Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2021, 07:38 AM   #201
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
It took two hours on hold but I got through on 211 this morning. We're now on a call back list to schedule our second appointment. I was told i will get a call within two weeks and the second shot will be within 7 days of the recommended date.
We went through 2 days of checking several times per hour and the earliest we could schedule was March 27th; 3 weeks late. So we finally did that. We also talked to a 211 person yesterday and provided our contact info. We got the same promise of a call back to reschedule.

One downside of scheduling a date is that you can no longer check to see if anything earlier is available unless you cancel the appointment that you already have.
Old 02-06-2021, 11:03 AM   #202
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default Lrcc

As some have experienced, our appointed went unflawed.

Appointment time- Friday, 2/5- 5:40pm.
As WE entered the lot, there was a lit sign saying do not arrive more than ten minutes before your appointment- well, if you didn't already know this, and were concerned about being late (long lines, etc.)- anyway, moot point.

We pulled into the lot at 5:25 (eek!- five minutes early!). By the time we went through 2-3 "stations" (courteous and professional), we were right on the dot.

A questionnaire, which did not get collected, and a separate document for me (the "add on person" (they called it the plus-one, a process that went well) which they did keep- name/address/email.

A soldier came to the car, confirmed who we are, and the "shot" was the next step.

The male nurse giving the shot arrived and explained who he was (from out of district) and assured us of his abilities.

Got the shot (Moderna)- gave us cards recording the event- 5:55, emergency blinkers on for 15 minutes while sitting in the lot- 6:10- no reactions and on our way!!! We were told 28 days for the next one.

Here's to getting the second part just done just as easily!
Old 02-07-2021, 07:32 AM   #203
smith point boater

Default 2nd appt

Slick - what you need to do is both register (which assume you are)with a plus one. Keep searching til ONE of you gets the appt. Then the other person keeps looking until you get an earlier appt and take that one. then cancel the first one and start looking again until you get an earlier one then start the process over again My wife and I kept leap- frogging until we got what we wanted. BTW we were researching 4 sites Belmont, Concord, Hooksett, Dover - Would not have bothered us to drive to any of those. Good luck moving on up
Old 02-07-2021, 09:39 AM   #204
tummyman

Finally had success this morning, but had to take a site in Concord on Loudon Rd. Only place that had an opening at the correct interval. So I have about a 45 mile drive to get 2nd shot. All other locations had no appointments in March except 8 weeks out from out 1st shot. Spent yesterday and made maybe 25 inquires all day long but had zero success. I am hoping this is an outdoor site like we visited in Plymouth.

So March 2nd is a "go". Now hope wife will be able to get her shot at the same time, as we did put her name down on my application. If so, we will cancel a later in the week appointment for her.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #205
rick35

We were able to book March 3rd in Concord. It's farther away than we'd like but at least we're scheduled. If we get a call back to schedule in Nashua we'll cancel Concord but I'm not very trusting. And I'm not looking forward to being on hold again for two hours. I can recite the recording by heart now.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #206
Slickcraft

We also just got appointments in Concord for March 3rd, our first day of eligibility.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:50 PM   #207
Woody38

Default vaccine apt

My wife and I had appointments for the vaccine on the same day at different locations. I dropped my wife off and waited for he. Then I needed to use a bathroom so I went in and asked if I could do that. The kind young lady said I could get the vaccine if I wanted. She asked if I was eligible. Yes. So she put me in line. in registering I tolk the young man I had an appt. later at another location. No problem. He cancelled that and made me one there. Done.
We both now have appt. at the same time, same place for the second dose.
They had plenty vaccine available and are anxious to vaccinate everyone.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic
Old 02-07-2021, 04:21 PM   #208
TheTimeTraveler

The recent posts indicate good news regarding the increasing ability to schedule Vaccine appointments.

It appears the supply is slowly increasing (albeit very slowly) and this is really good news for all our senior citizens.

Let's hope the vaccine supplies continue ramping up so that everyone who wants a vaccine can finally get one over the next few months.

Without a doubt, there will continue to be "glitches" along the way! Think positive.

Last edited by TheTimeTraveler; 02-07-2021 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:56 PM   #209
Flyfisha

Default Concord

Tummyman
The Concord site is in the old Sears auto service building. They pull up the huge garage doors and take 8 cars at a time. No need to leave your vehicle. I noticed a distinct improvement in their organization from my first to my second injection.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flyfisha For This Useful Post:
rick35 (02-08-2021), Slickcraft (02-08-2021), tummyman (02-07-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 09:30 PM   #210
tummyman

Flyfisha.....perfect. Thanks so much for the great info. Really appreciate it. One last thing...I assume it is the Moderna vaccine they are issuing?
Old 02-08-2021, 09:29 AM   #211
Steveo

Default Moderna at Concord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
Flyfisha.....perfect. Thanks so much for the great info. Really appreciate it. One last thing...I assume it is the Moderna vaccine they are issuing?
Yes Concord is giving out Moderna.

BTW: This morning, all the major sites have plenty of availability first week in March. They finally got it together.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:00 AM   #212
rick35

I took my chances and cancelled our Concord appointment and was able to book March 2nd in Nashua. Better a 15 minute ride than 45.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:03 AM   #213
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Naive question...???

I read somewhere that it’s not suggested that a person take Tylenol or ibuprofen prior to the injection (to ward off unpleasant reactions) because doing so could/would reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine. It would be helpful to hear yay or nay from our forum medical geniuses. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:33 AM   #214
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
I read somewhere that it’s not suggested that a person take Tylenol or ibuprofen prior to the injection (to ward off unpleasant reactions) because doing so could/would reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine. It would be helpful to hear yay or nay from our forum medical geniuses. Thanks.

Correct. Can affect clotting of the blood

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
GregW11 (02-08-2021), Sue Doe-Nym (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 11:42 AM   #215
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
No one really knows, but it seems prudent not to take these just to prevent vaccination discomfort. The theory behind ibuprofen is that it is anti inflammatory and you want the inflammation to aid immunity. Tylenol is not anti inflammatory and the explanation is a bit more esoteric. But this is all theoretic.

OTOH, some people take 81mg aspirin or other anti inflammatory meds daily for medical reasons and should consult the prescribing physician, not the internet.

Taking these after vaccination if you get symptoms seems OK.

I had the expected side effects from the first, but still will not take the meds before the second.

NSAIDs can interfere with clotting, Tylenol does not, but I do not believe that is part of this discussion. People on blood thinners may bleed more from an injection but, again, discuss with the prescribing physician.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
Diana (02-08-2021), Sue Doe-Nym (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 12:04 PM   #216
Sue Doe-Nym

Newbiesaukee, I tried a THANKS to you, but it wouldn’t let me. Thanks for your help! This information should help many here. 😎
Old 02-08-2021, 12:20 PM   #217
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Newbiesaukee, I tried a THANKS to you, but it wouldn’t let me. Thanks for your help! This information should help many here. 😎
I had inadvertently duplicated my post, then deleted.

So many have helped me on the Forum for so many years, it’s nice to be able to help.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:55 AM   #218
gravy boat

Default Side Effects

Our daughter is 28 and is very healthy and trim (works out and kick boxes).
She works in MA for a non-profit -- she is a mental health counselor and as such received the vaccine.
She received Moderna. First dose a few weeks ago and only a sore arm.
Second dose this past Monday and 10-12 hours later she had a horrible headache, terrible muscle aches and could barely get out of bed. That lasted about 12 hours.

I know some have few side effects.
Just sharing that it could be bad for some, even those young and healthy.
Hopefully you all have few to no side effects.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:25 AM   #219
bobkatfly

Default LRCC today

Jeep, thanks for the detailed report. My wife and I have a 12:40 appointment today for the first shot. Going to follow your arrival time experience. Almost a hour ride for us (with our 1 year and 4 year old grandkids in tow) so have to get ready now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
As some have experienced, our appointed went unflawed.
Appointment time- Friday, 2/5- 5:40pm.
As WE entered the lot, there was a lit sign saying do not arrive more than ten minutes before your appointment- well, if you didn't already know this, and were concerned about being late (long lines, etc.)- anyway, moot point.

We pulled into the lot at 5:25 (eek!- five minutes early!). By the time we went through 2-3 "stations" (courteous and professional), we were right on the dot.

A questionnaire, which did not get collected, and a separate document for me (the "add on person" (they called it the plus-one, a process that went well) which they did keep- name/address/email.

A soldier came to the car, confirmed who we are, and the "shot" was the next step.

The male nurse giving the shot arrived and explained who he was (from out of district) and assured us of his abilities.

Got the shot (Moderna)- gave us cards recording the event- 5:55, emergency blinkers on for 15 minutes while sitting in the lot- 6:10- no reactions and on our way!!! We were told 28 days for the next one.

Here's to getting the second part just done just as easily!

Amherst till the big 66 comes (made it!)
Winter Harbor/Mirror Lake till the big guy comes
Old 02-11-2021, 01:05 PM   #220
Blue Thunder

This thread is getting pretty long in the tooth but I’ll add my experience anyway.
I am a First Responder in Mass. I got my first dose (Moderna) in Mid January and second dose exactly 28 days later. I had no discomfort with the first dose and only a sore arm for two days with the second. IMPORTANT point for me is that I had the virus in September. The speculation for now is that since I had the virus my body had already started to build the antibodies therefore the second shot didn’t give me any side effects. Not the case with many of my coworkers though. Fever, chills, fatigue etc for about 12-24 hours....

BT
Sue Doe-Nym (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 01:23 PM   #221
bobkatfly

Default LRCC update today

Just finished. Went smooth. Got Pfizer and second appt. one month out.

The Following User Says Thank You to bobkatfly For This Useful Post:
barefootbay (02-15-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 04:25 PM   #222
SailinAway

I experienced two system errors. My first registration didn't go through, but I wasn't notified of that for 9 days. There was no sign of any problem when I registered. When I reregistered, I couldn't get an appointment until April 10---10 weeks after my neighbor, who registered at the same time as me. Then the system notified me a second time that my registration didn't go through---it took an hour on the phone to figure out that wasn't true.

Warning: if you don't get the promised email within 48 hours, reregister.

This kind of system error means that older people who should have been vaccinated earlier will end up in the younger group at a later date.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:00 PM   #223
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Cancellation by NH

I wonder what’s going to happen with appointments that were cancelled state-wide for tomorrow due to the storm. Are those people now going to be pushed out for many weeks/months? Our first shot is scheduled for this Thursday late, and we’re hoping to beat the next storm scheduled for Thursday P.M.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:18 PM   #224
SailinAway

Quote:
I wonder what’s going to happen with appointments that were cancelled state-wide for tomorrow due to the storm. Are those people now going to be pushed out for many weeks/months? Our first shot is scheduled for this Thursday late, and we’re hoping to beat the next storm scheduled for Thursday P.M.
WMUR says that Tuesday appointments will be rescheduled for later this week and that officials will call people to reschedule.

https://www.wmur.com/article/some-ne...storm/35509121
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (02-15-2021), TheTimeTraveler (02-15-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 08:58 PM   #225
tummyman

We had our first shot rescheduled....was to be Feb 2, but they moved everyone to Feb 1st due to storm forecast. I had heard that they had at least one day a week set aside in case they had to make a mass cancellation. We got an email moving the date and saying that our times were exactly the same. So I suspect they already have a plan and it will be easy. But fingers crossed !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by tummyman; 02-15-2021 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 02-24-2021, 09:24 AM   #226
ApS

Arrow Florida Vaccinations Draw Canadians...

Not everyone is happy...

https://www-thestar-com.cdn.ampproje...ask-ellie.html
Old 02-25-2021, 05:47 AM   #227
smith point boater

Default 2nd shots

Wife and I both got our 2nd shots - as scheduled - on Tuesday. Again at LRCC. Process was much smoother than the first time and we were in and out in 45 min. including the 15 minute post shot wait.

FYI - Make sure you remind the shot giver that you are there for 2nd shot. They were prepared for my 2nd shot but for some reason thought my wife was her first. Quickly clarified and the person just went and got a different syringe.
There is a slight difference in the 2nd shot "formula" so make sure you get the right one

Hope you all get your shots soon!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to smith point boater For This Useful Post:
Slickcraft (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 08:48 AM   #228
Sue Doe-Nym

Smith Point Boater, we are wondering whether you had reactions to the 2nd shot, other than sore arm, etc? We understand the 2nd dose is stronger. We are booked on a flight about 36 hours after the shots, which is probably cutting it close. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:04 AM   #229
Newbiesaukee

Although, the second dose of the mRNA vaccines have been said to have more side effects, I can not find any reliable references that the second dose is in anyway different from the first. The only references I can find state they are exactly the same.

My personal experience is really of no value to answer the question but my wife and I had our second Moderna yesterday. For the first shot, my wife had a sore arm and I had a sore arm as well as a headache, weakness, nausea which lasted less than a day. With the second shot, I have a sore arm and my wife is in bed with chills, headache, fatigue and nausea. I’m certain she’ll feel better later.

We’re both happy to have had them and the National Guard, this time at Plymouth, were terrific.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
Slickcraft (02-25-2021), Sue Doe-Nym (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 09:25 AM   #230
Newbiesaukee

This is from CDC website. My wife is awake and feels much better.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (02-25-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 07:32 AM   #231
smith point boater

Default Reaction

Sue - As with the first shot we both had sore arms (at injection site ) about 12 hrs later. It lasted less than 24 hrs for me. On the 2nd shot my wife had some muscle pain near her hip (not a pull or strain) overnite. She took 2 Ibuprofin and it went away by mid day Wednesday.

We had heard many varying reaction stories - all true. 2 daughter in laws in their 30's (they are in the medical field) had much harsher reactions. Feel we were lucky to get away with minor issues both times. I've read the reaction is worse the younger you are. We are 66/65. Whatever it is its worth it - 2 more weeks and we'll be as protected as we can be.

FYI We waited 24hrs and are on the road to Florida for a long awaited trip

Good luck with yours
The Following User Says Thank You to smith point boater For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (02-26-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 06:16 AM   #232
CK5 Truck

IDK how old most of you are here, but it seems most want the shot but seem to be nervous about when they will be able to get it. I have a customer who is a Phizer executive and this is what he has explained to me, MOST of this whole thing is political, yes people have died and that is serious, this vaccine that everyone was in a hurry to get out was actually ready 3 weeks BEFORE the election, BUT the political powers that be kept it delayed so Trump wouldnt get any positive press. Even more sinister than that is he says there are no less than 6 drug therapies available and have been available, but if your diagnosis is COVID 19 your Dr was not allowed to prescribe it, the diagnosis had to be something along the lines of upper respiratory infection. This is absolutely TRUE as I had a particularly horrible case of COVID in the beginning and and it took me describing to my Dr I think Im dying that she changed my diagnosis to upper respiratory infection where I received one of the Rx and within 48 hrs I was back to my normal self even though the Rx was 4x a day for almost a month. Ive never worn a mask throughout and I have never been sick since. If anyone reading this gets COVID (bad case) ask to have diagnosis called upper resperatory infection so you can be treated or esle get a new Dr. Playing politics with peoples lives is just plain evil.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CK5 Truck For This Useful Post:
DEJ (02-28-2021), Descant (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 07:15 AM   #233
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK5 Truck View Post
IDK how old most of you are here, but it seems most want the shot but seem to be nervous about when they will be able to get it. I have a customer who is a Phizer executive and this is what he has explained to me, MOST of this whole thing is political, yes people have died and that is serious, this vaccine that everyone was in a hurry to get out was actually ready 3 weeks BEFORE the election, BUT the political powers that be kept it delayed so Trump wouldnt get any positive press. Even more sinister than that is he says there are no less than 6 drug therapies available and have been available, but if your diagnosis is COVID 19 your Dr was not allowed to prescribe it, the diagnosis had to be something along the lines of upper respiratory infection. This is absolutely TRUE as I had a particularly horrible case of COVID in the beginning and and it took me describing to my Dr I think Im dying that she changed my diagnosis to upper respiratory infection where I received one of the Rx and within 48 hrs I was back to my normal self even though the Rx was 4x a day for almost a month. Ive never worn a mask throughout and I have never been sick since. If anyone reading this gets COVID (bad case) ask to have diagnosis called upper resperatory infection so you can be treated or esle get a new Dr. Playing politics with peoples lives is just plain evil.
It's so weird how even the UK is in on the conspiracy since, well, they only approved it 10 days earlier with a much shorter evaluation process that was, in fact, criticized by many.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ope-and-the-us

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 02-28-2021, 07:59 AM   #234
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith point boater View Post
Sue - As with the first shot we both had sore arms (at injection site ) about 12 hrs later. It lasted less than 24 hrs for me. On the 2nd shot my wife had some muscle pain near her hip (not a pull or strain) overnite. She took 2 Ibuprofin and it went away by mid day Wednesday.

We had heard many varying reaction stories - all true. 2 daughter in laws in their 30's (they are in the medical field) had much harsher reactions. Feel we were lucky to get away with minor issues both times. I've read the reaction is worse the younger you are. We are 66/65. Whatever it is its worth it - 2 more weeks and we'll be as protected as we can be.

FYI We waited 24hrs and are on the road to Florida for a long awaited trip

Good luck with yours
Reading this does not give me that warm and fuzzy feeling! I had the first shot 28 days ago and had no reaction at all. The second shot is at noon today so we shall see........

I am picking someone up at the airport at 2:30 PM. Maybe I should tell them to take an Uber and come home and go back to bed.
Old 02-28-2021, 08:22 AM   #235
Newbiesaukee

The warm and fuzzy feeling should come with your ability to get your second shot.

In a perfect world, it would be better, in my personal non-professional opinion, if you could make other airport arrangements for your guest.

You’ve given yourself a very tight time window. Stuff happens. Get your shot,go home and get on with your life.

Old 02-28-2021, 09:14 AM   #236
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK5 Truck View Post
MOST of this whole thing is political
Most of this whole thing is 500,000 dead Americans.

The rest of your post is also full of misinformation and conspiracy theories, but I'm pretty sure everybody understands that by now.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
BrownstoneNorth (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 10:01 AM   #237
DEJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Most of this whole thing is 500,000 dead Americans.

The rest of your post is also full of misinformation and conspiracy theories, but I'm pretty sure everybody understands that by now.
So according to you the Phizer Exec. is a conspiracy spreader. Come on man.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:08 AM   #238
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Word of caution...

If this discussion becomes too political, the entire thread will disappear, so tread lightly. I speak from experience.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:59 AM   #239
ApS

Question Cancel Culture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
It's so weird how even the UK is in on the conspiracy since, well, they only approved it 10 days earlier with a much shorter evaluation process that was, in fact, criticized by many
The US was informed on November 4th, 2020.

CDC: 1918 Spanish Flu killed an estimated 675,000.

Quote:
"Dr. Anthony Fauci, then a member of the coronavirus task force and now President Biden's top medical adviser, suggested that 100,000 to 200,000 might be the total number."
Quote:
If this discussion becomes too political, the entire thread will disappear, so tread lightly. I speak from experience.
Maybe not "disappear", but may be "locked".

A member posts a picture of a U.S. postage stamp? Heaven forfend!
Old 02-28-2021, 11:23 AM   #240
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
So according to you the Phizer Exec. is a conspiracy spreader. Come on man.
No--I did not say that. I said that CK5 Truck, an anonymous person with 3 posts on this forum, is spreading conspiracies.

Specifically--he called a virus that's caused 500,000 American deaths mostly political, he attributed something to an unnamed Pfizer exec that no Pfizer exec with actual knowledge would say, and he asserted that masks don't matter because he only caught COVID-19 once.

