Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2014, 11:52 PM   #1
jazzman

Default Swamped Jet Ski

Does anyone have any experience with a submerged jet ski? I woke up the other morning to find my new 2014 130 GTI SE Sea Doo sitting on the bottom (luckily it was only docked in a couple feet of water).

I was able to pump it out and get it afloat again, but the engine was pretty much totally submerged. I did manage to convince Irwin Marine who I bought it from to come tow it away since I was afraid it might sink before I could get it to a boat ramp.

It looks like the carbon ring was leaking. Once I pumped it out, that is where the water was coming back in.

Does anyone have any experience with reviving a submerged engine? I did not attempt to start it, but it was clearly pretty much all the way under. I always thought these things had positive floatation, but it sure looked like it could have actually sank if it had been in deeper water. I think it would have pretty easily rolled if it wasn't sitting on the bottom.
Attached Images

jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote