Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Merrymeeting

Default Road posting

Like the wait for ice-out, it appears that the annual rite of road postings has begun. For those of you who may not know what this means, it is when a town posts a road as only passable by vehicles under a certain weight until the frost leaves the ground under the road. The intent is to prevent heavy loads from breaking up the asphalt where voids have been created by frost.

I noticed this week that Kings Highway/Middleton Road is now posted (the right turn off of Rt 28 in Wolfeboro, where 28 turns left, and Weston Auto Body is straight ahead).

Does anyone know of a website where you can find current, reliable, information on road postings? I found this one but it only seems to list state highways.

http://tr.511nh.com/

As far as I know, postings are done on a town by town basis. I didn't find anything on the Wolfeboro town website.

Knowing this would be important to you if you are planning on getting a delivery of an appliance or something else similar that might come in a truck that would be restricted.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote