Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2017, 08:28 AM   #1
Tom T

Default Wolfeboro Snowmobile Club Trail Work Party

We are reaching out to all members and fellow riders to help participate in some trail work days if they can. Our first one will be this Saturday

We will meet 8:30am Sat Oct 21st at the parking lot above our snack shack on Route 171. It is about halfway between the Tuftonboro transfer station and Ledge Hill Rd.

We have 2 gas powered pole saws and a few sets of loppers. If anyone has loppers and/or hand saws please bring with you. I would also suggest if you have something orange that you please wear it as it is archery season. We will have water, oil and gas.

It is a great time and it has always been fun working with other members that enjoy the sport as much as we do. Hope to see many of you there.
Tom T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:52 PM   #2
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Unhappy ALL Clubs need HELP on these TRAIL DAYS!!!!!!

ALL Clubs need HELP on these TRAIL DAYS!!!!!!

Is it me or does it seam harder and harder each year to get "MEMBERS" out for just a few hours on a Saturday morning to help clear some brush back, put up a Fence or two, put up some Trail signs?

I was at our Clubs Board Meeting last night and this was on of the main topics of discussion. The outlook is bleak. A slice of Pizza or a Sub just does do it any more.

Thankfully we have a "Small" group of dedicated Retirees and People that have flexibility in their "Work" schedule that can spend some of their time to this endeavor. Unfortunately "AGE" is catching up to us.

You hear how Athletes BURNOUT, well this term applies to those that give THIER Time and Energy to "VOULUTEER". Step up and Help!!!

SHAME of THOSE who do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
ALL Clubs need HELP on these TRAIL DAYS!!!!!!

Is it me or does it seam harder and harder each year to get "MEMBERS" out for just a few hours on a Saturday morning to help clear some brush back, put up a Fence or two, put up some Trail signs?

I was at our Clubs Board Meeting last night and this was on of the main topics of discussion. The outlook is bleak. A slice of Pizza or a Sub just does do it any more.

Thankfully we have a "Small" group of dedicated Retirees and People that have flexibility in their "Work" schedule that can spend some of their time to this endeavor. Unfortunately "AGE" is catching up to us.

You hear how Athletes BURNOUT, well this term applies to those that give THIER Time and Energy to "VOULUTEER". Step up and Help!!!

SHAME of THOSE who do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is just another example of the dreaded 80/20 rule. 20% of the organization does 80% of the work. Our Masonic Lodge does a roadside cleanup on Route 11, about 2 miles of roadside. Our fervent hope is that we will get 8 people to help so that we can divide it up into one half mile sections. That would be eight people out of over a hundred members. Unfortunately, it is what it is. 2 miles of roadside cleanup pales in comparison to many miles of snowmobile trails. Thanks for all the clubs too.

Dave

Sent from my SM-G930V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Last edited by upthesaukee; 10-19-2017 at 10:34 PM.
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:46 AM   #4
Tom T

Default Wolfeboro Snowmobile Club Trail Work Party

Thank you to the members that showed up last Saturday. There was 7 of us and we had a good time and were able to get a lot accomplished. Stay tuned for time and place for this coming Saturday.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:37 AM   #5
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
This is just another example of the dreaded 80/20 rule. 20% of the organization does 80% of the work. Our Masonic Lodge does a roadside cleanup on Route 11, about 2 miles of roadside. Our fervent hope is that we will get 8 people to help so that we can divide it up into one half mile sections. That would be eight people out of over a hundred members. Unfortunately, it is what it is. 2 miles of roadside cleanup pales in comparison to many miles of snowmobile trails. Thanks for all the clubs too.

Dave

Sent from my SM-G930V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Dave, that is the size of it! I say "we will get done what we can before the snow flies" ad nauseum!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2017, 07:36 AM   #6
Tom T

Default WSC Trail Work Party

We will have another work party this Saturday Oct 28th we will meet at the snack shack parking lot @ 8.30. There will be an email going out to all club members if you are not a club member and still want to lend a hand we welcome all! Thanks
Old 10-25-2017, 09:54 AM   #7
boat_guy64

Default Community service hours

Many schools have a requirement for community service hours. My son collected all of his hours volunteering working on the trails. A few high school kids can tear through a lot of brush in short order. It might be a good idea for clubs to call your local guidance departments and let them know you can provide them with an avenue for community service. A second benefit is that my son really gained a respect for the trails and the work that it takes to maintain them.
boat_guy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #8
Tom T

Default WSC trail work

Not to copy MSC but we also need help in assessing the trails

We are not going to schedule a formal work party this week, we ask if there are any members or followers of our page that live near a trail if they could walk it and report back to us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/Wolf...nowmobileClub/ or send us an email through http://www.wolfeborosnowmobileclub.com/ .

If you see significant damage please take some pictures and send. We will be out to scout as much as we can ourselves so we can schedule the next couple of weekends. If we took a big hit will reach out early we will need a lot of help to clean up.

Keep in mind we are not the only club that will need help assessing damage, in your travels if you are out hunting, hiking etc, take a note most of the clubs have a facebook page, reach out the them I am sure they can use the help
Thanks for the help and support
Old 11-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #9
Tom T

Default WSC Trail Work Party

It won’t be long before the ground starts freezing up and we see some snow! Trail work has been progressing but still have work left. A few of us are fortunate enough to have a long weekend coming up, if you have a few hours that you can spare we could use the help.

We need to do some more brushing and start putting up our signs and check existent ones. We have a lot of area to cover! Please let us know early this week if you can make a Friday or Saturday work party or both. When we have a count will let you know where we will meet.

Thank you to the ones of you that have already volunteered this year we have got a lot accomplished with your help.

Have a great week and go Pats