Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
nicole

Smile A few food questions

Hi everyone,

We have been living in Weir's Beach for a little while now and really enjoy exploring and trying the many food places all around the lakes region. I have taken some suggestions from this board-I love Heath's market. We really enjoyed Love Bites pastry shop. I have also enjoyed many of the places that all of you long-timers talk about. There are two places that my husband and I want to check out-Winni Bay Gulls and also Jo-Jo's store. We tried to find both using mapquest from Hilliard road in Weir's Beach and could not. The directions that we got were not clear-at least not to us. Perhaps if we knew more about the area. We kind of think with the Winni Bay Gulls we might have missed a quick turn. With JoJo's we could not find Moultonborough Neck and just got confused.

Could someone perhaps be kind enough to provide me with directions from Weir's Bach to both places? I would really appreciate it.

We are really trying to explore the area and appreciate it-especially non-chain places.

Thanks so much-

Nicole
nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
Tomt

Default Jo Jo's

Nicole,
Take route 3 toward Meredith, right after the town docks turn right onto rt 25follow 25 for 6.4 miles and turn right onto Moultonborough Neck Rd. (across from Aubuchon Hardware) follow Moultonborough Neck Rd for about 5 miles and Jo Jo's will be on the right. If you go over the bridge at the town beach you went to far
Tomt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomt View Post
Nicole,
Take route 3 toward Meredith, right after the town docks turn right onto rt 25follow 25 for 6.4 miles and turn right onto Moultonborough Neck Rd. (across from Aubuchon Hardware) follow Moultonborough Neck Rd for about 5 miles and Jo Jo's will be on the right. If you go over the bridge at the town beach you went to far
Thank you Tomt- I appreciate it!

Nicole
Old 07-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default You just passed Winni Bay Gulls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomt View Post
Nicole,
Nicole,

Winni Bay Gulls

It is in the Center Harbor accross from Heaths Hardware and next to SAM & ROSSIES.

My favorite is a "PLAIN" plain bagle pipping hot out of the ovan.

WINNOCTURN

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 07-11-2008 at 08:18 AM.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
Nicole,

Winni Bay Gulls

It is in the Center Harbor accross from Heaths Hardware and next to SAM & ROSSIES.

My favorite is a "PLAIN" plain bagle pipping hot out of the ovean.

WINNOCTURN
WINNOCTURN-

Thank you very much- I will be getting a pipping hot bagel this weekend

Nicole
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
phoenix

if you are coming up to Moultonboro on a Monday night stop at Kevin's . great seafood at $ 10.95 from the former chef at Legal seafood
Old 07-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
beancover

After you eat at Kevin's go down the raod to Red Hill Dairy for a chocolate softserve with a chocolate dip. The best around.
beancover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:32 AM   #8
TomC

Default JoJo's

This is a small convenience store, with a good deli. And it is very convenient for people on the Neck to save a drive into town when a few items are needed. If one were in Moultonborough and wanted to stop there out of curiosity, thats one thing, but its hardly worth a ~35 minute drive from the Weirs... just my opinion.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:57 AM   #9
twoplustwo

Default try the parmesan

Winni Bay Gulls' parmesan bagels are out of this world!

JoJo's has great sandwiches, but ITA with TomC, not sure if they're 35 minute great. I suppose if you like to take a drive, then grabbing a couple of sandwiches and tooling on down the Neck Rd for a picnic on the beach is always nice.

And another ditto for Red Hill Dari Barn although I admit to being biased since my kid works there. I love trying the special ice cream of the week. The creamsicle was soooo good, now I have to go try the coffee. Then I have to start running or something as I've been trying a bit too much ice cream there lately
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:34 AM   #10
nicole

Phoenix-Kevin's is on our list of places to visit.

beancover-I just added Red Hill Dairy to our list!

TomC amd twoplustwo-we will be going to JoJo's as part of our exploring so we will definelty be tying it with other things. We like to hit mutliple food places

Thanks everyone!

Nicole
Old 07-11-2008, 08:26 AM   #11
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole View Post
Phoenix-Kevin's is on our list of places to visit.

beancover-I just added Red Hill Dairy to our list!

TomC amd twoplustwo-we will be going to JoJo's as part of our exploring so we will definelty be tying it with other things. We like to hit mutliple food places

Thanks everyone!

Nicole
Nicole,

The Red Hill Dairy also serves Food, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Clams, Scallops, Onion Rings and Fish.

On Friday nights My Wife and I like to get a Small Onion Ring, pint of Clams and Scollops, then go over to the town docks and relax.

When we head back we wil stop for a soft server, thier coffe is the best anyware!

WINNOCTURN
Old 07-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #12
Janet

Thumbs up

Red Hill Dairy has the best clams in the area. Can't wait to get there in August!!
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #13
Phantom

Yikes -- could there actually be another dine by boat destination ??

WINNOCTURN - You mentioned that you go to Red Hill "and then go over to the Town docks" ....... where is this place?? I was not aware of any Moultonborough "Town Docks". Is this a spot easily walked to? or are you then Driving ..........

Feeling stupid after 25yrs. of boating Winni
Old 07-11-2008, 11:35 AM   #14
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default cENTER HARBOR DOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Yikes -- could there actually be another dine by boat destination ??

WINNOCTURN - You mentioned that you go to Red Hill "and then go over to the Town docks" ....... where is this place?? I was not aware of any Moultonborough "Town Docks". Is this a spot easily walked to? or are you then Driving ..........

Feeling stupid after 25yrs. of boating Winni
Phantom,

I am talking of the Center Harbor Docks. It is an easy walk form the docks to Red Hill Dairy, Winni Bay Gulls, Rossies. EM Heaths, Market and Hardware.

As for Moultonboro "Town Docks" I guess the closest thing we have would be Lee's Mills.

WINNOCTURN
Old 07-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #15
Phantom

Thanks for the reply --

We frequent the Cntr Harbor Docks -- use the super market for sandwiches & Ice. Convient "State" store nearby too Been to the Bagel shop..... use it as a spot to get to Canoe & Coe ........ but never knew about the Red Hill Dairy ......and if we saw it, probably dismissed it as "just an Ice Cream store" .... have to hunt that one down on our next trip up in 2 weeks.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #16
Waterbaby

Default What's in Creamsicle??????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
Winni Bay Gulls' parmesan bagels are out of this world!

JoJo's has great sandwiches, but ITA with TomC, not sure if they're 35 minute great. I suppose if you like to take a drive, then grabbing a couple of sandwiches and tooling on down the Neck Rd for a picnic on the beach is always nice.

And another ditto for Red Hill Dari Barn although I admit to being biased since my kid works there. I love trying the special ice cream of the week. The creamsicle was soooo good, now I have to go try the coffee. Then I have to start running or something as I've been trying a bit too much ice cream there lately

That sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I love the "stick" creamsicles, and since you are "in the know", what makes up the creamsicle ice cream?
Old 07-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #17
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post
what makes up the creamsicle ice cream?
In my youth, it was orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream, in a push-up-by-stick tube.