Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2022, 06:09 PM   #1
XCR-700

Default End of Season,,, restaurant schedules

Hard to believe we have reached the "old" un-official end of the season already.

For us it was a mixed season, my wife and I both had way too much work this summer, and when we could take days off it was wet early in the season and then way too hot later,,,

Thats not to say we didnt have some very good days, as a couple were actually picture perfect!

A couple of lunches at Shibleys were really outstanding. Also had a couple of really good times at Crazy Gringos. Their Wed prime rib special left me VERY happy ;-) And my youngest has now warmed up to mexican food and it happened at Crazy Gringos!

Also made the trip to the Turkey Farm, though the walk up from the town docks in high humidity and upper 80's took a bit more out of me than I expected. Told me I need to get in a little better shape ;-)

But we are not done! Well, we as in my wife and I, but maybe not so for some of the local destinations.

Soooo,,,, I'm wondering if anyone has seen closing dates for Shibleys at the Pier or Sawyers??? Others???

Happy to hear any closing dates, or info on restaurants that will be open for a while longer.

Thanks! And hope others will be able to enjoy the lake a bit longer.

Last edited by XCR-700; 09-05-2022 at 10:19 PM.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 06:41 PM   #2
LoveLakeLife

Shibley’s has the Wednesday prime rib, XCR? I didn’t know, I’ll have to try. It must be in competition with the prime rib across the bay at Dockside.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
LoveLakeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 10:26 PM   #3
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLakeLife View Post
Shibley’s has the Wednesday prime rib, XCR? I didn’t know, I’ll have to try. It must be in competition with the prime rib across the bay at Dockside.

Oh, I dont know about what specials Shibleys had for dinner, I think I have only ever been there for lunch. And it was always good!

The prime rid special on Wed nights I was speaking of was at Crazy Gringos. Not the fanciest place on the lake, but I always seem to get good service and good food.

I think the Turkey Farm also has a prime rib special. Maybe Fridays??? And their bourbon steak tips are pretty good as well!

So many good places to eat and sadly summer is so short, well for a day tripper,,,

ATB
Old 09-06-2022, 07:19 AM   #4
Merrymeeting

Unless they are going to change from prior years, Shibleys stays open year round, with the exception of a month (January I think).
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post:
XCR-700 (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 07:27 AM   #5
smith point boater

Default Shibleys

MM

I'm sure Shibley's can post here to confirm but I believe they close after Columbus Day (for sure by end of Oct) and don't reopen until the last weekend in January
smith point boater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smith point boater For This Useful Post:
XCR-700 (09-06-2022)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2022, 08:50 AM   #6
XCR-700

I honestly dont recall about Shibleys, but in the past I know Sawyers always closed this past weekend, but with new ownership that may be different now. Guess we will see,,,
Old 09-06-2022, 11:20 AM   #7
LoveLakeLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Oh, I dont know about what specials Shibleys had for dinner, I think I have only ever been there for lunch. And it was always good!

The prime rid special on Wed nights I was speaking of was at Crazy Gringos. Not the fanciest place on the lake, but I always seem to get good service and good food.

I think the Turkey Farm also has a prime rib special. Maybe Fridays??? And their bourbon steak tips are pretty good as well!

So many good places to eat and sadly summer is so short, well for a day tripper,,,

ATB
Ohhh it’s Crazy Gringo that has the prime rib. I never would have thought that. I’ll definitely be going there on a Wednesday in that case. Thanks for the info!

LoveLakeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:27 AM   #8
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

We have yet to get to the Crazy Gringo but totally need to as it's one of my wife's student's family's place. Sounds like it'll be worth the trip!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote