Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-18-2004, 06:51 AM   #1
Skip

Thumbs up Baja Owners help make Lake safer!

Considering all the bashing performance boat operators receive (yes, I know...only from a few ), here is an article in today's Foster's/Citizen devoted to those operators determined to make the Lake a safer place.

And I bet some of our regular posters were among those raising money for this worhtwhile cause. Thanks guys & gals!

http://www.fosters.com/July2004/07.1.../cit_0718d.asp
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:23 PM   #2
Paugus Bay Resident

Thanks for the kind words Skip. I was one of the organizers. It was a pleasure working with everyone, especially our fire chief, to put this together.

At the end of the day, I had a chance to meet Mark's wife, and it really put everything in perepective.

Thanks to all the participants too

The boat should be here next month. I hope it never has to see any use.
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:13 PM   #3
Lin

I'm not a big Baja fan, and no way could afford $200 in gas for the day but I'm so glad that the Baja people did this. I'm glad to see the support out there for the fire dept. This is comes from a firefighter's wife. When people need them they are the first called. Hopefully they are equipped with the best of equipment, I know their knowledge and dedication is of the utmost importance.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:30 AM   #4
Outlaw

Thumbs up Kudo's to those who helped

It certainly restores ones faith in humanity - so many people bonding together for one cause - many who didn't know Mark or of Mark till that day but appreciated his dreams and goals and helped to bring us closer to making those dreams a reality. The entire Poker Run was dedicated to Mark Miller and the underlying message was to promote boating safety - with the funds raised for the Life Saving Fund (rescue boat) and that combined with the Lakes Region Power Squadron performing Vessel Safety Checks on many of the participants boats. The Chief and Mark's wife couldn't be more appreciative of every participants efforts, contributions and awareness of boating safety.

Thank you everyone!! And thank you Baja, Channel Marine, Naswa, Marine Patrol, Irwin Marine all the card boats and patrol boats, and to all the organizers of this Poker Run. And thank you Barna Log Homes of New Hampshire for the extra added surprise donation. It's wonderful to have our local businesses involved in such a cause. Great Day, Great Cause, Great Job !!!
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 01:35 PM   #5
Rob

Default Dream becomes reality-Laconia rescue boat nearly ready for service

http://www.citizen.com/July2004/07.2..._07.23.04c.asp

It sounds like quite a boat.

The article specifically mentions the contribution made by the "New Hampshire Chapter of Team Baja Marine".

Rob
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2004, 12:15 AM   #6
Outlaw

Default Thanks Rob

Thanks Rob for posting this link.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:53 AM   #7
Rob

Default Mark Miller Rescue Boat Dedication

http://www.citizen.com/august_2004/0..._08.17_04f.asp

There will be a ceremony at Patrick's Pub in Gilford this Thursday at 10:00 am. Governor Benson, among others, will be speaking. The boat will be available for viewing starting at 8:00 am.

The article again mentions the efforts made by Team Baja Marine. I hope that some of the organizers of the Poker Run will be able to attend and see the result of their efforts up close.

Rob
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:00 AM   #8
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
I hope that some of the organizers of the Poker Run will be able to attend and see the result of their efforts up close.

Rob
Rob - thank you for posting this link, I appreciate it. As one of the organizers of the Poker Run (actually the fund raising part of the poker run), I do plan on being there. Thank you again.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:59 PM   #9
Outlaw

Default Mark's Dream IS a REALITY !

I attended the Dedication of the Laconia Fire Dept. Rescue Boat today at Patrick's. It was a 'very' moving ceremony. Governor Craig Benson was in attendance along with Mayor Mark Fraser as guest speakers. 'A Rescue Divers Prayer' was read by Reverend Gary Kosmowski who also blessed the boat. I spoke with Chief Ken Erickson in great length and Gayle Miller, both of which were very proud and emotional. Special framed Miller Memorial Patches were given out to the individuals who worked so very hard these past 5 months to make this boat a reality, Gayle Miller, Alan Lydiard, Peter Truslow of Edgewater Powerboats to name a few....

Congratulations to everyone who helped to make this happen !
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Rescue Boat 4.pdf (169.9 KB, 305 views)
Old 08-20-2004, 08:31 AM   #10
Outlaw

Default Photo Post of Rescue Boat

I also added 5 shots of the boat to the Photo Post under 'Things that Float', or if you go to my gallery (Outlaw) you will see them.

Here's the link to the article in today's citizen: http://www4.citizen.com/august_2004/..._08.20_04a.asp