Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-04-2004, 09:12 PM   #1
itchin for fishin

Unhappy Capt B convention/ No wake at #2

It seems that Capt B may have had a convention around Eagle Island today. Unbelievable some of the action. The best was the guy ignoring all markers on the #44 side of Eagle island and went through the rock garden. How he got through there without leaving outdrive hardware I'll never know.

On the other side at #2, it is time for the no wake zone here. How there hasn't been any accidents here stumps me. Heavy congestion with numerous long skinny boats cruising 45+. Why do we need for someone to get hurt or killed before the inevitable correction is made. This area is nothing short of dangerous.
itchin for fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 08:10 AM   #2
The Skipper

Exclamation NWZ at Eagle. It's been tried before

I recall a time when the area between Eagle and Governors Island was a No Wake Zone. If memory serves me right it was like that for a few years and then went back to the way it is today.

How to relieve the congestion? Place more and better markers on the other side of Eagle.
The Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:36 AM   #3
madrasahs

Thumbs down Cap'n B made it here?

Yesterday afternoon, Cap'n B went by towing a young lady on a tube (big three-story mush-boater flying an oversized red Marine Corps flag).

Nothing wrong there, but two Jet-Skis were jumping his wake 150-feet behind him (but just 75-feet from the little lady).

While the Jet-Skis may have "felt legal", they were endangering the "tubette". I would have ceased the wake, and continued at headway speed.
madrasahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 07:57 AM   #4
DRH

Default More'n One Cap'n B There

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrasahs
Yesterday afternoon, Cap'n B went by towing a young lady on a tube (big three-story mush-boater flying an oversized red Marine Corps flag).

Nothing wrong there, but two Jet-Skis were jumping his wake 150-feet behind him (but just 75-feet from the little lady).

While the Jet-Skis may have "felt legal", they were endangering the "tubette". I would have ceased the wake, and continued at headway speed.
Sounds like Cap'n B's siblings were operating those jet-skis. While jumping wakes may be fun, doing so is illegal in NH.
DRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:44 PM   #5
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skipper
How to relieve the congestion? Place more and better markers on the other side of Eagle.
Just replacing the broken black one on the north side would be a nice start. I hate going through there on weekends. Never fun, almost always dangerous. When coming from Center Harbor down to that area I almost always go through Sally's Gut to avoid the mess around Eagle Island. Going south/east from there, I typically go around the south side of Governer's Island.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links