Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2004, 07:27 PM   #1
Captn'J

Default Fiberglass Cleaning.

I just noticed a huge gasoline stain in the fiberglass right below my gasoline fitting. I got gas last week and noticed that the attendant over filled the tank and some gas spilled over and ran down the side of the boat and in the lake. I got a wet brush and wiped the boat down. I tried all my cleaner waxes and spot cleaners that I have and nothing works. Dos anyone have any suggestions on taking out gasoline stains out of colored fiberglass ?

Thanks.
Captn'J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 09:31 PM   #2
Rinkerfam

Try this...
Wash the area with dawn dish detergent. This will strip any wax from the area. Clean the area with any automotive paint cleaner ( I recommend Meguires paint cleaner or 3M "Perfect It II" rubbing compound). Then use any quality cleaner wax such as Meguires #50. Follow this with a polish such as Meguires #45. Finally, hit the area with a product called 303 Aerospace protectant. All of these products (less the 3M compound) are available at Sports and Marine Parafunalia in Gilford and Meredith.

Good luck!!
Rinkerfam is offline   Reply With Quote