Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
Winnilifer

Default Lowrance Outboard Pilot/Auto steer

Does anybody have experience with this set up on their kicker motor? Work well? During rough water runs alone trolling, seems like it would be great to have auto pilot (simulating)extra set of hands. Thanks for any help.
Winnilifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #2
Tackleman

Default TR1 gold

I use the tr1 gold system. It is a gps guided system that works from a fixed position or helm and a remote that goes around your neck. You can control the boat from anywhere on your boat. Steers a straight line can make circles around the fish. You can adjust speed and put in neutral all from remote Adjusts for wind and waves. Let's you reel in the fish with doing circles. Works fantastic
Tackleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
Winnilifer

Default Lowrance NAC1 Autopilot & NW Marine Industries

I had Nick Wilmerding at NW Marine install this system at my home. Nick got me on the water with the system installed prior to ice out which was my goal.

The system is installed in my 2017 LUND 17.5 Impact controlled by a Lowrance HDS-12 for trolling utilizing a Merc 9.9 kicker & the HDS-9 for bass fishing with Motor Guide Xi5 trolling motor. I previously set up Trolling courses with the HDS-12 and multiple Bass courses with the HDS-9. The system engages those memorized courses flawlessly - I have had to increase speed to address windy days to maintain course.

I have put roughly 30 hours on the system trolling this spring and it has been fantastic. Obviously when I'm alone it is a dream as well as when I have others with me. I did roughly 2 hours so far bass fishing and that worked great as well. There were mixed reviews on this system on line but I have found it to be a huge benefit.

Also I would highly recommend Nick for any Marine Electrical issues, he installed the system in 1.5 days, and the second day was Lowrance software updates that he went out of his way to update for me.

If anyone has any questions about this system I would be happy to answer them on PM.
Winnilifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnilifer View Post
Does anybody have experience with this set up on their kicker motor? Work well? During rough water runs alone trolling, seems like it would be great to have auto pilot (simulating)extra set of hands. Thanks for any help.
Don't have any experience with the Lowrance setup but I do have a wireless steering setup on my kicker made by Panther Marine and absolutely love it! It's a Panther T5 and works off a small key fob you wear around your neck. Works fantastic especially when fishing alone! Allows you to land and net fish all while maintaining steering anywhere on the boat! I wouldn't be without it!

Dan