Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2022, 08:52 PM   #1
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Camp

We met friends the other night at Camps in Meredith…hadn’t been there since pre pandemic, when the food was excellent. We were both very disappointed in our seafood entrees…one was way too spicy and the other had unappetizing dried looking seaweed on top. We both had good humor about it, but we will try some other places…the Bob House for one. We both decided that we’d have been better off spending the $70 on boat gas!
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 05:18 AM   #2
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Of all the CM restaurants, I think Camp and Town Docks are the most hit-or-miss. I've had some great meals at Camp—a rockin' chicken pie, awesome steak tips—but I've also been disappointed—a weird serving size of ribs, an overcooked burger—so I think it's more of a crapshoot.

I do like the setting, though, and it's nice to walk afterward, so we accept the risk just as we do with Town Docks.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:32 AM   #3
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Of all the CM restaurants, I think Camp and Town Docks are the most hit-or-miss. I've had some great meals at Camp—a rockin' chicken pie, awesome steak tips—but I've also been disappointed—a weird serving size of ribs, an overcooked burger—so I think it's more of a crapshoot.

I do like the setting, though, and it's nice to walk afterward, so we accept the risk just as we do with Town Docks.

My daughter has been a seasonal hostess at Camp for 2 years. They have had a lot of staffing issue like most, even in the kitchen. Food is good not what I would call awesome although the lobster corn dog appetizer is very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 08:12 AM   #4
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
My daughter has been a seasonal hostess at Camp for 2 years. They have had a lot of staffing issue like most, even in the kitchen. Food is good not what I would call awesome although the lobster corn dog appetizer is very good.

One of the staffing issues I've heard is that many of the servers like to move to Town Docks in summer when the gettin's good and that becomes a balancing act.

Camp also sometimes struggles with consistency in terms of traffic flow—an acquaintance who is a server there would often be called in or have her shift canceled based on uneven flow.

thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 11:43 AM   #5
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
One of the staffing issues I've heard is that many of the servers like to move to Town Docks in summer when the gettin's good and that becomes a balancing act.

Camp also sometimes struggles with consistency in terms of traffic flow—an acquaintance who is a server there would often be called in or have her shift canceled based on uneven flow.

Both points are accurate. The tips for servers are definitely better at town docks than Camp. More tables faster turnover which is my the migration in season.

joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links