Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-01-2004, 11:27 AM   #1
Mee-n-Mac

Default Your Favorite Fall Foliage Cruise

Well the leaves are starting to turn so it's time to cover your fav foliage cruise around the lake. I believe we had a similar thread on ye olde forum but I couldn't find it (and it's too slow anyway) so post the route you like the best. Now which "Bear" was it (Rusty, Barney, Papa ?) that had the "3 Bridge Tour" ....
Old 10-03-2004, 09:49 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

I was hoping to "create" a new run today, but the colors just aren't there yet. From West Alton, out between Rattlesnake & Diamond, then down to Timber, around the north side of timber then in to the north side of Stonedam to go through Sally's Gut. When we came out we took a run down the broads side of Governors, around the Witches, out past round to Bear Is & Jolly, then over to Long island bridge, then out between Long & Little Bear etc, and then up the broads to Winter Harbor, swinging down by the old seaplane ramp, then back down to near the Libby Museum, back out and around the northeast end of Rattlesnake, between Treasure and Cub and a right turn back to West Alton. Great ride on a Sunday afternoon, not much boat traffic and the lake was quite smooth. Sadly, the foliage just isn't there , and this time I had my camera.
Hopefully next weekend will be nice, the boat comes out of the water the following week.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:35 AM   #3
jrc

Default easiest tour to remember

Just run the first ten or so lighted markers in order.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote