Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2021, 07:15 AM   #1
SailinAway

Default Belknap Mall vaccinations

I got an email from the state saying my vaccination was moved from Laconia Tech to the Belknap Mall. This would be at ClearChoice MD, which is an indoor location. I called 211 and was told that it "should be possible" to request vaccination in the parking lot once I arrive. Has anyone done this?

They also said I could reschedule at an outdoor site. I'm in Group B and should have been vaccinated by now but am not due to a "system error." My appointment is April 10 and I'm afraid if I reschedule it will go beyond that already late date.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:37 AM   #2
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

We initially had 1B 2nd shot appointments in April and were afraid to reschedule and maybe get an even later date. Way back on Feb 7 we did cancel and found that available appointments had really opened up at that time. So we moved up to March 3 for the 2nd shot which is over and done. We got the Concord site which had moved to inside. It is a very large open area inside the old Sears. They did offer curb service for any that did not want to go inside.

Did you ask the 211 person if they could assist in scheduling an earlier date? They should know the status of openings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
SailinAway (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 12:58 PM   #3
SailinAway

Default Update

I called the scheduling number. Wait time at 6:45 a.m. was 40 minutes. I can confirm what Slickcraft reports: I easily got an appointment at Sears in Concord for this Thursday. Moreover, they said that the Sears site has both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, not Johnson and Johnson. Glad I made that call.

The LRGH phone line said they have no available appointments.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post:
Slickcraft (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 03:55 PM   #4
tummyman

When we got our second shot in Concord last Tuesday, they were giving Pfizer to all FIRST time shot recipients and then either Pfizer or Moderna on second shots depending on what people got the first time around. Thye have to match the first shot manufacturer. Since our first was Moderna, we got Moderna for the second. Just FYI.....
The Following User Says Thank You to tummyman For This Useful Post:
SailinAway (03-10-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 06:37 AM   #5
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

Article in today's LDS about move to the Belknap Mall:

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...762511599.html

We drove through the parking lot about 6:30 am yesterday looping around to Planet Fitness. There was a parking area reserved for "outside service" or a term like that. So maybe you can stay in your vehicle if you want.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2021, 08:20 AM   #6
bobkatfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
I got an email from the state saying my vaccination was moved from Laconia Tech to the Belknap Mall. This would be at ClearChoice MD, which is an indoor location. I called 211 and was told that it "should be possible" to request vaccination in the parking lot once I arrive. Has anyone done this?
I was originally scheduled for my second Pfizer at LRCC yesterday. We arrived and there was only one person at the checkpoint. She told us the system had been moved to the mall. She also said 211 had dropped the ball regarding notifications. At least you got one. No big deal really as the mall is only 1.5 miles away. The Guard and other staff were excellent as usual. We were in and out in about 30 minutes.
As far as shots in the lot, I didn't see anyone doing that but there was one person that requested a wheel chair at his vehicle and they wiped it down, brought it out to him and wheeled him in so it seems like they're trying to cater to all needs.

Amherst till the big 66 comes (made it!)
Winter Harbor/Mirror Lake till the big guy comes
Old 03-20-2021, 09:37 AM   #7
GTO

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post

They also said I could reschedule at an outdoor site. I'm in Group B and should have been vaccinated by now but am not due to a "system error." My appointment is April 10 and I'm afraid if I reschedule it will go beyond that already late date.

I was standing outside talking to the marine there and a woman pulled up and asked if she could get the shot outside. He told her to pull up to the side door and he radioed inside and told them her car make and that she was pulling up
Old 03-20-2021, 10:26 PM   #8
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I was standing outside talking to the marine there and a woman pulled up and asked if she could get the shot outside. He told her to pull up to the side door and he radioed inside and told them her car make and that she was pulling up

Actually, sudden extra shots are becoming available everywhere, and if you stop by late in the day you "may" be able to obtain a shot without an appointment.

Apparently, not all scheduled patients are showing up for their Vaccine shot, and as a result the shot will be thrown out if not used that day (after having been thawed out).

To prevent waste a lot of places now offer the extra shots to those who happen to be around and request them later in the day. I think it makes a lot of sense for everyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeTraveler For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (03-21-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 11:52 AM   #9
gravy boat

"Apparently, not all scheduled patients are showing up for their Vaccine shot, and as a result the shot will be thrown out if not used that day (after having been thawed out)."

T"o prevent waste a lot of places now offer the extra shots to those who happen to be around and request them later in the day. I think it makes a lot of sense for everyone."

Someone I spoke with earlier today told me that prior to throwing away the vaccine (cannot refreeze them) the employees are asked to call anybody they know who may need a shot and who can get there quickly. They prefer to not toss them. So perhaps contacting your local site later in the day could work.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:31 PM   #10
MeredithMan

Default Shot #1 at Belknap Mall today

So we got our first shots at Belknap Mall today. They are doing them in the old Peebles store, which is on the opposite end of the mall from Shaws. Our "appointment" was 11:45. We got there at 11:30, and the line was all the way through the mall down to Shaws. I haven't seen that many people in that mall since I was a kid in the 70's!! Long story short, we walked out just a bit after 1PM...about a 90 minute ordeal.

I guess we naively thought that since we had an "appointment" we would be in and out in short order. On the plus side, the national guard staff and the Laconia Fire Dept folks that did the shots were professional, polite, and friendly. They also automatically scheduled us for the 2nd shots, also at the mall, in a month's time.

So far, I don't have a horn growing out of my forehead or a third eye forming, so I guess I'm good to go...
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
Shalometh (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 05:54 PM   #11
Shalometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
So we got our first shots at Belknap Mall today. They are doing them in the old Peebles store, which is on the opposite end of the mall from Shaws. Our "appointment" was 11:45. We got there at 11:30, and the line was all the way through the mall down to Shaws. I haven't seen that many people in that mall since I was a kid in the 70's!! Long story short, we walked out just a bit after 1PM...about a 90 minute ordeal.

I guess we naively thought that since we had an "appointment" we would be in and out in short order. On the plus side, the national guard staff and the Laconia Fire Dept folks that did the shots were professional, polite, and friendly. They also automatically scheduled us for the 2nd shots, also at the mall, in a month's time.

So far, I don't have a horn growing out of my forehead or a third eye forming, so I guess I'm good to go...
Which vaccine did they give you? Also, can you tell me if they were encouraging the maintaining of social distance while waiting in such a long line? Thanks appreciate it.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:25 AM   #12
MeredithMan

Default Both...

Hey Shalometh--

Looks like you're new to this forum...welcome! Hopefully you find it as useful as everyone else.

To answer your questions, they had both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines there. When you finally made it to the end of the line, there was a senior EMT/Paramedic guy who asked you if it was your first or 2nd shot. If it was your second, he would direct you to one of the tables that had what you got the first time. If it was your first shot, I think it was just random where you were sent based on what table was open at that time.

Regarding the social distancing, out in the mall area there were no stickers on the floor, so it was "self-policed". I have to say that people were quite good about keeping a reasonable distance between each other. I did witness one lady ahead of us politely ask the people behind her to back off a bit, and they did without issue. Once in the old Peeble's store, they had the stickers on the floor every six feet. We never felt crowded or that people were "in our space".

Hope that helps.
Shalometh (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 03:26 PM   #13
Shalometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
Hey Shalometh--

Looks like you're new to this forum...welcome! Hopefully you find it as useful as everyone else.

To answer your questions, they had both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines there. When you finally made it to the end of the line, there was a senior EMT/Paramedic guy who asked you if it was your first or 2nd shot. If it was your second, he would direct you to one of the tables that had what you got the first time. If it was your first shot, I think it was just random where you were sent based on what table was open at that time.

Regarding the social distancing, out in the mall area there were no stickers on the floor, so it was "self-policed". I have to say that people were quite good about keeping a reasonable distance between each other. I did witness one lady ahead of us politely ask the people behind her to back off a bit, and they did without issue. Once in the old Peeble's store, they had the stickers on the floor every six feet. We never felt crowded or that people were "in our space".

Hope that helps.
That helps quite a lot. Thank you, and yes I am new to the area. My mother is from here and I just moved here permanently to be closer to her. Getting to know the area. If you don't mind I wonder if I could ask you one more question regarding your appointment at Belknap Mall. Were they very strict about having you show proof of residency? Having just moved here I only have a signed lease agreement for my new apartment but my driver's license is out of state and I have no paystubs for New Hampshire either. My apologies for the multiple posts and questions. My appointment is tomorrow so if anyone can help answer please let me know. Thanks again
Old 04-01-2021, 07:20 PM   #14
MeredithMan

Default check the sign up website...

Hey again Shalometh--

So check the website at which you signed up. That details the "proofs of residency" that you have to bring. My wife did it all for us, so I don't know the specifics, but there were 3 or 4 things that you could bring to prove your identity and residency. The obvious one was a license, but I would think a photo ID and signed lease agreement would suffice, but check the website where you signed up and you should find 3 or 4 options of "proof" of who you are and that you live here. Good luck.
Shalometh (04-02-2021)
Old 04-02-2021, 10:08 AM   #15
winniplayhouse

My husband had his there. He showed up 15 minutes early and had his shot in his arm 2 minutes before his appointment time. It seems very hit and miss on whether you walk right in or wait in line. His was on a Saturday at 11:30am.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:54 PM   #16
SailinAway

I got my second dose of Pfizer at the Belknap Mall at 4 pm on Saturday. I showed up without an appointment. They told me you don't need an appointment for the second dose. Took 15 minutes.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:17 PM   #17
gravy boat

Thumbs up Doing a good job

The folks at the Belknap Mall did a great job both days we were there. Today we received the 2nd dose, 2 minute wait as the elderly woman in front of us needed to find her card. In and out in under 25 minutes.

I have to say that everyone working there had a great sense of humor and were very helpful and friendly.

I did notice there were much fewer people there -- my guess is during our first shot some were already getting their second dose. In and out, lickity split!

Kudos to them!
Old 04-28-2021, 03:04 PM   #18
MeredithMan

Default Piece 'O Cake...

....had the 2nd shot at the mall today. Easy-Peasy. We were originally scheduled for this morning, but we got a call from the State last week, asking us to go mid-afternoon, to spread out the crowd. We went in at 2:30, and literally walked right to the shot table. Not a single person in line.

We were also impressed with how they are ensuring you get the proper 2nd dose. Upon check in, you received an orange card if you were to get Pfizer and a green card if you were to get Moderna. When you arrived at the shot table, both the EMT and the National Guard person checked your vaccination card against your colored card, and they each asked you which one you were supposed to get. Lastly, the needles themselves had orange and green stickers on them as well. Very impressive.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:20 AM   #19
hilltopper

I also got shot #2 at the Belknap Mall yesterday. Originally scheduled for 11AM and, like you, I received a call from the state asking me to go at 5:30PM instead. I told this to the National Guard fella and he just shook his head and muttered something about 211. He said, like I did at 5:30PM, I would have walked right in at 11AM also.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:58 AM   #20
TheTimeTraveler

It's pretty clear that the Vaccine demand is down at this point and everyone who wants one can easily get one now.

I think that appointments will be a thing of the past by the end of May, and all one will need to do is just walk in to CVS or Walgreens.

Yesterday I heard that West Virginia is willing to pay folks $100 to get the shot (ages 16 to 35). This tells me the demand just isn't there.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:04 PM   #21
ApS

Red face Got Your Shot Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
It's pretty clear that the Vaccine demand is down at this point and everyone who wants one can easily get one now.

I think that appointments will be a thing of the past by the end of May, and all one will need to do is just walk in to CVS or Walgreens.

Yesterday I heard that West Virginia is willing to pay folks $100 to get the shot (ages 16 to 35). This tells me the demand just isn't there.
There are these 2 West Virginia lab mice. The first one asks the second one, “Did you get the Covid shot yet?”

And the second one answerers “No. They’re still experimenting with the humans”.

The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
camp guy (05-16-2021)