Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-04-2004, 09:53 AM   #1
SIKSUKR

Default The good and bad

I'm trying not to be negative on this forum anymore but I'll offset one with the other.Either Friday or Saturday afternoon,(I did the same thing both days),I was sitting in the middle of the Broads on my PWC taking in all the beauty that is Lake Winni.It was so great cuz there was absolutely nobody within a mile or so to me while I rocked away the day watching sailboats in the distance play with the wind.Wonderfull! Well ,I hear a boat headed my way behind me,but I didn't pay it much attention until it sounded like it was getting pretty close.I turn around to see a 30 ft cruiser come buzzing by me about 50-70 ft away.I mean,I'm out in the middle of nowhere and this guy has to buzz right next to me!I gave him the "what's up with that" with my arms in the air but he was already past me and wasn't looking.Put a little damper on what had been a glorious day.
Anyway,here's the good part.I continue to float around for another hour and along comes the sound of another boat approaching.So I turn around a little sooner this time and it's a bowrider,a Chapperel I think(sorry if I spelled that wrong),coming of plane and headed towards me.The guy driving the boat slows up and asks me if everything is ok wondering if I'm stranded out there.I say no and thank him a couple of times and off he goes.Well,that offset my attitude I had going from the last guy.Anyway,that was a great gesture and it was nice to see concern for others still exists.Thanks again to whoever that person was!! SS