Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2021, 06:34 PM   #1
SailinAway

Default Booster shot: Not as easy as you might think

Unlike many reports of easy access to vaccinations from forum members, I had a very hard time getting my first vaccination due to state and federal website errors. As of today, I've made 3 unsuccessful in-person attempts to get a booster shot: Rite-Aid (website made an appointment for me even though my local store doesn't carry Pfizer), CVS (my local store does not accept walk-ins except on Mon and Tues 10:00-1:00), Hannaford (does not accept walk-ins). Those attempts were based on information at the store websites, CDC, state website, and, sad to say, from Fatlazyless (Plymouth CVS stopped walk-ins several weeks ago due to being overwhelmed).

Lesson: availability of the vaccines and what you need to do to get one vary by location. Don't trust these websites. Either call your local site or go there to get accurate information. Quote from my local pharmacist: "This mess is caused by the state's failure to manage vaccinations."
Old 11-12-2021, 06:47 PM   #2
fatlazyless

There's always the excitement of going to www.walmart.com/store/2758-plymouth-nh/pharmacy for a Covid vaccination .....a.k.a. immunization.

Does the nearby Dollar Tree do Covid vaccinations for a dollar ......... .........probably not, unless it has a Dollar Tree pharmacist which is very doubtful.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-d...nation-4140251 ..... What is the difference between immunization and vaccination?
Old 11-12-2021, 07:46 PM   #3
FlyingScot

I recommend CVS's website to book. Took about five minutes to register a couple of days in advance, and there was less than a five minute wait in the store. My CVS said they were doing 300/day.

Also, except for the six month requirement, they are accepting all comers--no problem if you are young and in good health
Old 11-12-2021, 08:05 PM   #4
I.C.Isles

Yes, getting a shot at CVS is straight forward if you register online. If under 65 you check a box saying you are eligible when you get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 11-12-2021, 08:30 PM   #5
SailinAway

I registered at CVS this evening. The first available appointment was 7 days out. Do you have to go into the store, or do they do the shots at the drivethrough?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2021, 09:30 PM   #6
garysanfran

Walgreens on Court, Laconia.

I walked in and out in 15 minutes. Got the booster and this years flu.
The Following User Says Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post:
trfour (11-13-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 09:41 PM   #7
I.C.Isles

I had to go into cvs for shot.

The Following User Says Thank You to I.C.Isles For This Useful Post:
SailinAway (11-13-2021)
Old 11-13-2021, 05:02 AM   #8
pondguy

Gilford Walmart has easy online signup I got my booster the same day in and out in 15 minutes. Sore arm for a day.
Old 11-13-2021, 05:55 AM   #9
fatlazyless

Well now ..... what you want to do is to get a Covid vaccination shot in one arm, and a flu vaccination shot in the other arm, and then go swim 24-laps in a 25-meter swiim pool, alternating breast stroke and side stroke, each lap, to make certain these vaccines gets shaken and rolled throughout your entire interior anatomy .... ... HOO-RAH.

For $600/year the www.wmacwv.com is a totally super-duper SWIMMING steal of a deal, plus they got a huge outdoor pool as well, in June-July-Aug-Sept ..... and lose the fat! ... ... HOO-RAH.
Old 11-13-2021, 05:59 AM   #10
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

We went into the Gilford Hannaford the first morning the booster was available and scheduled booster shots for later that day. We got Moderna in one arm and flu in the other. Demand was ramping up, so appointments was the only way to go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
trfour (11-13-2021), upthesaukee (11-13-2021)
Old 11-13-2021, 09:16 AM   #11
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Walgreens on Court, Laconia. I walked in and out in 15 minutes. Got the booster and this years flu.
The situation is changing quickly since children became eligible. I called Walgreen's this morning and got the following information. Tilton: no walk-ins. Laconia: you can walk in, but the wait will be up to 2 hours because they take all the people with appointments first. The Walmart Plymouth phone message says "walk-ins welcome."
Old 11-13-2021, 09:30 AM   #12
fatlazyless

Say-hey ...... have you looked at the Walmart Pharmacy in the NH-Vt border town of Woodsville, NH. This is legally located in N.H. but in practice, it belongs to Vermont ..... so that might make getting a fast appointment more doable due to the juxtaposition of N.H. and Vermont at that big bend in the Connecticut River.

