Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Thumbs down Anthony's Pier Restaurant

I finally got up to Weirs Beach during the summer months before Anthony's closed for the season. Unfortunately now I wish I hadn't. My husband and I both ordered Fried Whole Belly Clam Dinners. The lady taking the order was kind enough to suggest that the onion rings that we wanted could be used to substitute for the french fries.

Well, the onion rings were cold, the tarter sauce comes in packets like take out ketchup and for $17.95 we got a small and I mean small amount of whole belly clams, maybe 10-12 tops. The taste was good, but unfortunately the price was not. It was really great sitting on the pier watching the Mount leave, but not worth the money that we paid. We both left still hungry.

Anyway, next time I am going to find another place to get whole belly clams that have the lakeside patio, there has got to be more of them somewhere that actually give you enough food to be full when you leave.
ILoveWinnipesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
VtSteve

They were just saving you. Fried whole belly anything is not really good for you, so go back and thank them for not contributing to the delinquency of a belly

Seriously though, I usually look at the prices anywhere I order, and sometimes ask. But portion size is not one of my biggies. If it's good, I like it.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
garysanfran

Default Cost of clams

Tried the new Woodmans in Litchfield on Thusday. The portiom of clams, fries and onion rings was very large. The quality was excellent. The soft drink of your choice was refillable as often as you wanted. The cost was $24.00!

I believe the cost of clams these days is high everywhere. I believe Mike Ray, Lobster Pound, has made comments in this regard.
garysanfran is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post:
ILoveWinnipesaukee (09-08-2009)
Old 09-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Default On my way to or from

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Tried the new Woodmans in Litchfield on Thusday. The portiom of clams, fries and onion rings was very large. The quality was excellent. The soft drink of your choice was refillable as often as you wanted. The cost was $24.00!

I believe the cost of clams these days is high everywhere. I believe Mike Ray, Lobster Pound, has made comments in this regard.
Litchfield would be a good stop on the way up to the lake, kind of a hike for a weekend stay in Gilford. I will have to try it on my way to or from the lake on one of my trips. Thanks for the info.
ILoveWinnipesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Kracken

You have to try Pops in Alton, great quality, good portions.
Kracken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kracken For This Useful Post:
pops (09-08-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
pops

Default closed for the 09 season

We will be open May 1 2010.

Fresh clams were very hard to find this last weekend. All of canada is shut down, only one flat in Maine was open to harvesting. We had to use some clams from the west coast.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pops For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (09-08-2009)