Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
hancoveguy

Default Suissevale or Balmoral

Okay, so here is the question...We are seasonal owners (May-Nov1) and are thinking we want to be year round owners. We have been looking at Balmoral and Suissevale (and others, South Down etc...) but arent really sure of the main differences.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of some pros and cons of Balmoral vs Suissevale or others...????????????

Background- we have a seasonal condo campsite with a BRAND new park model ON the water of winni AND a deeded boat slip within 100 ft. Its alot to give up but for year round with an association beach, boat launch and or valet service not far away (Ambrose etc) maybe its worth it...

Also, we like to have guests and entertain and we have small kids 7-11

Price range- <$300k

Thoughts?

HCG
hancoveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:28 AM   #2
jrc

Ten years ago we looked for a year round place in all three of those places ended up with a condo in Samoset and later sold that. Now we are seasonal on a boat in a marina.

All the things you like about your campsite are the reasons we like the boat. All the other places you mention are more disconnected from the lake. You will have a house/condo and a lake nearby. You have to bring all your stuff to the lake. Depending where you are, you may drive to the lake.

Have you considered just renting at one of those places for the off-season and keeping your campsite.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
Winnisquamguy

I was just over looking around in Suissevale and talked to the lady that runs the association, first off they're only 72 full time residents in the winter, dues is $725.00, boat slips are not deeded and there is a waiting list of around 100 or so and only 6-7 come off every year.If you are on vacation for a week or two you can rent a dock space but it will cost I believe 125.00 a week.You only get to park 1 car on the major holidays, and they give you parking passes for other times. No golf carts, or atv allowed anywhere. Very family friendly she said and they do a lot of activities. Hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
Natt

Keep your deeded condo camping and get a home for the rest of the year in the area.
Natt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
tinkham masonry

Talking

fyi there is also a house on ledgemere estates rd in moultonboro, i beleive 2.5 acers with deeded rights to winni and ledgy pond! asking 175,000 i think. there ae other kids on that road also and yes is a private dirt road. good luck with your search!
tinkham masonry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links