..... is worth a shot; http://www.walmart.com/store/4389-wo...le-nh/pharmacy
Old 11-13-2021, 01:43 PM   #13
garysanfran

WOW! The situation is changing dramatically. When I called Walgreens on Court ST., Laconia, they told me they would not take appointments. It was walk-ins only. I got there early and was out quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post:
trfour (11-13-2021)
Old 11-13-2021, 07:41 PM   #14
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Well now ..... what you want to do is to get a Covid vaccination shot in one arm, and a flu vaccination shot in the other arm, and then go swim 24-laps in a 25-meter swiim pool, alternating breast stroke and side stroke, each lap, to make certain these vaccines gets shaken and rolled throughout your entire interior anatomy .... ... HOO-RAH.

For $600/year the www.wmacwv.com is a totally super-duper SWIMMING steal of a deal, plus they got a huge outdoor pool as well, in June-July-Aug-Sept ..... and lose the fat! ... ... HOO-RAH.
Actually you want to keep it all in one place and let it gradually grow with strong reproduction. Where as, you spread the seed too thin too fast and over watered it and all the anti bodies died.

Joking
Old 11-14-2021, 06:40 AM   #15
pjard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Unlike many reports of easy access to vaccinations from forum members, I had a very hard time getting my first vaccination due to state and federal website errors. As of today, I've made 3 unsuccessful in-person attempts to get a booster shot: Rite-Aid (website made an appointment for me even though my local store doesn't carry Pfizer), CVS (my local store does not accept walk-ins except on Mon and Tues 10:00-1:00), Hannaford (does not accept walk-ins). Those attempts were based on information at the store websites, CDC, state website, and, sad to say, from Fatlazyless (Plymouth CVS stopped walk-ins several weeks ago due to being overwhelmed).

Lesson: availability of the vaccines and what you need to do to get one vary by location. Don't trust these websites. Either call your local site or go there to get accurate information. Quote from my local pharmacist: "This mess is caused by the state's failure to manage vaccinations."
Went online yesterday and booked three appointments. It was a piece of cake other than it's going to take a few days. We'll see how it plays out.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:07 PM   #16
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Easy and efficient

We both had our booster vaccines at Huggins via appointment. Very efficiently run and painless so far. We had no complaints.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:52 PM   #17
fatlazyless

No appointment required, just show up and wait your turn: Plymouth Common Man Inn

Recently opened for covid vaccinations: Route 93, Exit 26; The Common Man Inn Event Room at 231 Main St, Plymouth

NH Health & Human Services vaccinations for covid is now open; Monday - Friday 10am - 7pm, Saturday 9am - 7pm

Info from Dec 7 Laconia Daily Sun

Gee whiz ..... I've already had three shots with the third in September. My government vaccination card actually has a fourth empty line for vaxx info.

If I showed up, there, and asked for a fourth shot, I wonder what they would tell me? If three are good medicine, then a fourth should be more better medicine.

Me want-um 4th shot ...... what U say NH Health & Human Services! ....

By the way, there's a happening little breakfast counter in there ...... close to the lobby in the rear of the building. ...... http://www.thecmaninnplymouth.com/di...se-shine-cafe/ ..... open 7-11am ...... menu link down below ...... so's you can get a Vaxx Shot done over easy along with two scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, whole wheat toast, and coffee ...... all in one shot ..... now that would really hit the spot!
Old 12-11-2021, 02:20 PM   #18
WinnisquamZ

WMUR is now reporting all booster blitz locations now taking walk ins because of all the no shows

Old 12-11-2021, 03:12 PM   #19
John Mercier

Weather was crappy, and Rite Aid has been doing walk-ins between 2pm-3pm for several weeks now.

I went to Bristol last Monday just after 2pm.
I was fourth in line, and out of the store in about 20 minutes.
It took longer to fill out the form than the wait for the shot.
Old 12-12-2021, 07:27 AM   #20
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Booster Blitz

Signed up for it on NH.gov. Drove into LRCC and 5 of us had our boosters! Out in 10 minutes! I canceled my appointment with Walgreens I made a month ago and still have not received my shot. Booster Blitz was way quicker! All 3 types were available!
I think NH.gov should have a monthly booster blitz to take the load off of the pharmacies.
Old 12-12-2021, 09:54 AM   #21
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Signed up for it on NH.gov. Drove into LRCC and 5 of us had our boosters! Out in 10 minutes! I canceled my appointment with Walgreens I made a month ago and still have not received my shot. Booster Blitz was way quicker! All 3 types were available!
I think NH.gov should have a monthly booster blitz to take the load off of the pharmacies.
Awesome! I love those mega sites. My second dose was at the Hynes Center in Boston--something like 90 stations going simultaneously, staffing included National Guard or similar, ran like clockwork with just a few minutes at each station. 20-25 vaccines/minute. A true testament to American strength and industrialization
Old 02-27-2022, 05:50 PM   #22
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Hey FLL: Is this you?
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
bigdog (02-28-2022), fatlazyless (07-08-2022), ITD (03-15-2022), rander7823 (03-01-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 07:32 AM   #23
fatlazyless

Better to be safe than to be sorry ...... is a phrase that everyone hears starting at a very young age.

Here in New Hampshire your third vaccination booster shot started happening in September and October of 2021 so that's about 5+ months ago.

Hey ..... if I could get a FOURTH shot I would be very happy to have it!

http://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/17/us...d-vaccine.html ....... hey there buddy ....... is 66% good enough for you! .....
Newbiesaukee (02-28-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 07:55 PM   #24
fatlazyless

Here, here....... http://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/15/us...americans.html ..... looks like my fourth vaccination shot could be available soon! ...... so, here's to that! .....
Old 06-30-2022, 06:59 AM   #25
fatlazyless

Actual day on trail, maybe June 25, 2022: Day #146, hiking the Appalachian Trail northbound, somewhere on the A.T. in north-west Connecticut. A married couple strongly suspect they caught a mild case of Covid while visiting in New York City a few days earlier and they are coping with it, the virus.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEpA-WWlExc .... June 30, 2022 ..... 12:52 ..... Appalachian Trail thru-hike 2022 - Day #146, walking from Georgia to Maine

After watching this video on hiking the A.T., my two-cent comment is that your Covid vaccinations will lessen the severity, and shorten the time needed to recover should you catch the virus, out there somewhere, while hiking that there yonder Appalachian Trail thru the lovely forested hills of north-west Connecticut and camping in a crowded lean-to, shelter with nine other grubby hikers. ...

Last edited by fatlazyless; 07-08-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:15 PM   #26
TheProfessor

"People who had severe illness with COVID-19 might experience organ damage affecting the heart, kidneys, skin and brain. Inflammation and problems with the immune system can also happen. It isn't clear how long these effects might last"

Source: Mayo Clinic.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:03 AM   #27
Fritoman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
"People who had severe illness with COVID-19 might experience organ damage affecting the heart, kidneys, skin and brain[/B]. Inflammation and problems with the immune system can also happen. It isn't clear how long these effects might last"

Sounds like a CNN commercial. Just another scare tactic.
Old 07-08-2022, 09:37 AM   #28
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Side effects

When you read about side effects regarding inoculations, chemotherapy, OTC drugs, etc., realize they will list all effects that occurred. Some will give a percentage, others not. In the many years of my wife's cancer treatment, everyone of them included "potentially fatal" or "death". This didn't mean she will die of the treatment, just during the trial one of more people did. The concern needs to be how many had this reaction/effect out of how many in the sample.

If anyone is concerned about the effects, talk to your healthcare professional, and not rely on an article that may or may not be factual.

JMHO

Dave
Old 07-08-2022, 09:42 AM   #29
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritoman View Post
I don't watch CNN, so I can't comment on that, but long COVID is a real thing for a significant number of people, though only a fraction of those who get COVID.

I'm pretty sure one of our members who believes we have overreacted to COVID has also acknowledged that he has (or at least had) long lasting symptoms.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:59 AM   #30
fatlazyless

Default ..... see vaccination #5 in September!

Coming to a New Hampshire CVS-pharmacy near you ...... a new Corona virus booster vaccination ...... your vaccination #5 ..... http://www.wmur.com/article/updated-...ember/40808415

And it certainly seems slightly wack-a-doozical ..... www.waterville.com/new-lift-updates ..... the Waterville Valley ski area has removed their old 4-seater chairlift and is replacing it with a 6-seater, bubble enclosed chairlift ...... the Corona virus is known to be more easiily transmitted in cold, dry air like inside an ice hockey arena .... so riding a 6-seat bubble chairlift with unknown persons is not too smart? .....

Named the White's Peak chair ..... will it unofficially become named ..... the Corona chair? ...... https://liftblog.com/2021/04/19/mnd-...rville-valley/ .... now under construction ..... https://www.waterville.com/cams

Last edited by fatlazyless; 08-08-2022 at 11:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
SailinAway (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 06:53 PM   #31
SailinAway

Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
"People who had severe illness with COVID-19 might experience organ damage affecting the heart, kidneys, skin and brain[/B]. Inflammation and problems with the immune system can also happen. It isn't clear how long these effects might last"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritoman View Post
A friend of mine died of an aortic dissection in March 2020 after flying to several countries where Covid was established. He had Covid symptoms for several days before he died but could not get diagnosed or treated during that time of chaos in the hospitals. You sure this is just a scare tactic?
Old 08-15-2022, 11:57 AM   #32
Seaplane Pilot

This guy got 4 shots of his own juice. I have no words.....

And coming from CNN, it can't be fake news.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/15/healt...ive/index.html
Old 08-15-2022, 03:04 PM   #33
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
This guy got 4 shots of his own juice. I have no words.....

And coming from CNN, it can't be fake news.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/15/healt...ive/index.html
Not surprising at all, especially since the symptoms are mild. As multiple Forum posters have detailed, the vaccines are not perfect. A bit odd you don't remember this?

For folks who believe in statistics, probability, data, etc--the vaccines have been shown to greatly reduce your chance of getting covid, and do even better at preventing serious effects. Tons of infor available if you Google something like "covid vaccine effectiveness", or "have covid vaccines saved lives"
Old 08-15-2022, 03:21 PM   #34
John Mercier

I think the most a vaccine can do is create a herd immunity.

Even the small pox vaccine was to be administered every ten years.

So after the last US case, we continued to use it for a few decades among the masses.
Old 08-15-2022, 03:30 PM   #35
Major

Default No valid study

I am sorry, but if you read Robert Kennedy's book, there is NO valid study as to the effectiveness of any COVID vaccine. As he did with AIDS vaccines, there are no studies conducted by Dr. Fraud of any COVID vaccine having a valid control group in which candidates were given no vaccine or a placebo. Dr. Fraud has a rich history of pumping ineffective vaccines and short circuiting the testing process. Unfortunately, there is no data showing the ineffectiveness (or effectiveness) of the COVID vaccines.

Also, you should read Robert Kennedy's book before you denounce it. It does not paint a pretty picture for the effectiveness and safety of vaccines in general. However, it is well researched and footnoted. The COVID vaccine is historically unsafe when compared to other vaccines.

Everyone has an antidotal story about someone who died of something that is relatively rare. The statistics that people should look at are average age of death (83+) and average number of co-morbidities (4+). It is old and sickly people who die with COVID, not necessarily from COVID. I am 57 and statistically speaking I have a better chance dying in a car accident than dying from COVID. The people who want to keep the COVID panic going will dispute this, but thems the "facts."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
DEJ (08-16-2022), Seaplane Pilot (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 04:26 PM   #36
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Not surprising at all, especially since the symptoms are mild. As multiple Forum posters have detailed, the vaccines are not perfect. A bit odd you don't remember this?

For folks who believe in statistics, probability, data, etc--the vaccines have been shown to greatly reduce your chance of getting covid, and do even better at preventing serious effects. Tons of infor available if you Google something like "covid vaccine effectiveness", or "have covid vaccines saved lives"
Oh don’t worry, I clearly remember. But I don’t believe the self-appointed experts on this forum. My position on this issue has not wavered, unlike the opinion of the “experts” at the CDC and Fauci himself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
DEJ (08-16-2022), Major (08-16-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 06:11 PM   #37
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I am sorry, but if you read Robert Kennedy's book, there is NO valid study as to the effectiveness of any COVID vaccine. As he did with AIDS vaccines, there are no studies conducted by Dr. Fraud of any COVID vaccine having a valid control group in which candidates were given no vaccine or a placebo. Dr. Fraud has a rich history of pumping ineffective vaccines and short circuiting the testing process. Unfortunately, there is no data showing the ineffectiveness (or effectiveness) of the COVID vaccines.

Also, you should read Robert Kennedy's book before you denounce it. It does not paint a pretty picture for the effectiveness and safety of vaccines in general. However, it is well researched and footnoted. The COVID vaccine is historically unsafe when compared to other vaccines.

Everyone has an antidotal story about someone who died of something that is relatively rare. The statistics that people should look at are average age of death (83+) and average number of co-morbidities (4+). It is old and sickly people who die with COVID, not necessarily from COVID. I am 57 and statistically speaking I have a better chance dying in a car accident than dying from COVID. The people who want to keep the COVID panic going will dispute this, but thems the "facts."
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04516746
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT05046548

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/22/94930...s-be-unblinded

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...sults-landmark

By the way, Dr. Fauci isn't responsible for doing or reviewing double-blind studies.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:55 AM   #38
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
Oh don’t worry, I clearly remember. But I don’t believe the self-appointed experts on this forum. My position on this issue has not wavered, unlike the opinion of the “experts” at the CDC and Fauci himself.
Not asking you to believe me or experts. But as I posted, I hope someday you'll consider statistics, data, probability, clinical trials, etc
Old 08-16-2022, 09:54 AM   #39
Major

Default Some information about vaccines

From Robert Kennedy's book.

Dr. Fauci has been in bed with vaccine manufacturers for decades. Here are six strategies that Dr. Fauci employed with the assistance of drug companies to greenlight new vaccines.

1. To abort the three-year clinical trials at six months and then vaccinate the controls - a preemption that would prevent detection of long-term injuries.

2. To refuse to fix HHS's designated-to-fail vaccine injury surveillance system (VAERS), which systematically suppresses reporting of most vaccine injuries.

3. To enlist mainstream and social media companies to make reporting of injuries and deaths disappear from the airwaves, newspapers, and the Internet, and therefore from public consciousness.

4. To discourage autopsies in deaths following vaccination.

5. To populate key FDA and CDC committees with NIAID, NIH, and Gates Foundation grantees and loyalists to insure rubber-stamp approvals of the mRNA vaccines, without any long-term studies.

6. To eliminate the control group to hid vaccine injuries by striving to vaccinate the entire population.

Kennedy uses the Pfizer vaccine as an example. "At this book's November 2021 publication date, only Phizer's COVID vaccine, known as Comirnaty, had won FDA approval. . . . The final summary of the Pfizer's six-month clinical trial data - the document that Pfizer submitted to the FDA to win approval - revealed one key data point that should have killed the intervention forever. Far more people died in the vaccine group than in the placebo group during Pfizer's clinical trials." Further, the Pfizer vaccine was shown to prevent a single COVID fatality among 22,000 vaccine recipients, whereas the placebo group had two deaths.

I am not an anti-vaxer. I was in the Army for 24 years and was a human pincushion for their vaccines. All I want to show is that we should have a healthy skepticism of our political and governmental leaders, and look to see what other motivations they have to justify what they are doing. Dr. Fauci has a long history in partnering with big Pharma and the Gates foundation, and as a result has achieved phenomenal personal wealth.
Old 08-16-2022, 10:28 AM   #40
FlyingScot

Quote:
From Robert Kennedy's book.

Dr. Fauci has been in bed with vaccine manufacturers for decades. Here are six strategies that Dr. Fauci employed with the assistance of drug companies to greenlight new vaccines.

1. To abort the three-year clinical trials at six months and then vaccinate the controls - a preemption that would prevent detection of long-term injuries.

2. To refuse to fix HHS's designated-to-fail vaccine injury surveillance system (VAERS), which systematically suppresses reporting of most vaccine injuries.

3. To enlist mainstream and social media companies to make reporting of injuries and deaths disappear from the airwaves, newspapers, and the Internet, and therefore from public consciousness.

4. To discourage autopsies in deaths following vaccination.

5. To populate key FDA and CDC committees with NIAID, NIH, and Gates Foundation grantees and loyalists to insure rubber-stamp approvals of the mRNA vaccines, without any long-term studies.

6. To eliminate the control group to hid vaccine injuries by striving to vaccinate the entire population.

Kennedy uses the Pfizer vaccine as an example. "At this book's November 2021 publication date, only Phizer's COVID vaccine, known as Comirnaty, had won FDA approval. . . . The final summary of the Pfizer's six-month clinical trial data - the document that Pfizer submitted to the FDA to win approval - revealed one key data point that should have killed the intervention forever. Far more people died in the vaccine group than in the placebo group during Pfizer's clinical trials." Further, the Pfizer vaccine was shown to prevent a single COVID fatality among 22,000 vaccine recipients, whereas the placebo group had two deaths.

I am not an anti-vaxer. I was in the Army for 24 years and was a human pincushion for their vaccines. All I want to show is that we should have a healthy skepticism of our political and governmental leaders, and look to see what other motivations they have to justify what they are doing. Dr. Fauci has a long history in partnering with big Pharma and the Gates foundation, and as a result has achieved phenomenal personal wealth.
You're not an anti-vaxer? Hahaha--stop making me laugh. This is your fourth or fifth post promoting the country's number one anti-vaxer. Robert Kennedy,as I've posted before, is an absolute nut who is opposed to all vaccines.

But to your other misleading points--Fauci does not "greenlight" vaccines. That is the FDA's job based on rigorous clinical trials. This and throwing in Gates is only fear mongering.

The Pharma industry is not perfect, and is often incredibly greedy. But has produced amazing results, and is keeping many of us alive, likely including your family members. This is the source of the vaccines.

For folks who do not trust Pharma to produce great drugs, the approval process, or the system in general--I encourage you to also stay away from your blood pressure medication, your statins, your insulin, your reflux meds, your Viagra...it's all coming from the same place

Last edited by FlyingScot; 08-16-2022 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-16-2022, 10:34 AM   #41
Major

Default Robert Kennedy

Before you judge, read the book. Otherwise you have absolutely no standing to weigh in or even comment on it. I have never read a book that was as well researched.

As for the other drugs - blood pressure medication, statins, insulin, reflux meds - I actually think people should avoid having to use these drugs by living healthier lifestyles. Don't think for a second that Big Pharma doesn't LOVE fat Americans! All the drugs you listed treat afflictions that are caused by poor diet and health choices. A person is much better off losing weight than using these drugs.
Old 08-16-2022, 10:50 AM   #42
Major

Default Dr. Fauci

He may not personally greenlight new drugs, but he wields tremendous power within his agency, which influences the FDA. He functions as the king maker for any new drug that treats infectious diseases. Answer this, why is he so wealthy? He rigged the system so that he gets a cut of royalties on patents developed by his agency in partnership with pharma companies. He has a vested, self interest in making sure that the vaccines that he participated in developing make it big. You would know this if you read Kennedy's book.
Old 08-16-2022, 11:02 AM   #43
FlyingScot

Quote:
Before you judge, read the book. Otherwise you have absolutely no standing to weigh in or even comment on it. I have never read a book that was as well researched.

As for the other drugs - blood pressure medication, statins, insulin, reflux meds - I actually think people should avoid having to use these drugs by living healthier lifestyles. Don't think for a second that Big Pharma doesn't LOVE fat Americans! All the drugs you listed treat afflictions that are caused by poor diet and health choices. A person is much better off losing weight than using these drugs.
I agree lifestyle changes are best. But as you so often do, you veer from the main point...

Kennedy's criticism of vaccines, and your own, is based on fear and conspiracy theories. These nutty critiques could just as easily be applied to Pharma and the FDA in general. But this presents a problem--all of us have loved ones being kept alive by the industry and processes you fear. We all know that our lives would be more difficult and much shorter without pharmaceuticals and the FDA.

The people keeping your blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, reflux, and cancer in check; and saved you from polio and a half-dozen other horrific diseases, are the same people who developed the covid vaccines.
Old 08-16-2022, 11:22 AM   #44
Major

Default Robert Kennedy

Actually, since you don't know me, I will tell you that I am not a fearful person. I was an engineer who became an attorney. As a youngster, I was good at math and science. I have a thing for statistics. I do not get off at promoting fear.

