Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
vmartino26

Default New Restaurants for us

I always find it interesting that some people question the necessity of being involved with a "forum" like this one. Our experience this weekend reinforces my belief that this forum is a valuable resource.

We had a quick weekend. Up Friday night and back to MA Sunday afternoon.
I've read so many comments about Karen and Barry's, but had never tried the place. That changed Friday night. We went in and were seated promptly. Our orders were taken in a timely fashion. And the food was great. Karen came over to see if things were going well. Just a wonderful Friday evening dinner. We'll be going back again for sure.

Saturday we found ourselves in Moltonborough. We stopped at a place we've driven by many times. Probably wouldn't have stopped this time if not for the nice words we've read about this place --the North Shore Drive-In at the intersection of 25 and 109.

This is not a place my other half would have usually stopped in. But because of the words we'd seen written in the forum, we gave it a try. And we were most pleasantly surprised. Brenda sat us quickly. She took our drink orders, then our food orders, and the drinks and food arrived in a timely fashion. We didn't order anything exotic -- some sweet and sour chicken wings as an app, my other half had a reuben and I settled in on a straight cheesburger.

The wings were messy. They were plump. They were juicy. They were delicious. My wife's reuben was delicious as well, and I enjoyed my cb with all the fixins. Brenda checked on things throughout the meal. It was simple food -- but delicious. It will definitely warrant stops in the future.

Sautrday night we ended up in Alton Bay to see a concert and take in some fireworks. We picked up sandwiches at Weirs the Beef and brought them over to Alton and ate during the show. I love the roast beef sandwiches at Weirs the Beef. A large sandwich with ketchup. Simple yet delicious.

So a restaurant Karen and Barry's that we hadn't gone to, and another one North Shore Drive-In that we finally tried, and what got us to go was the comments on this forum. Two pleasant locally owned businesses trying to do best by the customer. And succeeding. Keep those recommendations coming in. Some of us are listening.
vmartino26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to vmartino26 For This Useful Post:
ApS (08-16-2010), baygo (08-15-2010), eillac@dow (08-15-2010), Happy Gourmand (08-23-2010), Jagstersmom (08-24-2010), Jonas Pilot (08-15-2010), Lucky1 (08-15-2010), MaidenCove07 (08-22-2010), Meredith lady (08-16-2010), Rattlesnake Gal (08-16-2010), RI Swamp Yankee (08-16-2010), riverat (08-16-2010), SteveA (08-29-2010), SteveO123 (08-29-2010), trfour (08-15-2010), VitaBene (08-15-2010), VtSteve (08-22-2010), Waterbaby (08-17-2010)
Old 08-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
MaidenCove07

Default Nail on the head my friend

You've hit on exactly how I found the forum!
I needed to find a good burger (no easy feat these days mind you) and did a simple google search for the best burger near Winnipesaukee.
The first 3 links brought me to the forum and I've been going to The Mug to get my burger fix ever since, plus trying some new places and new things I'd have never known about even though I'm a lifer here...
What a fantastic resource!~!
MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
Jagstersmom

Thumbs up Thanks for the reviews

Thanks so much for giving us two new places to try out. We've been vacationing in Wolfeboro for 34 years and it's nice to know that there are new restaurants to explore. Keep the news coming! Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Jagstersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
baygo

Default Works both ways

I also find this forum helpful to find a place to eat. More valuable than that, I used the forum to help provide direction to opening a new restaurant (not yet mentioned in this thread) in the LR. I opened to a packed house and within 30 days found the business having to turn away customers because we didn't have the seats available. The restaurant has now been open 105 days and is rated the #1 restaurant in the LR by UrbanSpoon.com. I credit this rapid climb to the very valuable input this forum shared with me. The forum input helped me squish some ideas I had and replaced them with ideas from the generous forum readers that took the time to share their input. I believe this is why UrbanSpoon has us at a 93% "like it" rate. A rate consistent to the results of our in house surveys and the posts about us here in the forum.
This is the third restaurant I have been involved in, and the first to pack the house so soon. THANKS!
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
vmartino26

Default The Name?

It's killing me. Is it on Parade Road in Laconia? If not, you have to give me the name! We'd love to try it out!
vmartino26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmartino26 View Post
It's killing me. Is it on Parade Road in Laconia? If not, you have to give me the name! We'd love to try it out!
Check out THIS thread
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
VtSteve

I was not a huge fan of Tappas style, but I can deal with it when the food is great. We have a Bistro style place here called the Green Room. Unreal. I never thought I'd enjoy eating like that, but I do.

So should I add Tavern27 to my list of stop off there?
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote