Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Marketplace
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2022, 10:35 AM   #1
MeredithMan

Default I need to find a place in Rutland, VT quickly

I know that there are many people on the Forum who have properties for rent or sale in New England. My son will be taking a job with GE Aviation in Rutland, VT beginning in June. We are looking at renting an apartment/condo/small house, or purchasing one outright. We are working with a local realtor, but there are zero rentals in that area. If you or anyone you know has a place could be a long term rental or for sale, please let me know.

Thanks.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:08 PM   #2
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
I know that there are many people on the Forum who have properties for rent or sale in New England. My son will be taking a job with GE Aviation in Rutland, VT beginning in June. We are looking at renting an apartment/condo/small house, or purchasing one outright. We are working with a local realtor, but there are zero rentals in that area. If you or anyone you know has a place could be a long term rental or for sale, please let me know.

Thanks.
Meredith Man,
Try Realtor.com. Just looked and there are a few nice houses listed for sale. Also be sure you look at the Rutland Town area. I lived in Rutland for many years before moving to Texas. Let me know if you need information about areas around Rutland or neighborhoods in Rutland. Good luck
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Janet For This Useful Post:
MeredithMan (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 03:57 PM   #3
tummyman

Very familiar with GE plants in Rutland...interesting is that one is in the town of Rutland and one is in the village of Rutland. One option that has plenty of available listings is Killington Vt. Only 15 miles away...about a 20 minute commute. Both plants are not a far drive off RT4. For a young person, it would be a great option.

Second option is to contact the plant HR operation and ask them...they used to have a weekly plant news paper that maybe he could post an item on.

Good luck to your son...my son works at the GE Hooksett plant.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tummyman For This Useful Post:
MeredithMan (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 04:03 PM   #4
MeredithMan

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
Very familiar with GE plants in Rutland...interesting is that one is in the town of Rutland and one is in the village of Rutland. One option that has plenty of available listings is Killington Vt. Only 15 miles away...about a 20 minute commute. Both plants are not a far drive off RT4. For a young person, it would be a great option.

Second option is to contact the plant HR operation and ask them...they used to have a weekly plant news paper that maybe he could post an item on.

Good luck to your son...my son works at the GE Hooksett plant.
Thank you! My son interviewed at both plants and he/we were hoping that Hooksett would come through so he could live at home here in Bedford, but they decided to go with other candidate(s). But, Rutland made him an offer, so Rutland it is! (the one that is technically North Clarendon). He actually has a call with the Rutland Plant HR person tomorrow, so your recommendation is timely. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2022, 05:25 PM   #5
TheTimeTraveler

Go to www.Craigslist.org

Click on Vermont

Click on apartments and type Rutland in the search bar. Hit enter.

Plenty of rentals available.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2022, 05:27 PM   #6
tummyman

The plant on Windcrest Road is the one I think you are talking about. My recommendation is to get a lease for a year and renewable for a second year. There are so many opportunities in the company that he can make some location change in the future if he wants. Not many condo's in Rutland. That is why Killington may be a great bet for a young person. Take a quick drive up there...Woodstock has great places to eat on the way up and back. Drive around.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 07:46 AM   #7
MeredithMan

Default How does the story end...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
The plant on Windcrest Road is the one I think you are talking about. My recommendation is to get a lease for a year and renewable for a second year. There are so many opportunities in the company that he can make some location change in the future if he wants. Not many condo's in Rutland. That is why Killington may be a great bet for a young person. Take a quick drive up there...Woodstock has great places to eat on the way up and back. Drive around.
So the plant HR person connected my son to another GE employee who owns a duplex in Rutland. The guy lives on one side and rents the other. It's an old house, but it has been totally renovated...very nice. And the best part is, my son only has to show up with his clothes and personal items. It is fully furnished and stocked with pots, pans, plates, you name it. We've met the guy a couple times and he seems very nice.

We've also quickly become big fans of the Hop 'N Moose / Rutland Beer Works. Their giant soft pretzel and pizzas are great. My wife loves the Blueberry Blonde beer and my son and I are partial to Lake Monster. A great find!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (04-17-2022), tummyman (04-17-2022)