It's funny that a veteran poster such as yourself would assume that a newbie's post on a hot topic would be accurate. I could see accepting or rejecting something more quickly from another veteran based on that person's previous posts. But a new name on an anonymous forum...?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
BrownstoneNorth (02-28-2021), JanN (02-28-2021), JEEPONLY (03-06-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 12:21 PM   #241
DEJ

My apology, I was not aware that the number of post's someone has makes them more credible than others. I also did not realize unity is a one way street. To each their own I guess.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:34 PM   #242
Kamper

FWIW: I got a call on Friday to move my date from April 3, to yesterday, February 27. The later date was the earliest available (within 50 miles) at the time. I suspected and had it confirmed at the 'shooting gallery' that the drugstore location had only been finalized and stocked that week and the NH vaccination program was scrambling to fill the newly available slots.

If you are in a similar situation you may get a call also. If you haven't gotten a call yet you might want to call 211/social services to inquire about moving up your shot and let them know you may be available on short notice to go to a new vaccination site if one opens up near you.

Good luck!
Old 02-28-2021, 02:00 PM   #243
Newbiesaukee

Just to clarify certain aspects of the so-called "inside" Pfizer story.

The basic idea about this "inside" information is factually flawed.

Basically, in the U.S., physicians are able to write a prescription for any medication which has been approved for any use. I can legally write a prescription for, example, hydroxychloroquine to treat toenail fungus and the pharmacist will fill it. Actually, writing a prescription does not require a diagnosis and the pharmacist will fill it. So the emphasis on the diagnosis of "upper respiratory infection" vs. Covid makes no sense on its surface and this seems to be the key to the poster's discussion. I admit to not really understanding his point.

Now, writing a prescription for hydroxychloroquine would open me up for malpractice suits, refusal of the insurance company to pay for; and any number of penalties...but not in anyway that would resemble what the poster wrote.

Certainly, I see no distinction in writing the diagnosis of Covid vs "upper respiratory infection" in any way that makes any medical; or, for that matter, any political sense. I don't understand how this would effect Pfizer in any practical way.

It's unfortunate that this helpful thread has been hijacked.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
Descant (02-28-2021), Diana (03-01-2021), Flyfisha (02-28-2021), FlyingScot (02-28-2021), Slickcraft (02-28-2021), thinkxingu (02-28-2021), tummyman (02-28-2021), winniplayhouse (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 05:40 PM   #244
FlyingScot

Quote:
My apology, I was not aware that the number of post's someone has makes them more credible than others. I also did not realize unity is a one way street. To each their own I guess.
A person's previous posts are critical to their credibility and understanding their bias.

If I post something, just for example, it's likely to have a liberal to moderate slant, often based on something I read in the NY Times, and likely to be true.

Similarly, if we take Garysanfran as another example, it's likely to have a conservative slant, often based on something he read in the WSJ or Forbes, and also likely to be true.

People such as Gary, me, Think, Sue, ishoot, Maxum, Newbiesaukee...all appreciate that we are leaving long electronic trails. This enables others to evaluate their posts and credibility over time
Old 02-28-2021, 06:52 PM   #245
gravy boat

Understanding their bias? Yes.

Critical to their credibility? Negative.

This is social media. More posts do not prove someone credible on any subject or in general.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gravy boat For This Useful Post:
BoatHouse (03-10-2021), DEJ (03-01-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 07:57 PM   #246
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat View Post
Understanding their bias? Yes.

Critical to their credibility? Negative.

This is social media. More posts do not prove someone credible on any subject or in general.
I agree with you that “more posts don’t necessarily prove someone credible on any subject” , but over time, you can get the gist of a poster’s leanings, whether conservative or liberal, and this can be helpful as you determine for yourself the credibility of position (s) they have taken. Anyhow, that’s how I interpreted Flying’s latest post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (03-01-2021), Newbiesaukee (03-01-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 09:19 PM   #247
ApS

Arrow "Sky" News from Australia—NOT "Pablum News"...

Quote:
A person's previous posts are critical to their credibility and understanding their bias.

If I post something, just for example, it's likely to have a liberal to moderate slant, often based on something I read in the NY Times, and likely to be true.

Similarly, if we take Garysanfran as another example, it's likely to have a conservative slant, often based on something he read in the WSJ or Forbes, and also likely to be true.

People such as Gary, me, Think, Sue, ishoot, Maxum, Newbiesaukee...all appreciate that we are leaving long electronic trails. This enables others to evaluate their posts and credibility over time
1) While "leaving long electronic trails", some don't know what country has taken control of Forbes!

2) Sky News' accounts of U.S. vaccinations strongarm U.S. "Pablum":

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_...9001?id=539437
Old 02-28-2021, 09:49 PM   #248
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Conservative vs Liberal?

When DES lets too much water out of the lake and I can't use my dock is that C or L? I don't really care. I'm just upset that they, a government agency, took x weeks out of my boating season.

When I go to Town Meeting, I see a lot of friends, some Dems, some Republicans. LOTS of undeclared. We all vote on what we think is best for the town. (Budget, tax rate) We all know what we think, independently. If you listen to Bret Baer or David Muir and vote accordingly, you aren't C or L, you're an idiot. Double that if your philosophy comes from a "national" newspaper, (NYT, LA times) exception granted to the Christian Science Monitor.
Getting honest information these days is a lot harder than it was a few years ago, pre-internet, pre 24 hour cable news, which is opinion pretending to be news.
For me, the Winnipesaukee Forum should be about peeing in Braun Bay and Milfoil in Back Bay, not conservative or liberal national politics.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
DEJ (03-01-2021), tummyman (03-01-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 03:47 AM   #249
DEJ

Default Best post ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descant View Post
if you listen to bret baer or david muir and vote accordingly, you aren't c or l, you're an idiot. Double that if your philosophy comes from a "national" newspaper, (nyt, la times) exception granted to the christian science monitor.
For me, the winnipesaukee forum should be about peeing in braun bay and milfoil in back bay, not conservative or liberal national politics.
bravo!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to DEJ For This Useful Post:
codeman671 (03-01-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 06:26 AM   #250
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
The warm and fuzzy feeling should come with your ability to get your second shot.

In a perfect world, it would be better, in my personal non-professional opinion, if you could make other airport arrangements for your guest.

You’ve given yourself a very tight time window. Stuff happens. Get your shot,go home and get on with your life.
It's all good! I had the second shot yesterday at noon and picked up my guest at the airport. No ill effects, nothing. Up early this morning and drinking coffee. Feeling great!

However, out of an abundance of caution, I skipped going to the gym and working out yesterday. (I figured, I haven's gone for 30 years, why start now)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
BoatHouse (03-10-2021), codeman671 (03-01-2021), Newbiesaukee (03-01-2021), smith point boater (03-01-2021), Sue Doe-Nym (03-01-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 07:10 AM   #251
ApS

Red face Bill Gates, Trying to Outdo Elon Musk...

Far out!

Bill Gates puts forward the concept of needles everywhere:
https://www.blacklistednews.com/arti...-you-with.html

GMO sucks, while GMM is the future of vaccines.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:46 AM   #252
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
However, out of an abundance of caution, I skipped going to the gym and working out yesterday. (I figured, I haven's gone for 30 years, why start now)
Pandemic home exercise:

What works really great as a home style physical fitness, at home exercise, during the pandemic when you don't want to hit the local gym is a 6-lb, $60, Health Hoops - Korean, weighted hula-hoop.

It strengthens the mid-section area; the abs, the lower back, the glutes, the hips and reduces size of your waist line. It is a cardio vascular work-out!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgAS6fhMZkw ....... weighted hula-hoop exercise with Heather....

Plus, it is fun to do, with some good strong exercise music going on!

....... no pain ...... no gain! .....

More energized, faster ..... www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAtGBG_7ICY ......... 'Hula Hoop Workout mit Regina Hickst' (in German)

Last edited by fatlazyless; 03-02-2021 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:07 AM   #253
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
When DES lets too much water out of the lake and I can't use my dock is that C or L? I don't really care. I'm just upset that they, a government agency, took x weeks out of my boating season.

When I go to Town Meeting, I see a lot of friends, some Dems, some Republicans. LOTS of undeclared. We all vote on what we think is best for the town. (Budget, tax rate) We all know what we think, independently. If you listen to Bret Baer or David Muir and vote accordingly, you aren't C or L, you're an idiot. Double that if your philosophy comes from a "national" newspaper, (NYT, LA times) exception granted to the Christian Science Monitor.
Getting honest information these days is a lot harder than it was a few years ago, pre-internet, pre 24 hour cable news, which is opinion pretending to be news.
For me, the Winnipesaukee Forum should be about peeing in Braun Bay and Milfoil in Back Bay, not conservative or liberal national politics.
I pretty much agree. My "political" posts are almost always in response to other posters' misinformation on COVID-19. (and BTW, it saddens me greatly that these things are used/viewed as political.) I write them because I think misinformation on the virus is really dangerous and needs to be stopped.

I also agree that people should not take their philosophy from newspapers. But one thing that the national newspapers have is a group of smart people working very hard to get the facts right and report the news (leaving aside their articles labelled "Opinion"). This is not the case on a huge number of other sources. We should all be working to distinguish reliable sources from unreliable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (03-01-2021), Sue Doe-Nym (03-01-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 09:38 AM   #254
DEJ

"But one thing that the national newspapers have is a group of smart people working very hard to get the facts right and report the news"

Sorry to disagree with you, IMO most national news papers rarely print facts, they print mostly their left or right leaning opinion.
tummyman (03-01-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 12:55 PM   #255
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Vaccinations

Ja notice? The papers haven't been reporting all those horrible numbers of flu deaths and hospitalizations as they do most years. In this case, they got it right. Virtually nobody got the flu this year. Great vaccine last fall? Masks and social distancing? Same thing for the common cold. Nobody went to school or work with a cold this year. Presumably, future corporate policies will encourage remote work instead of "using up a sick day" or a vacation day. If we can keep some of these lessons in place instead of returning to "normal" we may have a big step forward in public health.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:32 PM   #256
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Ja notice? The papers haven't been reporting all those horrible numbers of flu deaths and hospitalizations as they do most years. In this case, they got it right. Virtually nobody got the flu this year. Great vaccine last fall? Masks and social distancing? Same thing for the common cold. Nobody went to school or work with a cold this year. Presumably, future corporate policies will encourage remote work instead of "using up a sick day" or a vacation day. If we can keep some of these lessons in place instead of returning to "normal" we may have a big step forward in public health.
When I had my annual exam at the end of January, my provider said they had not had one case of the flu in the office this year. I asked her what her thoughts were on why. She said perhaps an effective vaccine, but more likely all the COVID precautions: wearing masks, not gathering in large groups, sanitation. Seems reasonable to me.

Dave
Old 03-01-2021, 02:26 PM   #257
Mr. V

Logically, there is little flu or colds due to three thngs: social distancing, masking, school closures.

As far as exercise, since the health and fitness center I attended is unavailable I walk more, do a bit more yoga (esp. plank, to strengthen the core) and I do a ten to fifteen minute workout daily with a six pound hand weight, doing about eight different reps of forty each, targeting different muscle groups.

I do this twice a day, in the morning and at night while walking / taking my midnight constitutional.

But despite my best efforts I've put on some unwanted pounds since Covid-19 arose, dang it.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:57 PM   #258
rick35

My wife and I got our second shots today in Nashua. There was a pretty long line but we were in and out in about 90 minutes. The Guard and Nashua Fire did a great job keeping the line moving. People were patient and waited their turns. Except for one guy. He passed about 20 cars on the left and then cut into the line where someone was nice enough to let him. We formed two lines and crept up to the registration point and this guy ended up right next to me. I could overhear the discussion and he said he didn't get a confirmation and after a couple of more questions it sure sounded like he didn't have an appointment. They let him register anyway and took him aside to do it. Just when I was I was thinking he was an AH for cutting in line he pulled that. Some people! Anyway, be patient when it's your turn and hope that there aren't too many more AHs out there.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:28 PM   #259
tummyman

Got our 2nd dose today in Concord at old Sears store. Wife was my Plus 1 for the shot. They moved this site indoors yesterday. Lots of people continually arriving for vaccine. Nat'l Guard did a terrific job as usual and the Concord Fire Dept. was all around the place watching folks to be sure they were OK. Total elapsed time from when we stepped into the building until we went out the door was 30 minutes including the 15 minute safety wait at the end. Everyone was so nice and the efficiency of the process was top notch. THANK YOU to all ! By noon, they thought they had given more than 600 shots...unofficially for sure. People getting first shots all got Pfizer today and those who got the second (like us) got the same brand of shot as their first...in our case Moderna. Makes us proud to be NH residents to see how we are being cared for in this COVID mess !! The shooting gallery folks are really trying hard.
The Following User Says Thank You to tummyman For This Useful Post:
Slickcraft (03-03-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 09:11 PM   #260
DRH

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
Got our 2nd dose today in Concord at old Sears store. Wife was my Plus 1 for the shot. They moved this site indoors yesterday. Lots of people continually arriving for vaccine. Nat'l Guard did a terrific job as usual and the Concord Fire Dept. was all around the place watching folks to be sure they were OK. Total elapsed time from when we stepped into the building until we went out the door was 30 minutes including the 15 minute safety wait at the end. Everyone was so nice and the efficiency of the process was top notch. THANK YOU to all ! By noon, they thought they had given more than 600 shots...unofficially for sure. People getting first shots all got Pfizer today and those who got the second (like us) got the same brand of shot as their first...in our case Moderna. Makes us proud to be NH residents to see how we are being cared for in this COVID mess !! The shooting gallery folks are really trying hard.
Quilt Lady and I had the same positive experience at the old Sears store in Concord today when we got our second Moderna COVID shots. No lines, very efficient and friendly National Guardsmen (and women), and Bow and Concord Fire Department paramedics. We were in and out in 30 minutes. Thanks to all who worked hard to make this process work so well!
Slickcraft (03-06-2021), upthesaukee (03-05-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 11:15 PM   #261
FlyingScot

3 hours 46 minutes spread over 3 separate phone calls to get appointments at Fenway for my father-in-law and me (as his +1), but scored slots for March 15--YAY!

A long morning, but I did this at a time when the website said they were completely sold out. If you're in Mass, dial in when you have a bunch of work and or entertainment lined up while you wait.
Old 03-06-2021, 05:30 AM   #262
thinkxingu

"To align with Biden's federal directive," teachers in MA will be added to the state mix via mass vax centers on the 11th but are currently open through the federal mix at private providers like CVS. It appears NH will not be changing the rollout order.

The last couple mornings, as early as 5AM, the text threads and halls of my schools have been lit up by "sit tight, and we'll bring you to the scheduling process shortly" screens. Absolutely dystopian, which is perfect since I'm currently teaching Brave New World.

I started my process at the house at 5:30 and kept it live for the drive to school. At 8:15, I moved to the next step...only to find there were no longer any appointments left without driving to Provincetown.

Honestly, I'm not terribly frustrated as I know there's just so many people in line and, since all those in my life are cautious or already vaccinated (a few weeks too late for my MIL) and the numbers have dropped post-holidays, I can be patient. And, in thinking about this for an extra beat, maybe grateful I'll more than likely get the single J&J.

UPDATE: secured two appointments just after this post for the 9th and 30th. Double shots, but close to school.

Last edited by thinkxingu; 03-06-2021 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:50 AM   #263
FlyingScot

Quote:

UPDATE: secured two appointments just after this post for the 9th and 30th. Double shots, but close to school.

Congrats, Think!

Completely crazy and wrong that we've given the housebound vaccines before those we insist come to work to teach our kids or stock our grocery shelves
Old 03-06-2021, 10:06 AM   #264
DEJ

Default My opinion

I think the shots should be given by age group since older folks weather housebound or not are allot more likely to die if infected. That would eliminate all this stuff that someone is more important than someone else. Just my humble opinion.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:20 AM   #265
thinkxingu

Quote:
I think the shots should be given by age group since older folks weather housebound or not are allot more likely to die if infected. That would eliminate all this stuff that someone is more important than someone else. Just my humble opinion.
Given the statistics, I agree with age and comorbidities defining the order and, at least in my circles, teachers are fine with that. The only real issue revolves around the push to get back to full in-person instruction, which would reduce or remove some CDC mitigations. For example, MA appears to be moving towards using the WHO distance of 3' to rationalize going back full (which I'm still not confident we can do). That, the resulting class sizes, and the new, more transmittable, variants have many concerned.

Old 03-06-2021, 11:52 AM   #266
FlyingScot

Quote:
Given the statistics, I agree with age and comorbidities defining the order and, at least in my circles, teachers are fine with that. The only real issue revolves around the push to get back to full in-person instruction, which would reduce or remove some CDC mitigations. For example, MA appears to be moving towards using the WHO distance of 3' to rationalize going back full (which I'm still not confident we can do). That, the resulting class sizes, and the new, more transmittable, variants have many concerned.

Yes--this is a more specific form of my point. The government is insisting, or is about to insist, that teachers return to work in person, it should be protecting them.

My son has been forced (or at least coerced) to work in person. A sister-in-law is now home for a week after one of her students exposed her. My parents, whom we as a society have asked nothing except to stay home, were among the first in line.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 12:13 PM   #267
DickR

Wife and I had Laconia appts for end of March. Late Wednesday I got a call from the state, offering us an early Friday afternoon shot at Walgreen in Wolfeboro, indoors, so I said yes. The second shot was scheduled for early April at the same time. The guy who called actually works for the state DOT, not DHHS, and was doing calls for just Walgreen. I gather the state is using whatever resources are at hand to make calls to fill in open slots and move people up.

In and out inside a half hour, including the "paperwork," the shots, and the 15-minute hang-around afterward. The shot was Moderna. I often get a nervous reaction to any needle in the upper arm, but I was surprised. The shot went off quickly and without any real discomfort. The afternoon passed without thinking much about it, but at bedtime I did notice discomfort if I tried sleeping on that shoulder. This morning both of us have some minor soreness in the area, but it won't keep me from normal activity.

At Walgreen, I asked about how many shots they give in a day. They said about 40, but that the operation there was not as big as at other stores. On reading about today's huge effort at the speedway, hoping to administer 11,000 shots over three eight-hour days. I got to thinking about the numbers. With an assembly line style of process, with multiple volunteers passing a steady stream of people through the various steps in multiple parallel streams, things could go faster.

Suppose each shot station could pass one person through every four minutes, considering time to get the needle out and ready, sit the person down, shoot, and apply bandaid if needed. That's 15/hour, or conceivably up to maybe 100 per day, with breaks. Dividing, 11,000/3 days by 100 means there would have to be around 37 people actually giving the shots. Quadruple that for volunteers on either side of the shot, including traffic control, and you'd need at least 150 people to staff the event. The WMUR news item speaks of having 300 volunteers, so maybe they have many more than 37 actually jabbing arms, taking longer per shot, or perhaps there are many more involved in traffic control and sign-in.

The state has somewhat over a million residents age 18 and up. If the goal is to vaccinate at least 80% of these, that's 800,000. It would take 218 days or 31 weeks of "speedway class events" to do the job. Obviously the speedway event will provide just a small fraction of the required number of shots. There must be many more of those, and still most of the shots will be given cumulatively by all the original 13 state sites and now many pharmacies and big-box stores. And NH is a fairly small state. Run your own numbers for a state like NY or CA.
The Following User Says Thank You to DickR For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 12:45 PM   #268
DEJ

Quote:
My parents, whom we as a society have asked nothing except to stay home, were among the first in line.
I am glad they were because if they were to be infected they would have a much greater chance to die from this virus.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:17 PM   #269
Sue Doe-Nym

Default We are getting there...👍

I am ecstatic that the teachers are being vaccinated because we can get everyone back into the classroom! It’s so sad...tragic...that so many young people have been so negatively impacted by the remote learning. I am also very relieved that our daughter, a Florida teacher who has been IN the classroom since September 1st is scheduled for the vaccine next week. I am happy for you also, Think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 04:57 PM   #270
Paugus Bay Resident

2nd one for me and first one for my wife yesterday. I got Moderna, she got Pfizer. The vaccine center at the former Sears was well run, we were in and out in under an hour. The National Guard and Bow paramedics couldn't have been nicer and more professional.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:17 PM   #271
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Yesterday's after 3:00pm shot went fine. LRGH.
We each got our second Moderna. Even though we had individual cards from the first shot, iI was not listed on the second-shot schedule- no problem- a few tickles on the 'puter keys and all was good to go.
Only immediately reaction was soreness at the injection site. This morning- lazy feeling and a fairly sore lower back. Not incapacitating, but worth a few more moments in bed!

Last edited by JEEPONLY; 03-07-2021 at 12:18 PM. Reason: location
Old 03-07-2021, 12:59 PM   #272
WinnisquamZ

FYI. Patrick’s Pub closed today due to a positive among the staff

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 03-09-2021, 10:30 AM   #273
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
Yesterday's after 3:00pm shot went fine. LRGH.
We each got our second Moderna. Even though we had individual cards from the first shot, iI was not listed on the second-shot schedule- no problem- a few tickles on the 'puter keys and all was good to go.
Only immediately reaction was soreness at the injection site. This morning- lazy feeling and a fairly sore lower back. Not incapacitating, but worth a few more moments in bed!
Had the same reaction issues. Took 2 Advil tablets and the problem disappeared.
Old 03-09-2021, 04:06 PM   #274
thinkxingu

Jab #1 today. Pfizer. CVS was perfect and in/out in 20 minutes—5 for the check-in and shot, 15 for the wait time to make sure I wasn't to replicate I Am Legend.

Jab #2 is on 3/30, and it appears that most of the same people—almost exclusively teachers—will be there at the same time for a sweet reunion.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:24 PM   #275
DEJ

I am happy for you and your fellow teachers think so please do not take this personal, just food for thought here. 95 percent of COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. have occurred among people who were 50 or older. This even though the majority of coronavirus cases have been reported in people under age 50. That is from AARP.

So more people under age 50 get infected but the number of deaths drops significantly below 50. I ask why do we as a society place a teacher who is 30, 35, 40, 45 years old etc... in line for the vaccine in front of a non teacher who is 50+ and has a greater chance to succumb to this virus if infected? I realize getting the kids back in school is important but is it more important than saving lives of older people? Could those teacher CVS shots been better allocated? Look forward to responses.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEJ For This Useful Post:
MRD (03-10-2021), Slickcraft (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 05:57 PM   #276
thinkxingu

Quote:
I am happy for you and your fellow teachers think so please do not take this personal, just food for thought here. 95 percent of COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. have occurred among people who were 50 or older. This even though the majority of coronavirus cases have been reported in people under age 50. That is from AARP.

So more people under age 50 get infected but the number of deaths drops significantly below 50. I ask why do we as a society place a teacher who is 30, 35, 40, 45 years old etc... in line for the vaccine in front of a non teacher who is 50+ and has a greater chance to succumb to this virus if infected? I realize getting the kids back in school is important but is it more important than saving lives of older people? Could those teacher CVS shots been better allocated? Look forward to responses.
Fair question, for sure. As I see it, there are two reasons. First, the numbers of people I will protect by being vaccinated is much higher than young(er) groups that either work remotely or see fewer people. For example, on a given day I'm exposed to at least 45 people directly and up to 600 indirectly. My 50-year-old friend working remotely is exposed to zero. When he goes into work with the skeleton crew, he's exposed to, at most, four or five.

The second is the impact that remote schooling has had on many children. In-short, it's horrible for social and emotional health. The quickest and safest way to get back to the classroom is through school personnel vaccination (don't forget bus drivers, custodians, etc.).

EDIT: after writing my response, I happened upon this: https://www.edweek.org/teaching-lear...accine/2021/02

Last edited by thinkxingu; 03-09-2021 at 06:49 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
barefootbay (03-09-2021), DEJ (03-10-2021), FlyingScot (03-09-2021), JEEPONLY (03-11-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 04:35 AM   #277
DEJ

I guess I see it differently. It is very important to get the kids back in school for sure but at what cost. Your 50 year old friend is not exposed to zero, less for sure but not zero. He goes to work with a skeleton crew so he is exposed and if he gets the virus has a higher probability to perish.

As I mentioned in an earlier post we should have left it by age group, period, not by occupation. The teachers union held the country hostage till they got their way for it's members IMO.
Slickcraft (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 05:58 AM   #278
thinkxingu

Quote:
I guess I see it differently. It is very important to get the kids back in school for sure but at what cost. Your 50 year old friend is not exposed to zero, less for sure but not zero. He goes to work with a skeleton crew so he is exposed and if he gets the virus has a higher probability to perish.

As I mentioned in an earlier post we should have left it by age group, period, not by occupation. The teachers union held the country hostage till they got their way for it's members IMO.
You assume I'm not 50 as well, like the 1/3+ teachers who are.

I'm not sure there's a right answer, but I'm glad I'll have a little protection in a few weeks since we're about to double my level of exposure when schools go back full.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:42 AM   #279
DEJ

Quote:
You assume I'm not 50 as well, like the 1/3+ teachers who are.
I am not assuming anything about you, this is not about you. It is about folks under the age of 50 getting vaccinated ahead of those in our society who are more susceptible to die from this virus, it is that simple. There is a right answer and that is vaccinate by age groups, period. Health care workers who take care of covid patients excluded obviously.
TCC (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 08:13 AM   #280
thinkxingu

Quote:
I am not assuming anything about you, this is not about you. It is about folks under the age of 50 getting vaccinated ahead of those in our society who are more susceptible to die from this virus, it is that simple. There is a right answer and that is vaccinate by age groups, period. Health care workers who take care of covid patients excluded obviously.
There are absolutely situational factors that would override age for vaccination. You point that out yourself with your note about healthcare workers. Nurses and doctors (and, in NH, ski patrollers) who don't work directly with Covid patients were still vaccinated first—regardless of age—because of the potential for increased exposure.

The threshold for that exposure vs. age is beyond my pay grade, but teachers are going in to schools every day with Covid positive people, and I'm glad to have some safety net against that.

Old 03-10-2021, 08:23 AM   #281
DEJ

You clearly keep backing up my point that it should be age based, period. Situational factors other than health care folks only muddy the waters and suggest someone is more important than someone else. Vaccinations by age group eliminate all this BS as well as union influence. But we are where we are and nothing you or I can do now to change it. Good luck when you go back full time teaching if not there already.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:27 AM   #282
bobkatfly

Default Lost vaccine card

Has anyone lost their first vaccine shot card (other than me) and gone to their second appointment (Pfizer) without it? Any issues, turned away?
I think ours got mixed in with some junk mail on the counter top and trashed.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:35 AM   #283
Sue Doe-Nym

I would suggest calling the 211 number and ask them....or....jeeponly had a situation where he had his card, but wasn’t on their list, and he was allowed to get the shot...but I would try calling first..
Old 03-10-2021, 09:58 AM   #284
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkatfly View Post
Has anyone lost their first vaccine shot card (other than me) and gone to their second appointment (Pfizer) without it? Any issues, turned away?
Good question—there's gotta be some record in the system that processed your first shot? I would think they'd be able to fill in a new card when you showed up.

On the same topic: what will the card be needed for, if anything, and should we get them laminated for durability/longevity?

Old 03-10-2021, 10:05 AM   #285
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Shoulda coulda

Too late now, but when we got our 1st shot, while we were waiting to leave, the worker in the waiting area told everyone to take a picture of the card in case it got lost or misplaced. Then to remember to do it again after 2nd shot.

In hindsight, a great idea.

Dave
Slickcraft (03-10-2021), thinkxingu (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 10:31 AM   #286
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Too late now, but when we got our 1st shot, while we were waiting to leave, the worker in the waiting area told everyone to take a picture of the card in case it got lost or misplaced. Then to remember to do it again after 2nd shot.

In hindsight, a great idea.

Dave
Terrific idea! Now I hope not to lose my phone! 😂
Old 03-10-2021, 10:50 AM   #287
Slickcraft

Quote:
Log onto the CDC website. Then you can view and download a PDF copy of your vaccination certificate.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:10 AM   #288
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
Log onto the CDC website. Then you can view and download a PDF copy of your vaccination certificate.
Do you have a link? I just did a search and found: "It's important to know that the CDC does not store individual vaccination records. Therefore, the CDC cannot provide you with a record of you Covid-19 vaccination."

Old 03-10-2021, 11:23 AM   #289
Slickcraft

Quote:
Do you have a link? I just did a search and found: "It's important to know that the CDC does not store individual vaccination records. Therefore, the CDC cannot provide you with a record of you Covid-19 vaccination."

https://vams.cdc.gov/vaccineportal/s...00000016u32AAA

I think that this would be only for those that were scheduled through the CDC VAMS system. And they should already have the link. I have accessed and saved our PDF files. Appears to contradict what you found.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:03 PM   #290
winni83

Our first shot of Moderna at Huggins was scheduled through VAMS. Huggins scheduled the second shot at the time of the first. The appointment for the second shot did not show up on VAMS, which had me a little concerned that while the record of the first shot was on VAMS, the second shot would not be.

However, the second shot does appear on the VAMS site, so we have both the card from Huggins, which we have both saved as a photo and a PDF and had laminated, but also the record of both shots on the VAMS site.

Redacted version of what shows up for us on VAMS.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf VAMS VaccineCertificate Redacted.pdf (57.6 KB, 369 views)
Old 03-10-2021, 12:26 PM   #291
bobkatfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
I did that and have the confirmation of first shot but it doesn't show any info on the second shot appointment that the paper card had. Our second appointment is tomorrow. I'll try to get through on 211 today.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:28 PM   #292
bobkatfly

Quote:
Good question—there's gotta be some record in the system that processed your first shot? I would think they'd be able to fill in a new card when you showed up.

On the same topic: what will the card be needed for, if anything, and should we get them laminated for durability/longevity?

I think the card may be useful for proof of vaccine when traveling while there are still restrictions. Sort of a vaccine passport.

thinkxingu (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 12:40 PM   #293
thinkxingu

Quote:
I think the card may be useful for proof of vaccine when traveling while there are still restrictions. Sort of a vaccine passport.
That's what I was wondering. Has anyone heard of private businesses requiring proof of vaccination? I can imagine large amusement parks, close-contact venues, etc. thinking about doing this.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:42 PM   #294
pondguy

I carry my card in my wallet just in case.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:08 PM   #295
BrownstoneNorth

Default Proof of vaccination card

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondguy View Post
I carry my card in my wallet just in case.
We scanned ours into our computer and also printed them out on heavy photo paper to carry with us because we don't want to chance losing the originals, which we're keeping in a safe place in the house.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:48 PM   #296
rick35

The vaccination card can't possibly be considered to be a certificate. Mine has two stickers on an otherwise blank card. What kind of official document would be needed to get on a vaccinated-only cruise ship? I don't think it could be that card or the downloaded pdf certificate. Either could be easily forged.
The Following User Says Thank You to rick35 For This Useful Post:
BrownstoneNorth (03-11-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 06:41 PM   #297
8gv

I apologize if this has been mentioned already but...

Tonight, Wednesday, 3/10 at 8pm you can watch the South Park Vaccine Special on Comedy Central.

If you have never watched South Park you will likely be addicted or repulsed.

Either way, don't blame the messenger.
The Following User Says Thank You to 8gv For This Useful Post:
JEEPONLY (03-11-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 09:35 PM   #298
rick35

My wife doesn't have a vaccination certificate on the Vams site. That's probably because she was my plus one and had to register manually both times. The only entry in Vams is that she had cancelled her first appointment after becoming my plus one.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:33 AM   #299
bobkatfly

Default Lost vaccine card

So, we're off to get our second shot in a few hours. I just called 211 about the lost card and surprisingly waited only a few minutes to speak with someone. She assured me that they would have our records but to bring the downloaded certificate from the VAMS site (as Slickcraft described) for additional confirmation of the first shot.
Will update later.

TheTimeTraveler (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 10:34 AM   #300
BrownstoneNorth

Default Proof of vaccination

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
The vaccination card can't possibly be considered to be a certificate. Mine has two stickers on an otherwise blank card. What kind of official document would be needed to get on a vaccinated-only cruise ship? I don't think it could be that card or the downloaded pdf certificate. Either could be easily forged.
You're right, the cards with the CDC logo are already being counterfeited, but for the time being are considered acceptable by some places requiring proof.

THANK YOU for motivating me to find my state's official immunization records website (it wasn't easy), register, and get actual proof. I've now saved in my computer and printed that one out, too. In a couple of weeks we're going to NY, which has recently lifted quarantine & testing requirements for out of state visitors who are fully vaccinated — no indication of what will be considered “proof.”

I think most states have a similar data base. For anybody here who happens to be a Maryland resident, this is it:

https://md.myir.net/