Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-13-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
Zee

Default Missing red marker - Chase Point

Does anyone know what happened to the red marker usually about 100 or so feet south and west of the lighted marker #49 off Chase Point. At 6:15 pm Saturday night it was there. When we came by again about 10:45 pm we couldn't find it. We thought our eyes were playing tricks on us in the night but the next day proved that it is just gone. There is not even a piece left. Does anyone know what the hazard is in that location? I've been cautiously on the wrong side of it and I've not seen the shallows near it.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:08 PM   #2
Miss Cow Island

Default Missing Marker on Chase Pt

We noticed it was gone on Sunday. My husband and a neighbor were trying to retrieve a paddle boat there once and said there were a lot of rocks in there. Not sure how far under the surface they are though.
Miss Cow Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:32 PM   #3
Tyler

Default Missing Marker

The depth inside that missing marker goes shallow real quick. It is not a problem for smaller boats on plane as the water depth is approx. 3 to 4 feet. Best advice is stay about 200 yards out and you will be in 12+ feet. Hope this helps.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:42 PM   #4
Senter Cove Guy

Default Missing Red/White Buoy - Chase Point

You are right. It was gone last weekend. Someone hit it and it sank. There are 2 smashed plastic buoys on the bottom now. I'm sure the MP will replace it soon. Earlier this summer, there was an underwater broken wooden buoy sticking straight up there as well but it's gone now. I had tied a red rubber ball to it so MP could easily find it. They must have pulled it out. There do not seem to be many rocks around that area until you get up close to flasher 49 or in close to Chase Point.
Senter Cove Guy is offline   Reply With Quote