Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2022, 10:13 AM   #1
SailinAway

Default Rain diverter

I'm preparing my house to be painted. I just had a 6' x 12' section of rotten siding replaced on the rear. The cause of the rot is rain falling from the roof onto the small roof over the back stoop and bouncing back onto the siding. Note that the rain is falling from two different levels due to the setback of the dormer.

There are no gutters on the rear of the house. They were removed by a previous worker who told me they were causing ice dams (removing them made no change in the ice dams). Strangely, the siding to the right of the door was not affected. We removed all rotten siding and underlayment and covered the new plywood with bituthene.

To prevent this section from rotting again, I would like to place some kind of diverter on the little roof over the stoop. Any recommendations as to the type, material, and placement of the diverter? I will address the lack of gutters in a later project as I can't do everything at once. Thank you!
Attached Images

SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote