Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2016, 01:33 PM   #1
Phantom

Default Great App for Smart Phones- WAZE

Okay, so I find out I'm a little behind the times as this App, developed by Google, has been out since approximately 2013 .... but perhaps your like me and never heard of it until now.

I test drove the Free App this weekend on the way to and from the Lake starting in Central MA ... that's Rte 290, up 495, Rte3, Rte 93 and into Lakes Region by exit 20 and found it INCREDIBLY accurate .... meaning, it gives advance warning of traffic slow downs,(and if in "Route mode" will offer alternative routing), vehicles on the side of the road, construction areas and my favorite -- police location. This is all done by a network of Facebook active followers so it's fairly up to date and seems quite reliable -- from what we encountered.

My thinking is-- if I spread the word, then the secondary roads (Rte 11, Rte 25, etc.) will become more accurate as more of us use this APP.

REMEMBER -- do not Text and drive -- let your "navigator" do the typing. Supposedly there is a voice recognition Name:  waze2.JPG
Views: 1248
Size:  23.6 KB

Name:  waze1.JPG
Views: 1305
Size:  54.8 KBfeature, but I haven't unscrambled that as yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRXSWXNF-fw
Attached Images