I look at the data without prejudice or disclaimer. To quote a great coach, it is what it is. Kennedy provides graphs of mortality versus year for vaccines including measles, pertussis (whatever that is!), influenza, tuberculosis, scarlet fever and polio, and without exception, the introduction of the vaccine had very little impact on reducing the rate of mortality. The polio graph is the one that surprised me, since as with everyone else, I was told that the polio vaccine eliminated polio. It did not. The rate of mortality was dropping by the time the live polio vaccine was introduced (circa 1960) and continued on the same downward trend until it was effectively eradicated in 1980.

As far as propagating fear, which side is propagating the most fear, the left about the so-called dangerousness of COVID or the right about having a skepticism about vaccines, lockdowns, social distancing, masks, etc. The government's reaction answers that question.
Old 08-16-2022, 12:59 PM   #45
John Mercier

So you went to the military and got about six vaccines that Kennedy has stated will either kill you, cripple you, or make you stupid.

Are you crippled?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand...h=9e15a8e7d5f7

Now, do you want to see how much Kennedy has made?
Old 08-16-2022, 01:18 PM   #46
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
So you went to the military and got about six vaccines that Kennedy has stated will either kill you, cripple you, or make you stupid.

Are you crippled?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand...h=9e15a8e7d5f7

Now, do you want to see how much Kennedy has made?
Did you read his book? Why do people have such a difficult time with nuance? There is a lot of gray in the area between absolutes. So according to you (and Scott, I guess) every vaccine is 100% safe and effective and if someone expresses some healthy skepticism, they believe that every vaccine is dangerous and ineffective. At least in this book, I did not read where he said that all these vaccines are expressly dangerous. However, his ultimate conclusion is that the benefits do not outweigh the risks. That's all. Again, read the book and come to your own conclusions. Have an open mind. I do.

I don't care how much Kennedy is worth. He's a private citizen who made his money by inheriting it and in the private sector, I guess. As taxpayers, we should be critical of those who make money when in office. Fauci is one of a long line of career bureaucrats who have become wealthy through so-called government service. See Biden, Pelosi, and the ilk. Yet the left is obsessed with people who made their money in the private sector and then decide to go into public service. See Trump.

And finally, no I am not crippled, but my wife would sometimes profess that I am profoundly stupid!
Old 08-16-2022, 02:20 PM   #47
FlyingScot

Quote:
Did you read his book? Why do people have such a difficult time with nuance?
Kennedy is a dangerous person whose primary tactic is to raise BS questions in the name of "nuance". His goal is to raise just enough doubt that a few gullible people send him money and/or skip vaccines that are very important to their health. But of course, there is no nuance with respect to the vaccines that are a standard part of US healthcare--they have saved millions of lives and are extremely safe. Thank goodness the vast majority of Americans are too smart to fall for his garbage.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:36 PM   #48
Major

I find it shameful that most Americans fell for the sky is falling, chicken little alarmists of the so-called dangerousness of the virus. I wish more Americans were smart enough to figure out this was a media and social media crisis used to scare us into compliance. If more Americans understood statistics and past histories of similar viruses, the unconstitutional lockdowns would have never happened. But hey, at least they are smart enough to stand in line for a vaccine that doesn't work and may be harmful.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
ApS (09-14-2023), Seaplane Pilot (08-16-2022), watermaker (10-20-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 02:42 PM   #49
John Mercier

No one claimed the vaccines were 100% effect or had no serious health effects to some members of the population.
You took at least six that have histories that are worse...
Where you an alarmist?

The only claim I refuted, is the false one that you inferred that Fauci made all his money from vaccines... and the other false one that he approves the vaccines. That would be like suggesting that President Trump personally approved the vaccines... which is also false.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:50 PM   #50
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
No one claimed the vaccines were 100% effect or had no serious health effects to some members of the population.
You took at least six that have histories that are worse...
Where you an alarmist?

The only claim I refuted, is the false one that you inferred that Fauci made all his money from vaccines... and the other false one that he approves the vaccines. That would be like suggesting that President Trump personally approved the vaccines... which is also false.
You provided a link that showed one year of income. My claim hasn't been proven false. Dr. Fauci is worth in excess of $10,000,000. How does a "civil servant" become so wealthy? He has earned millions in royalties in his career. Also, I am sure he has invested wisely, much like Mr. Nancy Pelosi.
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
watermaker (10-20-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 05:27 PM   #51
John Mercier

I'm younger than he, have made far less yearly, and have about two-thirds of his estimated wealth.

The secret... save and invest.