Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-24-2004, 12:46 AM   #1
Mike M.

Default Specialty Marinas?

I've had a tough time selling my boat. Its an old boat but its in good shape. Is there any marinas within an hour drive that deals with older boats someone could suggest. It seems like I cant give it away. How would I go about junking it if that's what it came down to?

Thank you,
Mike
Mike M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 06:01 AM   #2
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Default Old Boat

When disposing of the refrigerator, (see refrigerator boat thread) there was a boat at the dump. (The Alton dump.) My guys were very surprised how easily a pay loader crushed it.
Have you tried the classifieds here? They are free.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:00 AM   #3
TomC

Default there's always eBay..

..and there is always someone to buy anything. if you have the ability/ambition, part it out and sell the good stuff on eBay. Engine parts, outdrive parts, etc go pretty fast for decent $
TomC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:33 PM   #4
fatlazyless

Cool selling a clunker-boat

Best bet - www.thewantadvertiser.com just reaches circulation in the Lakes Region. Mostly, it is eastern Mass & southern NH. A good photo helps about ten times over a non photo ad and photo ads cost $15. plus the photo form from an old issue. A few spots around the Lakes carry The Want Advertiser. And, lowering the price don't hurt none.

The Meredith Tranfer Station will not accept anything bigger than about 12' because it costs them like $300. to have a 20' fiberglass boat ground up, so I've been told. Across the road from the Meredith Transfer Station is M&M Marine Salvage, a used engine and boat parts business and they must have about 50 old boats on their lot. Maybe, they would take it for free?
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 07:05 PM   #5
WeirsBeachBoater

Tell us about your boat....Maybe someone on here will be interested, or post in classified section!!! I have posted many things in the classifieds. I even found a proud new owner for a sailboat I wanted to get rid of...
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2004, 09:10 PM   #6
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts

Thanks again WBB. Wasn't sure if it was cool to disclose who gave it to us! Ben and Jeff have made some very nice memories with it this summer. I’m sure they were quite a sight. One big kid on the bow and one squished in the cockpit.
Wish it was still summer.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:27 PM   #7
Will

Default More info on your boat

Mike I have a friend looking for a boat cheap to get him started, can you tell me about the boat, you can pm me if ya want.
Thanks
Will
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:19 AM   #8
Mike M.

Still no luck. Tried the want ads, wrong time to sell a boat. No marina would want to deal with it, they wont make any money from it. If anyone has any interest what so ever email me at sk8b0ardin@aol.com. Will, have your friend email me and I will give him my number if he wants to test drive it. Its getting cold and I need to do something soon.

Thanks for all your replys!
Mike M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:03 AM   #9
camp guy

Default Getting rid of old boat

One possibility might be contacting your local fire department and see if they would accept it as a donation to be used for fire fighting training purposes - either afloat or aground. Some departments are more than willing to accept old cars and boats for this purpose. It's worth a try. Good luck.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:57 AM   #10
Sandy Beach

Lightbulb Donate Boat and get tax credit

Have you tried some of the organizations that take donations? Helping Hands of America at 888-881-9090 takes cars, boats, RVs, other items and objects of value as tax deductible donations. Some restrictions apply. Remaining proceeds go to charities. They pick-up the items but I'm not sure if they pick-up in New Hampshire. There may be other such groups you can find.

For information you have the phone number already. Their web site is:
http://HelpingHandsOfAmeric.Org

Good luck.

Sandy
Sandy Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:56 AM   #11
madrasahs

Question Sell? Donate?

Sell? You might try Pine Tree Pack & Ship at 569-0404 -- Wolfeboro -- on Rt. 109A. They may have been selling on consignment, but they've "moved" a lot of boats -- mostly older, but still tempting, wooden sailboats.

Donate? Also in the same 109A neighborhood is the Huggins Hospital Street Fair Collection -- 569-6630.

The Boat museum nearby (569-4554) may be able to take it as an auction item -- one year it was a fundraiser for the local Symphony.
madrasahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:45 AM   #12
pmj

Default try Uncle Henrys

This is the northern NE version of the want advertiser type magazine...I listed my boat there recently for free for 4 weeks. At the website you register (for a 4 week free trial period) then you can post an ad online or in the publication or both. It is all free.

www.unclehenrys.com

The other thing you could do is post a listing sheet with photo at West Marine..they have a bulletin board for things like that.

Ebay is a good way to sell, also.

Good luck

pmj
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote