was very good. We sat at the bar and the service was great. Good wines by the glass. The food was real good and the wait time for it was fine as well.

We will be back. Should be a good sled destination.
Vita,

The Moultonboro Snowmobile Club has chosen the Bob House for it's 2009-2010 Monthly Dinner Meetings. Yes there is direct trail access.

Check the following link for Dates and Menu.

http://www.moultonborosmc.org/Events.htm
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #36
VitaBene

Default Update

Since my last post we have visited the BH a few times. The food is very good and reasonably priced. We have had great service regardless of whether we were in the bar area or restaurant.

The owner Trish is great with the kids. The last time we were in she pulled out this ginger bread house kit for the kids to work on.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #37
hazelnut

Thumbs up First Try / First Impressions

Well, I finally tried "The Bob House" tonight.

So a long lost friend of mine and I wanted to meet up after almost 20 years of not seeing each other. He was in Ossipee with his family and I was in Meredith. I was wracking my brain for a place that was somewhat halfway between us. "The Bobhouse" was the name that popped into my head. So I suggested it and the 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 children decided to meet there.

I have to say I really enjoyed it. The hostess sat us in what amounted to a private room, really a little alcove but it was perfect. The 4 little ones were so excited because we had our own little area. FYI for all of you parents this restaurant is actually VERY kid friendly. Plenty of coloring books, games, toys, cards, etc. I was very impressed.

The service was not the fastest I have ever had but the attitude of the servers made up for it. They were friendly and accurate. Accuracy more than makes up for speed IMO.

Food was good. The Tackle Box Seafood platter that my wife and I had was awesome. The Prime Rib my friend had looked good and the kids meals all were great.

All in all a very good impression. The bar scene looked like it was thriving. I will DEFINITELY be putting this place on the list of Snowmobile stops.

Bottom line: Try it you'll like it.

Positives: Good Food, Good Atmosphere, Good Staff Attitude, Good Prices

Negatives: Somewhat slow-ish service
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #38
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Reading this post made me think of LovelyToSeeYou. I wonder what happened to her???
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #39
wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Reading this post made me think of LovelyToSeeYou. I wonder what happened to her???
But only if Hazelnut mentions lobster rolls.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #40
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
Well, I finally tried "The Bob House" tonight.

So a long lost friend of mine and I wanted to meet up after almost 20 years of not seeing each other.

I think if I hadn't seen a long lost friend for almost twenty years and he/she was as close to me as Ossipee, I would have invited them over to my house and cooked them a real nice fancy meal. Pop the cork on some of my expensive wine, lit the fireplace, and have a real good time together.

However I am glad that you all enjoyed you meals at the Bob House.
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #41
jeffatsquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Oh I think shes still here all indacations point to some good coaching and a do over. I'll let you try and figure it out.
jeffatsquam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #42
Bluebell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffatsquam View Post
Oh I think shes still here all indacations point to some good coaching and a do over. I'll let you try and figure it out.
This was too easy
Bluebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:34 PM   #43
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
I think if I hadn't seen a long lost friend for almost twenty years and he/she was as close to me as Ossipee, I would have invited them over to my house and cooked them a real nice fancy meal. Pop the cork on some of my expensive wine, lit the fireplace, and have a real good time together.

However I am glad that you all enjoyed you meals at the Bob House.
Yosemite, the difference between you and I is that I have three kids under 7 years old. Cooking a nice dinner with the kids running around isn't in the cards. It was a whole lot easier letting someone else do it and then they had to clean it up after.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #44
sa meredith

Default good spot

I've been twice and really liked it both times. I hope they do well. I found the prices to be very reasonable.
Glad you had a good time.
Catching up with old friends is always a pretty cool thing...
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #45
SIKSUKR

Default Good for the Bob House

Glad they didn't pour pepper in your kids plate!Have not heard much negative since that early on alleged incident.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #46
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Glad they didn't pour pepper in your kids plate!Have not heard much negative since that early on alleged incident.

I suspect the folks there were most likely enchanted by Hazelnut's children - I know I was when I had the opportunity to serve them as they dined. His children are the ones every restaurant owner dreams of!
EricP (01-23-2010), hazelnut (01-18-2010), KPW (01-19-2010), Yosemite Sam (01-18-2010)
Old 01-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #47
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post

I suspect the folks there were most likely enchanted by Hazelnut's children - I know I was when I had the opportunity to serve them as they dined. His children are the ones every restaurant owner dreams of!
Awww thank you so much I am very flattered. You left quite an impression on them as well. "FREE COOKIES!!!"

As for "The Bobhouse," they had a ton of toys and coloring books as well as the card game UNO, I never heard a peep out of my kids. Oh yeah one more thing, they brought the kids meals first. Always a good idea.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #48
KonaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Awwwww SIKSUKR I guess you just can't help yourself. As far as the Bobhouse, with all these glowing reviews I just might have to try them again. I promise to leave my kids at home if they promise to hold the pepper!!
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #49
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick View Post
Awwwww SIKSUKR I guess you just can't help yourself. As far as the Bobhouse, with all these glowing reviews I just might have to try them again. I promise to leave my kids at home if they promise to hold the pepper!!
Sorry Kona. That was a bit of a cheap shot. Apology forwarded.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #50
NHKathy

Default Loved The Bob House!

Went to The Bob House for the first time last Saturday night, 04/24
We were seated right away -loved the atmosphere of the dining room, especially the big fish tank.
The Calamari appetizer was great, for entree my hubby had the Chicken Marsala (excellent) and I had The Tackle Box Sampler (also excellent),
Our food was served quickly and very fresh and we had plenty to take home for lunch the next day!
Prices were very reasonable - we will definitely return!
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #51
sa meredith

Default great

Went to The Bob House Sunday, late afternoon/early evening. This was the second time I have been, and I have to say, both times were perfect. This really is a neat little place, and I strongly recommend it for anyone who has not yet given it a try. Worth the drive from where ever you are on the lake.
We sat in the bar, and the service was great, the food very good, the prices VERY reasonable, and the atmosphere fantastic.
They recently added an outdoor deck, so now you can eat outside, if that is your sort of thing (not mine).
Also, there is now a sitting area, with sofas and living room type furniture. I think this is new, as I don't recall seeing it last year.
Anyway...I know in the past there have been posts that mentioned "iffy" service at peak hours, but I experienced none of that.
The Bob House really has a lot to offer.
By the way, I added a salad to my dinner...and it was much better then some run of the mill avarage dinner salad. Lots and lots of stuff on it. Give it a try.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #52
matcol

Was up visiting over the long weekend and stopped by Friday night with my wife and three of our friends who were visiting the area for the first time. I grew up in town but unfortunately only get back up there a few times a year. Service was excellent! Even though they were quite busy, we were seated immediately and had our drinks/apps order taken within a couple of minutes. Waitress was very sweet and personable. You have to try the nachos! I'm very picky when it comes to nachos and these passed the test with flying colors! All of our meals and salads were delicious as well. Will definately stop in again the next time I'm in town.
matcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #53
WakeboardMom

There are not a lot of "pub" type restaurants around the lake, and for that reason alone, I like the Bob House. Beyond that, we've always had great service (we always sit in the bar), the waitresses are personable, and Kevin (the bartender) is awesome. Prices are reasonable and the food is very good.

I'm not sure how often we'll get there in the summer, as it's not a good "boat" destination, but I highly recommend it!