Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Marketplace
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2022, 10:49 AM   #1
Cal Coon

Default Looking for a used outboard motor

I'm looking for a used two stroke outboard motor for a 17' boat. I am looking specifically for a 20" shaft between 115 and 140hp, no older than late eighties. My preference is Yamaha, Johnson/Evinrude, but will consider other's. Prefer it to come with controls, but not a deal breaker, and it's ok if the oil injection has been disabled. I actually prefer to premix. I'm not looking for any project motor's, I'm looking for something that is in real nice shape, but may be in need of typical maintenance, ie: water pump/impeller, thermostats, lower unit gear oil, etc, etc. That is all stuff I will do to whatever motor I end up buying anyways. It must be able to be demonstrated, (on a stand is ok), and I will perform my own compression test. If anyone knows of something around these guidelines, send me a phone number in a PM and I will make the call, or I can PM you my phone number if you prefer. Thanks for any help in advance.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:21 AM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default 2 strokes

Fay's Boatyard caters to the sailing community. They may just be what you are looking for! You can also try Dave's Motorboat Shoppe.