Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Piston

Default Know of a good florist that delivers in Alton?

(I'm hoping this is the right section for this question)

I work on a ship so holidays seem to be a "hit or miss" thing for me year to year. This year, I'll be away for Thanksgiving, and my family always spends Turkey Day at my aunts house every year. Since I won't be there I'd like to send my aunt a really nice Fall bouquet of flowers. Can anyone recommend a really good florist in the area?

I have a great one near my home that I use often, but that is in MA.

Thank you
-Matt
Piston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
Silverdale

Default Alton Florist

We always use this shop. Lyon's Den, # is 603-875-5472.
Silverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
Crusty

Default Find a Good Florist

Unfortunately, I don't have any specific recommendations for the Alton area, but I do have a sure-fire method of finding one.

First of all, never search for a florist with Google. I found out the hard way that there are many "florists" that claim to be local. However, all of the different phone numbers ring into the same Florida location. I caught on when I noticed that the photo of the "local" shop appeared on many sites with the only difference being the sign.

Instead, I Google a local funeral home and call them. They probably know more about the local florists than anyone else in town and they are always happy to point me to a good one. [I've also been warned about some disreputable ones.]

When I call to order the flowers, I always tell the florist that I trust their professional judgement as to what they will send (once they know the occasion). After following this procedure for over 30 years, I've yet to be disappointed.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

[Yes, I know I couldn't have been using Google for over 30 years... I used to be a pretty fair telephone dialer. http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...lies/smile.gif ]
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote